• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of bundles, the IGBW says that the Bundle in a Box site will be taken down on August 8th, so it'd be a good idea to throw those keys into a text file. I just did as much myself and discovered I had a Rooks Keep key, which I used on Desura to generate a Steam key. What a nice surprise!

Yrael

My top games right now in my newly updated wishlist are:

1. Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
2. Divinity: Original Sin
3. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (not released or even available for pre-order)
4. Shelter 2 (out next month)
5. Child of Light

I'm not sure when I'll buy them - I'll probably just wait until the next Steam sale and then see what the prices are like. Witcher 2 is likely to be a sale purchase, given that it goes down to $5.

JaseC

Sacred 3 was returned to Eastern European stores about an hour ago and the ROW sub is still without PRC flags, so cheaper copies may start popping up on trading sites once more.

Since everyone is doing it:

1 - Wolfenstein: The New Order - Because everybody says it's great
2 - Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ - Because I loved War in the North and this seems like an improved version of that game
3 - Might & Magic X - Legacy - Because I loved this kind of games back in the day

I know, I know,
no animu

saunderez

I'll join in the top 3 posting

1. Arma 3
2. Distant Worlds: Universe
3. The Walking Dead - Season 2

Man I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel wishlist wise, I remember when Dead Rising 3, Alien: Isolation and Witcher 3 were up there instead.

If you want to post lists at least write something about the games, c'mon.
There's absolutely no value or information in your top 3 otherwise.

I don't want to post my wishlist cause I know shadownet will buy it for me.

--

I have the games night OT somewhat ready but I don't really have time to host anything tomorrow. I may hold off on posting it until I can host at the usual times (Fri-Sun).

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet, I have to say I like your colored avatars the best. Although the greyscale + single color ones remind of Divinity art or something.

I'm always taking suggestions and feedbacks :)
Yeah I'm going to move away from the grayscale for a bit. Btw, idk how you're doing it but I love that its still the sweating guy even though its a different character. Amazing.

Elizabeth is too cute not to have some colors.

I'm going on another date tomorrow, so excited.

I don't want to post my wishlist cause I know shadownet will buy it for me.

I already know >:D

Plus I still have to get you your birthday present soon.

From what I just made. Haha:

1. DayZ - I just saw a bunch of videos of it, and thought it looked pretty awesome/fun, and something that'd probably so damn great with friends. lol.

2. Ikaruga - I absolutely love Shoot 'Em Ups/Bullet-Hell Shooters, and this seems to be the best one that I have found.

3. Nidhogg - This game is absolutely amazing, and I got to play it whenever there was a station for it at a Gaming Expo over here. I need it! XD

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't it be:

1. Game I want to buy
2. Game I have
3. Game I bought 50 copies of.

Missing asscreed, Wheelman, and Saoirse references in there :p

So now we are onto listing games instead of talking about tentacles...an improvement?

Top three revised:

1. Day of the Tentacle
2. Saya no Uta
3. Sexy Beach 3

there is no resisting for me what in fact isn't that bad for you

You made the right choice.

Arthea

there is no resisting for me what in fact isn't that bad for you

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-1F7CB4F6C1387278 - Taken by JakeD. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-97D979A6A9A151B7 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 4 entrants total.
Rush for Glory -- MB-046C0D7735BFE1FE - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-E8A051C704F261D8 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker - Initiation -- MB-C79F97AC9E2E8E28 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2, The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-759C11A4C56CD1F2 - Taken by YianGaruga. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-CFD6D61082CC1CF4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Pajama Sam In, No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-965214035436DAAB - Taken by tylerf. 1 entrants total.
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal -- MB-9AD28B8315E99731 - Taken by Newblade. 3 entrants total.

t1406622115z1.png

To get to the other side.
You know the more we joke about this, the likelier it is to happen.

Divinity is great, you guys. Like, really really great. Now I have to decide if I wanna finish Morrowind or Divinity before my semester starts, and it's a stupidly hard decision to make.
whynotboth.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
yesss

finally beat the warlock in nightmare difficulty (naked lady lvl 36) in abyss odyssey

was my first try with her but it was pretty tough

what a cool game

now i only have to grind lvl 40 and pokeball that violinist s o b and i'm platinum

also my top 3 wishlist: gta5, watch doge and south park. has nothing to do with what i actually want (always sometimes monsters, jazzpunk and legend of heroes trails in the sky). i dunno why i put those 3 games up there, probably cos they're expensive

Metro: Last Light is worse and better in different ways from Metro 2033, leaving me with the same level of satisfaction at the end.

Also if you play it, watch out, it may be 4spooky8you.

BOO HAUNTED HOUSE

Vuze

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vuze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV -- MB-15854888430320A7 - Taken by Rudakus. 23 entrants total.

t1406632615z1.png

Arthea

I wish Aquaria had cards. I e-mailed Derek Yu about it last year, but either I was ignored or he no longer uses his Gmail address.

I wish, I had Aquaria. I somehow kept missing bundles with it until I got mad it keeps happening and decided I still will get it in bundle if it will be the last thing I'll do. It never was in a bundle since (><)

JaseC

I think there are some problems with card dropping. Almost three hours on Shank 2, only two cards dropped.

I received three Aeon Command cards in the space of 50 minutes, which is more or less normal. If things start to slow down, try exiting the game and restarting it a couple of minutes later. The first drop is always the quickest.

Play Dreadout and Lone Survivor. I've heard that Claire is good too, but I didn't play it yet.

I actually have Lone Survivor on my PS3. XP But thanks! I'll check those out.

*goes to google*

You may be interested in The Cat Lady, a very interesting horror adventure game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253110/

Also, I've been hearing good things about Darkwood (still in early access):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274520/

Thanks Yrael, will check those out as well!

Arthea

Hey guys, since i'm new to Steam, what are some great exclusive games?

Also, recommend any horror games?

it depends on what you like, but if you at least somewhat into strategy games there are so many of them and good ones is overwhelming. You should get Civ5, at least.
There are many great indie games, then again it is hard to suggest without knowing what you like.
Today Trails in the Sky are being released, buy it! and join our trains in the sky, while we wait for second chapter, which is coming.

As for horror games the Cat Lady is one not to miss, but wait till Dusk sees your post, you get list you'll never be able to finish (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom