• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish, I had Aquaria. I somehow kept missing bundles with it until I got mad it keeps happening and decided I still will get it in bundle if it will be the last thing I'll do. It never was in a bundle since (><)

It was half off during the Summer Sale. ;) I might try e-mailing Alec (the other half of Bit Blot) about cards as well as the unreleased OST DLC; the fact the game is discounted during sale periods means one of the two oversees the game's Steam presence.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, since i'm new to Steam, what are some great exclusive games?

It would be helpful if you indicated what genres you like or are interested in exploring. Everyone here can offer at least one game they personally enjoy, but that has little relevance to your own potential for enjoyment.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's not much, but at least the balls are shiny
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wetflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pool Nation -- MB-BDBF676A758B8326 - Taken by Gez. 7 entrants total.

t1406624395z1.png

Arthea

some free games

send a PM to ModBot

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-1F7CB4F6C1387278 - Taken by JakeD. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-97D979A6A9A151B7 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 4 entrants total.
Data Hacker - Initiation -- MB-C79F97AC9E2E8E28 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2, The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-759C11A4C56CD1F2 - Taken by YianGaruga. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-CFD6D61082CC1CF4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

Arthea

I've tried to restart Steam, now I can't log-in anymore :S

steam can't coup with all Sky trains trying to land today, I'm afraid of evening, when a game is finally available for sale, steam is gonna explode! (><)

It was half off during the Summer Sale. ;) I might try e-mailing Alec (the other half of Bit Blot) about cards as well as the unreleased OST DLC; the fact the game is discounted during sale periods means one of the two oversees the game's Steam presence.

you doing a good work, keep doing it!

Shadownet

Banned
I can't understand why devs still haven't caught up on common knowledge that cards help sell their games. It just doesn't make any sense.

Especially when they are great games too. Sad really.

Also, recommend any horror games?

Outlast, its not an exclusive but I like it. You should talk to Dust, our resident horror expert.

Claire is supposed to be really good.

Looking this up, i'm already interested in it, especially with Haunting Ground being used as an inspiration. Also, is it from the same person who did Lone Survivor, :*

it depends on what you like, but if you at least somewhat into strategy games there are so many of them and good ones is overwhelming. You should get Civ5, at least.
There are many great indie games, then again it is hard to suggest without knowing what you like.
Today Trails in the Sky are being released, buy it! and join our trains in the sky, while we wait for second chapter, which is coming.

As for horror games the Cat Lady is one not to miss, but wait till Dusk sees your post, you get list you'll never be able to finish (><)

I'm into any genre of game, I give every game a chance and would like to explore all that is given. So I would definitely try strategy games!

I have to look up these games, because I don't know what any of them are! XP

Ooooh, Dusk! I actually I rememered that I subscribed to a thread of his.

It would be helpful if you indicated what genres you like or are interested in exploring. Everyone here can offer at least one game they personally enjoy, but that has little relevance to your own potential for enjoyment.

As I said up above, i'm willing to try anything and enjoy all types of games. Although I do have favorites: Fighting, Horror, Shoot Em' Ups.

JaseC

Lol. The sad thing is, I need to do cards on another game and today was the day I want complete X-Com Declassified. It seems I won't do it.

Maybe I read a bit of Miracleman :S

Or play Jade Empire offline.

Steam Status says everything is A-OK. Try deleting everything in the Steam folder but Steam.exe and the steamapps and userdata folders.

How do you set up a gift where you just give someone a url and they retrieve the gift while logged in? Can't figure that out.

Game must be on your steam inventory, then you need to select the option to send gift via email. Send it to your own email, then copy the link, remove your email from the link and use that as the URL.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I was laying in my bed and suddenly my someone-is-requesting-horror-game-info senses were tingling.

Also, recommend any horror games?

I'll keep it brief though, but what sort of horror games do you typically enjoy? Looking for any sort, or reference to horror you enjoy, or more just whatever horror that is quality in its own field?

JaseC

Now I log-in again, but there are problems, Jase. This morning I couldn't log for one hour or so.

Yeah, I bought some games just a few moments ago but they can't be sent my way yet because "You cannot request a new trade while you are still in another trade session."

On a related note, it'd be nice if Valve extended TF2's gift wrap feature to the general Steam inventory so you can "wrap" multiple gifts into the one item.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Looking this up, i'm already interested in it, especially with Haunting Ground being used as an inspiration. Also, is it from the same person who did Lone Survivor, :*

I'm into any genre of game, I give every game a chance and would like to explore all that is given. So I would definitely try strategy games!

I have to look up these games, because I don't know what any of them are! XP

Ooooh, Dusk! I actually I rememered that I subscribed to a thread of his.

As I said up above, i'm willing to try anything and enjoy all types of games. Although I do have favorites: Fighting, Horror, Shoot Em' Ups.

Actually it isn't. But Claire seems like a very good game indeed :p

wagamer

Does anyone have any idea why Steam won't start on my Win XP machine?

I've reinstalled it several times, disabled all firewall and antivirus software, tried opening it offline, cleaning registry, every trick I could find. Can't do a system restore because I have no idea when it stopped working, last time I used that pc was half a year ago and everything worked fine. Nothing's been installed on the machine since, except some regular software updates.

Steam tries to start, updates (every time) and then just shuts down. There's no steam.exe running afterwards, just some temp steam crash process. Steam's error log file had some general error message (can't check right now what it exactly said), but I couldn't find anything with that error either.

So I can't play any of my Steam games on that pc :( Luckily I've got a hefty GOG collection to keep me busy during the rainy holiday days.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

QuestRun -- MB-DC83ABA5D679E187
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-7E9837DF00D69043

Have fun.

Shadownet

Banned
So I was laying in my bed and suddenly my someone-is-requesting-horror-game-info senses were tingling.

The plot to Dust Golem very own horror adventure game.
------------

Hey Jase, have you try out Landmark yet? I did for a bit. Keep getting stutters even on low and medium. Frame rate would be around 40-50 and would jump down to 15 whenever I jump or take 20 steps.

The game look pretty nice otherwise though. I'm guessing this is just a straight up building game since there are no monsters or quests.

Saty

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Saty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Delve Deeper -- MB-DE38013A17D76D9A - Taken by bronson

For the winner: add me on Steam so i can gift it directly to you.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Saturn/

And...we forgot Amnesia. The first one. And yes, this one is a PC exclusive, and is one of the best survival horror since five years.

Oh, and don't play Daylight. I've played almost the whole game from a friend, is just horrible, not scary at all and badly optimized.

My thoughts on Amnesia got ruined, because my friends showed me a playthrough of it.. By PewDiePie <-Whatever his name is. :|

Umh, no, I don't think Jasper Byrne is involved with Claire.

No? It just reminded me of it by the looks. :x

So
I was laying in my bed and suddenly my someone-is-requesting-horror-game-info senses were tingling.

I'll keep it brief though, but what sort of horror games do you typically enjoy? Looking for any sort, or reference to horror you enjoy, or more just whatever horror that is quality in its own field?

Basically that. But I mean, I love the genre in general that i'd like explor every type.

Also, sorry on my lateness.. I'm using a phone, and it's 4am. U_U

This is just a warm up.

Later today if I remember to, I am going to give away a dirty bomb closed beta key (I think I might have 2 or maybe even 3 left).

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mobius and pet octopus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-F4BCF28C6A837FDE

t1406625655z1.png

jediyoshi

Its a sad day when you find out Gun Monkeys has cards but not The Wolf Among Us :(

Hopefully when they do, they'll do a better job than TWD's cards which were just spoilerific episode synopsis.

I can't understand why devs still haven't caught up on common knowledge that cards help sell their games. It just doesn't make any sense.

It fits in perfectly with their existing marketing which is pretty ingenious. Every new episode, the game gets another Steam front page and round of advertising. Then when it's all wrapped up, they can do a final push and say "Now with Steam cards".

Arthea

It is great and was worth waiting for 2 years!

I dig all the mysteriousness and puzzles. It doesn't do anything much new, in fact, it's the way all mystery is presented, what is so good. And everybody knows by now, that I'm into alchemy maybe a bit too much. If I was to live in olden times, I totally would be chasing the philosophers' stone all my life. (><)
So, if someone is on the fence, don't be anymore.

Sharkiller

Does anyone have any idea why Steam won't start on my Win XP machine?

I've reinstalled it several times, disabled all firewall and antivirus software, tried opening it offline, cleaning registry, every trick I could find. Can't do a system restore because I have no idea when it stopped working, last time I used that pc was half a year ago and everything worked fine. Nothing's been installed on the machine since, except some regular software updates.

Steam tries to start, updates (every time) and then just shuts down. There's no steam.exe running afterwards, just some temp steam crash process. Steam's error log file had some general error message (can't check right now what it exactly said), but I couldn't find anything with that error either.

So I can't play any of my Steam games on that pc :( Luckily I've got a hefty GOG collection to keep me busy during the rainy holiday days.
try some of these parameters
-complete_install_via_http
-tcp
-forceservice
-single_core

(not all at once)

Tellaerin

Wouldn't it be:

1. Game I want to buy
2. Game I have
3. Game I bought 50 copies of.

JaseC's Pat & Mat posse could probably use more company, yeah. >.>

--

And since people have been doing the "wishlist top 3" thing tonight I might as well post mine, too. (And babble about my choices for discussion's sake, so that I don't get yelled at for just posting a list. *runs*)

1. Dynasty Warriors 8 XL

I've always loved the Warriors/Musou games. I see them as the logical evolution of the 2D brawler genre, adding free-roaming 3D movement, RPG-ish character growth and light strategic elements while retaining that core of "beat down hordes of thugs, scarf food to heal, and keep your life bar topped up to survive the boss fights". Unless you count the Dynasty Warriors Online beta, the last Warriors game I've played was probably Warriors Orochi 2 for PSP, so I really need to pursue Lu Bu again.

2. Divinity: Original Sin

After all the hype this game's been getting from SteamGAF lately, it's hard not to be excited about it. I've been trying to avoid reading anything too spoilery, but the magic mechanics and the freedom to approach situations in a variety of ways has me very interested.

3. Astebreed

Astebreed is a mecha-themed shmup that some people have likened to a sidescrolling Zone of the Enders. I'm a big shmup fan, I have a soft spot for mecha, and ZoE2's one of my favorite PS2 games. How could I possibly not want this game?

which console(s) do you own and what kind of games do you play usually ?

Wii, and PS3 only. I usually always play fighting games, and I know most horror games are on PC.

Well, don't Play Amnesia is a huge mistake. And watching PewDiePie videos...is bad. Expecially if you love horror games.

But I thought it was good? :V Yeeah, I don't ever watch his videos, it's only when i'm forced by friends.

Shadownet

Banned
Whats the best Free to Play MMORPG on Steam right now? I mean like sword and shield type, not guns like Defiance.

I have a Guild Wars 2 account but ehh..

Robocraft seems good so far. I just needs a way to highlight multiple pieces at once so that you can move around huge chunks of your creation. A way to flip it around in midair would be nice.

The cost for extra pieces though, hurm. I'm looking at an image of a giant dragon someone made which makes me want to spend money, but still

My top # (since it's what the cool kids are posting now)
!. Transistor // Enjoyed Bastion, and the gameplay I've seen looks great
@. Shovel Knight // Duh.
#. Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming // Enjoyed the first one very much, interested to see what they cooked up for the sequel.

pahamrick

On the crazy chance that no one has already gotten their copy of this, have at it or take it for a friend / family member.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-57B4872A7EF671D7 - Taken by Shtpfrk
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-A3B0046316439536

Ibuki

Banned
Ugh I can't sleep and feel like I'm gonna die. I was going to get TLoU while I was at work but I don't think I'm gonna be able to go in. At least I can download Trails and cough my ass off from home.

And now, Fuzzi, congratulations on the last one. I'm just stoked to see you win something for once... I'm glad it was my giveaway in this case.
wba8y.gif

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-AF1314CD0FE8E7F2 - Taken by Indignate. 24 entrants total.

t1406626855z1.png

Arthea

what I would suggest for starters
any Civilization game, Civ5 maybe isn't the best choice, but it's new
Xcom enemy unknown is must have too, imo
I would suggest Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but it's not on steam, you can get it on gog, though
or alternatively any King's Bounty game, The Legend might be the best choice, actually.
any Total War game (Rome might be the best choice), only before choosing which one, be sure it will run on your OS, I had problems with older ones, or Shogun 2
If you haven't played C&C Tyberium wars, you probably want that too.
Anno 1404 (I need to buy it too)
something of Age of Empires series
Crusader Kings II
some of Galactic Civ
some of Europa Universalis
Endless Space

and list goes on and on, it's actually endless. Keep in mind most of those are games that require a lot of time, and I mean a lot.

You guys are going to make my wishlist grow so damn much. Lol.

Outlast, its not an exclusive but I like it. You should talk to Dust, our resident horror expert.

I'm planning to actually get that one day!

Amnesia the Dark Descent is good. A Machine for Pigs is less than stellar, but still pretty decent.

I'm going to guess that Snake maybe meant that not playing Amnesia is a huge mistake, because the first Amnesia was pretty good.

I don't know much about it, but i'm guessing that's the second one? :p I'll still give it a look.

Aah, well that would probably make sense. Hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom