• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god. I found it. I finally found it.

tumblr_ml4j9bwqpo1rmyauarz.gif

I think its time to admit you have a problem. We love you and just want you to get better.

I know, right? My computer's in the shop right now and I'm terrified that my Dark Souls II game saves are going to poof. Don't know what I'll do if that happens. Wander America's highways, start obsessively reposting news from PS Blog. We'll see.

DSII doesn't have cloud saves? Something similar happened to me but it was with The Witcher, I'm not coming back to it anytime soon because of the lack of cloud saving.

Every game has cloud saving if you want it.

Grief.exe

Xseed plans to release it this winter, if possible, but they planned to release FC last winter and we all know how that went.
I think spring is earliest we can hope for, more likely is summer release, pessimistic one would be autumn.

I believe Xseed was saying that many of the issues they fixed for the FC release would carry over to SC as well. So they were really working on both ports concurrently, and the turn around time should be significantly shorter.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Goodmorning GAF, hopefully everyone here is excited for TitS today.

Overnight idling was a great success:

WhQxAcq.png

I even got two foils

Dr Dogg

DropBox and GSM are your cloudsaving friends for non Steamworks games. Don't even consider a Uplay game without that combo.

It is great and was worth waiting for 2 years!

I dig all the mysteriousness and puzzles. It doesn't do anything much new, in fact, it's the way all mystery is presented, what is so good. And everybody knows by now, that I'm into alchemy maybe a bit too much. If I was to live in olden times, I totally would be chasing the philosophers' stone all my life. (><)
So, if someone is on the fence, don't be anymore.

Just before I bite the bullet I rendownload end this onto my iPad and thought I'd give it a proper go. Really got stuck in and enjoying it but I do fear for the replayability as I don't think the solutions are going to change and if prettier graphics is a big enough of a draw. I've done the first two contraptions so deliberating whether to press on or grab this on Steam and carry on from there. Price as it is compared to the iOS equivalent isn't really swaying either.

nothing stops that train.

6 hours until launch and no buy button? wat?

We need a conductor to see how many in that train buy a ticket ie; pick up the game today.

WhQxAcq.png

I even got two foils

Hahaha easy money! Are you going to roll something into Enhanced Steam at some point? I got Stump's script working but I haven't got SAM on my machine at present so due to being stupidly early haven't played around any more this morning. Be nice to have some flexibility that ES offers with sorting in the badge page. Maybe a click to idle button or highest value first. Just ideas mind I'm not insinuating what you should do ;)

Arthea

I believe Xseed was saying that many of the issues they fixed for the FC release would carry over to SC as well. So they were really working on both ports concurrently, and the turn around time should be significantly shorter.

well ya, but they didn't need to translate FC, while they need SC and script is enormous, so SC will take a lot more time than FC took, anyway.

Just before I bite the bullet I rendownload end this onto my iPad and thought I'd give it a proper go. Really got stuck in and enjoying it but I do fear for the replayability as I don't think the solutions are going to change and if prettier graphics is a big enough of a draw. I've done the first two contraptions so deliberating whether to press on or grab this on Steam and carry on from there. Price as it is compared to the iOS equivalent isn't really swaying either.

you are right, I don't think there is much replayability in this one. But as for me, mouse controls are much more preferable to touch ones and I'm biased against iOS games, I simply don't like small screen gaming, so there is that too!

Hugstable

Banned

WhQxAcq.png

I even got two foils

Holy shit that's awesome! You were able to have it idle all night without having to wake up switch the game over? I need this magics!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's badass man....Do you have the script uploaded anywhere? Would love to try this.

I don't have it uploaded anywhere yet, but I'm planning on making it a little more robust (aka working with other languages, handling errors like SAM crashing, etc) then package it as an EXE and releasing it for everyone to use along with some basic instructions.

So good.
Idling as we know it won't be such a pain now.

I was worried when I started that it would interrupt my game time, but it's nice that I can just start it before bed / work and let it run while I have other things to do. When you want to play a game, you can simply close it and it'll pick up right where you left off the next time you run it. So handy.

Holy shit that's awesome! You were able to have it idle all night without having to wake up switch the game over? I need this magics!

Yep, the script checks the badge page to see if you have any more cards remaining. When there are no cards left to idle, it automagically switches over to idling the next game.

Kiru

So good.
Idling as we know it won't be such a pain now.

I don't idle my games. Am I a weirdo ?

ßthePenguin;123151193 said:
Yup, I managed to almost activate all of the orange thingies in Chapter 3 it was called, I think. I was literally sweating lol.
Exactly. Chapter 3 is kicking my ass. Can't crowd control those hammer + archer fuckers. Playing on keyboard here.

DogMeat77

Landmark access

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PossumMeat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Landmark Closed Beta -- MB-094363A53C89154D - Taken by someguyinahat. 6 entrants total.

t1406651335z1.png

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/WhQxAcq.png[/IMG

[SPOILER]I even got two foils[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Is it possible not to be?

what is this overnight idling, I feel like I'm missing some vital info here.

Jawmuncher

I was worried when I started that it would interrupt my game time, but it's nice that I can just start it before bed / work and let it run while I have other things to do. When you want to play a game, you can simply close it and it'll pick up right where you left off the next time you run it. So handy.

Sounds absolutely great.
Plus knowing valve they won't bother to make something to "fix" it for a long time if ever.

Do you actually play every game that has cards until the drops all happen? It's not weird but it is odd. Everyone just wants that free steam money.

Kifimbo

Overnight idling ? Yes please.

Meanwhile:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SOL: Exodus -- MB-1D1A58D8266A31FF - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1406641675z1.png

I don't have it uploaded anywhere yet, but I'm planning on making it a little more robust (aka working with other languages, handling errors like SAM crashing, etc) then package it as an EXE and releasing it for everyone to use along with some basic instructions.

You are truly doing the Lord
Gaben
s work.

automagically

dead

Only if you don't like free money.

jshackles

I started writing a script (well, Stump did a lot of the heavy lifting) that automatically idles all of your games that have cards. It monitors how many drops the game it's idling has left, and when you have all of the drops from that game, it starts idling another.

Double

Shack Attack wrote a script that gets you all the cards <3 can't wait for it.

Exactly. Chapter 3 is kicking my ass. Can't crowd control those hammer + archer fuckers. Playing on keyboard here.
Playing with 360 controller but still failed :D feels good when you finally smash those fuckers to dust though.
As for the guys with the gun, you need to let them waste their 3 shoots and then BOOM. Really hard when there are more of them though :>

Arthea

I started writing a script (well, Stump did a lot of the heavy lifting) that automatically idles all of your games that have cards. It monitors how many drops the game it's idling has left, and when you have all of the drops from that game, it starts idling another.

that's seriously awesome! It won't be bannable offence I hope (><)

Easily, that hype train left the station without me. I'll wait for a sale.

I somehow doubt you'll be able to wait for sale, not your style!
sorry about a train leaving without you, but trains are about to land anyway for a time being.

Beelzebubs

Yep, the script checks the badge page to see if you have any more cards remaining. When there are no cards left to idle, it automagically switches over to idling the next game.

You see any issues with SAM not recognizing a lot of games? If it crashes I don't see a way within a browser script to manually add an appid to SAM to re-find a game or can you pull the appid from your current Enhanced Steam script and macro it into SAM?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You see any issues with SAM not recognizing a lot of games? If it crashes I don't see a way within a browser script to manually add an appid to SAM to re-find a game or can you pull the appid from your current Enhanced Steam script and macro it into SAM?

SAM's automatic search function is rather poor, but you can just input a particular app id.

earlier iterations of this (last night...) the idea was to have a text file that contained the appIDs for all your games that have card drops and that ID would be added into SAM.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
SOUL GAMBLER (desura) -- MB-31D38DA09DAAD895 - Taken by Gurthang. 1 entrants total.

t1406642035z1.png

SparkTR

Hey guys, since i'm new to Steam, what are some great exclusive games?

Also, recommend any horror games?

For horror games, Stalker Trilogy, Amnesia, Amnesia A Machine for Pigs, Penumbra Black Plague, Penumbra Overture, Among the Sleep and Outlast.

You can start with Space Rangers HD, Banished, Divinity. There's about a thousand exclusive games on Steam so it'll be futile to list them.

Beelzebubs

SAM's automatic search function is rather poor, but you can just input a particular app id.

Yes I know that, but I meant if it crashes whilst your asleep, it doesn't retain any manually entered appid's. Just wondering if there was a way for jshackles script to re-enter it into SAM itself.

jshackles

The script that's running is using Python, and it's passing the AppID directly into SAM.Game.exe which (at least in my so far limited testing) has worked flawlessly each time. Occasionally, I'll get a .NET error, but it can be safely ignored as it doesn't interrupt the process. When the SAM process is killed by the script, any child windows (such as the error message) get killed along with it.

Right now the only thing I can think of that would make the script not work correctly is if you manually closed the SAM process or if it crashed in such a way that Steam no longer thought you were in-game. I'm going to try to write some code to detect this before it gets published.

Yes I know that, but I meant if it crashes whilst your asleep, it doesn't retain any manually entered appid's. Just wondering if there was a way for jshackles script to re-enter it into SAM itself.

Yes currently if SAM crashes you can simply relaunch it. But soon, the script will attempt to do that for you.

Eventually I'll be replacing the SAM executable all together with my own application that just allows you to idle.

I hope you guys who's planning to idling over night has free electricity :p And a working fire alarm.

what?

notsureifserious.jpg

it's the same as if you leave your computer on over night. If idling games is causing your computer to overheat, you might need to clean it out.

Hugstable

Banned
well ... I'm only half-joking and half-crying-myself-into-sleep-every-night ... because I want all of those games on PC ; _ ;

Don't we all :-/. I would love to play Red Dead with a decent framerate haha. I only have the PS3 version and it runs soooooo choppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom