• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find funny in a sarcastic kind of way, to see people arguing about the 30fps vs 60fps now that they experienced it first-hand on a console game.

derExperte

The amazing thing about the automatic idling rotation thing is that no one has done it yet. Like, the code I wrote yesterday is something I wrote in like 20 minutes because I read other people talk about it and thought "wow that would be kind of neat" and I'm not even a particularly good programmer.

You know what to do next. Make a nice interface, submit to Greenlight, ????, profit.

I can't believe no one had. I wish you had made it before today though. I woke up to my new set of Space Hulk and Rhythm Destruction cards, only to realize....I have no more games to idle. What purpose do i have now? Do i need to actually play these things now?

Now you sell the cards to buy other cards to craft badges.

Double

Just to pile on, yeah the game is definitely worth it, sorta reminds me of a cross between Mount and Blade and FTL with some optional RTS stuff thrown in. I've spent almost 50 hours on it so far and am nowhere close to finishing, easily worth it at the current price. It's one of those games that many people will ignore because the screenshots don't do it justice, but once you get into it, it's so good. It's sad that GAF has pretty much disregarded it.

Counting down the hours till Trails now.
leoattention.gif

Thanks for the SAM explanations!

The other day I booted Dark Souls 1 (I went directly to DS2 instead of going NG+), and man, they sure improved gameplay on DS2.

Also the NG+ of DS1 was rather easy, I made my way to Queelag on less than an hour and killed everything on my first try.

Lomax

An automated script combined with SAM for continuous idling is bordering pretty close to botting, I don't think Valve will really care, but that may be why no one has really brought up or tried to do it previously.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Changed my mind. I'm not really interested in trying out an MMO right now. So, who is?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wildstar 7 Day Trial -- MB-963724C3CCC52C91 - Taken by Gurthang
1. Log into your account using the official WILDSTAR website.
2. Click "APPLY A CODE" on the red banner near the top of the page.
3. Enter your personal serial key and click Apply.
4. If you receive a success message, you're good to go. If not double-check the serial key is entered correctly.
5. Download the client by clicking Download Game in the Account Summary box.

Remember: keys can be redeemed from Tuesday, 29 July, and they must be activated by Sunday, 3 August.

Dr Dogg

Nahh I don't idle my games either. Well after all this talk about idling I'm going to start doing it too. So yeah you will become the odd one out lol.

I generally play mine as and when but then when I check my badge page via Enhanced Steam and it tells me this
Worth Approximately £34.62

and working out that it will take in the region of a couple of hundred hours at least to get all the drops anything to make it an easier process is much welcome.

Teppic

When playing some Scribblenauts Unlimited my character starts to move really slow all of a sudden. What am I doing wrong?1? There's no run button in the config.

Edit: Resetting the level worked. Weird. Restarting the computer did nothing.

Edit 2: Haha, it was spiderweb on me. Didn't see that.

Edit 3: No, wait. I'm a zombie. No idea how to cure that yet.

Now you sell the cards to buy other cards to craft badges.

That is what i'm slowly working at. I'm hopeful that at some point, my lack of games to idle will be made up by receiving more foil and booster drops. I've noticed since really focusing on crafting during the summer sale, that i get a lot more boosters. Had no idea the higher your level, the more likely you were to get one.

Kiru

Nahh I don't idle my games either. Well after all this talk about idling I'm going to start doing it too. So yeah you will become the odd one out lol.

:(
I just don't like steam tracking game time even though I don't really play^^

Articalys

How do people have so many cards to idle for? Is it from the masses of games you've bought over the years that you finished playing ages ago, but only recently had cards added, or something like that?

Kiru

How do people have so many cards to idle for? Is it from the masses of games you've bought over the years that you finished playing ages ago, but only recently had cards added, or something like that?

Bundle games, games I won here, games I won on steamgifts.
Look what Enhanced Steam calculates for me:

549 card drops remaining
139 games with drops remaining
31 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 44.25€
tumblr_m528acVCJO1qktlzuo1_500.gif

Dr Dogg

Hey these awful quality posts don't write themselves you know! That and I'm too lazy to even get into the idling grove most of the time.

And please for the love of Pete don't go posting just your Enhanced Steam cards stats one after the other.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The amazing thing about the automatic idling rotation thing is that no one has done it yet. Like, the code I wrote yesterday is something I wrote in like 20 minutes because I read other people talk about it and thought "wow that would be kind of neat" and I'm not even a particularly good programmer.

True enough, though a lot of people said the same thing when I first created Enhanced Steam.

Hahaha yeah understood. Oh on a side note is your Patreon drive still going?

Yep, it's still going! http://www.patreon.com/enhancedsteam

The good news is that the campaign is bringing in enough money every month to cover server costs. :)

iosefe

Bundle games, games I won here, games I won on steamgifts.
Look what Enhanced Steam calculates for me:

549 card drops remaining
139 games with drops remaining
31 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 44.25€

sweet jesus

Articalys

There are that many games in all those random indie bundles that have cards to recoup costs that far? If I'd only known all this time...

My question is how hard is it to sell cards? I've never done it before but I see like hundreds of people selling the same cards on the marketplace.

derExperte

So, do any of you guys actually give up the tax info to have over 200 listings?

No reason not to, it's only a formality (which took ages to complete last year but that's another story).

My question is how hard is it to sell cards? I've never done it before but I see like hundreds of people selling the same cards on the marketplace.

Undercut them or put your cards up for a higher price and wait.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I always just undercut by a cent and leave them for 2-3 days. The ones that don't sell, I relist again. Rinse and repeat.

Dr Dogg

Yep, it's still going! http://www.patreon.com/enhancedsteam

The good news is that the campaign is bringing in enough money every month to cover server costs. :)

That's great news. Hope the pick up and further pledging continues.

Look what you've done

I admit I'm the catalyst for lists. I posted my woeful download speeds once and next thing that happened was 3 pages of everyone doing the same even after I begged them not to.

Aaron D.

I'm such a dork.

I've no interest in idling for card drops as my real game-time clock for each title in my library is far more valuable information for me than the return from selling cards for pennies.

It's fun to track how much time I actually spend with each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom