• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

DJfwPhj.png

shake it, baby

good times

pahamrick

Now let's wait a few days (to accommodate card idling for folks who are few cents short) and then let's do some friendlist cleaning.

//Edit:

Arthea and Milamber - you're good people!

Whelp, good thing I'm not on your friend's list or I'd be pruned.
I can't pick it up for awhile.

I have the PSN digital copy on my Vita, though!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
There is this strange pleasure on coming back to an older game, play it at maximum graphics and just enjoy the game :)

Yep, one of the joys I've found in moving on from 360/ps3 to pc. I want to replay everything.

Hah, just finished the game as well today. First time, finally. Visually it's really amazing.

That level in the subway - aaaaaaaaaaaah! I love it. I really hurt myself (it did feel like that) when I got hit by the metro.

Yeah that's a great level. I wish I had the time to do time trials again. That's the real essence of this game. It's very rewarding to hit that flow and nail a track.

Shantom

Last repost:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Note: As this giveaway was made before the game was available for purchase, the winner will need to add me on Steam to be gifted the game.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-FC569E02EA2A517D - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 224 entrants total.

t1406653000z1.png

Sharkiller

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/246888230935507716
We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes.

Steam Client
Fixed shift key being stuck down after shift-clicking a link in the web view

Library
Added by-category filter options to the filter dropdowns in all library views
When switching between library views, remember the category of the game selected and retain it when possible
In list view with game images selected, display the image on all instances of the game instead of only one
Fixed add to/remove from family games when using multiple selection
Fixed a game losing focus when switching for the first time from details/list view to grid view

Linux
Fixed Big Picture overlay flashing when visible
Fixed crash when using web view

Mac OS X
Fixed keyboard input being slow

In-Home Streaming
Fixed crash in Max Payne 3 with a streaming controller
Fixed crash with Dirt 3 and GRID 2 when there is a local controller attached
Fix color range on NVIDIA cards

I just received the gift of TitS.
Could this day get any better?

--

Sheeeeeit, it can -- Whispering Willows was just added to the newest Blink Bundle.

--

Steeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm -- people keep gifting me TitS, but alas, I cannot accept them -- why must you limit the TitS on my account?

Im thinking about actually buying a game on steam. Sans sale or bundle. I need something to take a break from nearly 500 hours of Marvel Heroes.

Here is my wishlist:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/baroncalamity/wishlist/

Any recommendations? Preferably one you've actually played.

Get Shovel Knight, it is awesome!! Very fun game with good mechanics. It was barely on my radar because I figured it was just going to use nostalgia to appeal to gamers but I played it at a friends and was instantly sold.

Grief.exe

Im thinking about actually buying a game on steam. Sans sale or bundle. I need something to take a break from nearly 500 hours of Marvel Heroes.

Here is my wishlist:

There are three recently released games near the top of your wishlist that receive consistent praise on SteamGAF.

Transistor, Shovel Knight, and Trails.

Of those, I have only played Transistor and I thoroughly recommend it. Excellent game, one of my favorites for the year.

Benedict

A quick leftover giveaway open for all:
edit: it's 99 Levels to Hell, but what's the difference anyway...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Levels of Hell -- MB-73787EB6EF3FA4E0 - Taken by lukiluk. 3 entrants total.

t1406653196z1.png

Vuze

Here is my wishlist:

Valiant Hearts is great if you're in for a simple 2D adventure with a very touching WWI story and a lot of historical background info. One of the few recent Ubisoft games I recommend.

Space Run is also very great and very much the opposite of Valiant Hearts. It's a very stressful tower defense / strategy game but highly enjoyable if you like the genre. Also very, very well polished.

Lifeless Planet is a very atmospheric, low gameplay 3D adventure. If you like "Walking Simulators" it's pretty good while also a bit lengthy. I really enjoyed the tense atmosphere. I'd pick Valiant Hearts / Space Run over it.

Ah yeah, forgot about Shovel Knight.
I ragequit this one lol, too bad at platformers I guess
(I actually have a few more of the games sitting in my library but haven't touched them haha)

Altazor

Here is my wishlist:

do you like classic Megaman? Well, imagine a MM game with sprinkles of classic Castlevania and hints of Super Mario Bros 3 with a kickass soundtrack and tons of charm, and you've got Shovel Knight. Absolutely recommended.

rtcn63

this trails game better be good, ya fuckin' jrpg fiends

Do you guys recall Tales of the Abyss, aka THE GAME THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS. I enjoyed the game on PS2, liked the characters and writing, but that shit didn't know when to quit. In the second half, it loved to force you to visit old areas for one or two conversations, before ferrying to fifty others in kind. The funny thing is, I finally gave up right before the final dungeon.

I can't play new Tales games, though not because of that. I just don't care for the combat, having played Star Ocean 3/4, Persona 3/4, etc. Tales' combat feels so restrictive in comparison.

Tesseract

Banned
Do you guys recall Tales of the Abyss, aka THE GAME THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS. I enjoyed the game on PS2, liked the characters and writing, but that shit didn't know when to quit. It loved to force you visit old areas for one or two conversations, before ferrying to fifty others in kind. The funny thing is, I finally gave up right before the final dungeon.

jeeeeesus, not sure if want

how's the writing guys, pst being the bar.

Ban Puncher

Here is my wishlist:

You guys were talking about gifting a while back? I could really use A-Train 9, or Divinity, or Shadow Warrior. Probably just A9, though, since Degica's about to release Version 3.0 on Steam.

I got you guys covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom