• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

I reached the last boss in Proxy Blade Zero. I can't defeat him, too fucking hard, even on easy mode lol. I could only reach Chapter 3 on normal mode. I know why you said it's "hardcore" DSix... Not a bad game for doing it all yourself, difficulty is too high though, otherwise enjoyable.

*TitS as far as the eye can see*
1357758245142.gif

Speevy

Banned
Trails in the Sky seems like it might be really fun but I've had it crash on me twice already.

Is there some secret to making it run perfectly?

bloke

Yeah, it bored me most of the time. Characters like to talk way too much, usually without saying anything interesting, and pretty much nothing happens in the game till the end. Battle system and leveling system are merely ok and dungeons are boring. I really hope TitS2 is better, at least from a gameplay perspective. But I'm way more interested in playing Brandish to be honest.

Played it on PSP and it thought it was well... ok, not boring, but not super amazing either... i think lot of folks playing it first time on PC may end being disappointed due to all the hype in here.

Hugstable

Banned
I just sent an support ticket to Blink Bundle, hopefully they will still see that I bought the 4.99 bundle using my email, I really don't want to miss out on Whispering WIllows.

Trails in the Sky seems like it might be really fun but I've had it crash on me twice already.

Is there some secret to making it run perfectly?

From my Twitter feed: Don't play on 1080p + Full screen. Below 1080p shoulb be fine.

Considering it is XSeed, expect a patch soon anway.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014
01:17 PM - liezryou|SELLING TitS: WHY U NO BUY TITS FROM ME
01:17 PM - liezryou|SELLING TitS: wait did rhaknar gift it to you
01:21 PM - liezryou|SELLING TitS has changed their name to liezryou.
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: oh
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: you're no longer SELLING TITS?
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: :(
01:22 PM - liezryou: i am
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: what kind of PIMP are you?
01:22 PM - liezryou: i just changed my name
01:22 PM - liezryou: cause
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: :$
01:22 PM - liezryou: now its getting awkward
01:22 PM - liezryou: LOL
01:23 PM - liezryou: some random dude who i don't even know though i was actually like selling pictures of tits or something
01:23 PM - corrosivefrost: haha, can I post that on steamGAF?
01:23 PM - corrosivefrost: I'm dying here. :D
01:23 PM - liezryou: sure

Lmao that's hilarious!

Dr Dogg

Well no probs with Trails running my end at 2560x1440. What sort of issues were people having?

Actually has anyone tried GeDoSaTo yet? It's quite lightweight on resources so plenty of scope for crazy resolutions.

Tellaerin

I don't think so. It's essentially the same thing as idling your games using SAM, which a lot of people have done since the trading card beta and to my knowledge nobody has gotten in trouble for.

My big concern is that Valve may feel your script makes it too easy to idle for cards compared to the traditional method. If it catches on (and I'm pretty sure it would), it would potentially lead to a massive influx of new cards entering the system as people begin using it. I just hope they won't lower drop rates across the board to try and stem the tide or something. : /

You aren't and I expect some kind of backlash in the near future. Or everyone will just get bored after a few hours and stop playing.

This will probably happen for me. It takes a special kind of JRPG for me to play it all the way to the end these days. Hopefully this is one of them.

Nabs

I see I have an extra key for Doublefine - Amnesia Fortnight 2012. It should come with a bunch of prototypes (and a bunch of +1s). I don't think this comes with the (excellent) documentary.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ixEIuy0B4Nnnm.png

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-033C23B57C82AE7B - Taken by Demon Lizardman

Tuesday, July 29, 2014
01:17 PM - liezryou|SELLING TitS: WHY U NO BUY TITS FROM ME
01:17 PM - liezryou|SELLING TitS: wait did rhaknar gift it to you
01:21 PM - liezryou|SELLING TitS has changed their name to liezryou.
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: oh
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: you're no longer SELLING TITS?
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: :(
01:22 PM - liezryou: i am
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: what kind of PIMP are you?
01:22 PM - liezryou: i just changed my name
01:22 PM - liezryou: cause
01:22 PM - corrosivefrost: :$
01:22 PM - liezryou: now its getting awkward
01:22 PM - liezryou: LOL
01:23 PM - liezryou: some random dude who i don't even know though i was actually like selling pictures of tits or something
01:23 PM - corrosivefrost: haha, can I post that on steamGAF?
01:23 PM - corrosivefrost: I'm dying here. :D
01:23 PM - liezryou: sure

I think I'm dying from laughter and the pain in my back lol.

Nabs

Well no probs with Trails running my end at 2560x1440. What sort of issues were people having?

Actually has anyone tried GeDoSaTo yet? It's quite lightweight on resources so plenty of scope for crazy resolutions.

If it's anything like the Ys games, the sky... is the limit.

Tom just posted this:

Basically, it seems like the "perfect storm" combo for creating this crash is Steam version + fullscreen mode + 1080p resolution + 60fps + high-resolution fonts. If you change any of those variables, the game won't crash.

Speevy

Banned
Okay, so I got TiTs running, but hte movies and introduction are screwed up.

My video card is not fried and it's a GTX 760, which is a pretty common card.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My big concern is that Valve may feel your script makes it too easy to idle for cards compared to the traditional method. If it catches on (and I'm pretty sure it would), it would potentially lead to a massive influx of new cards entering the system as people begin using it. I just hope they won't lower drop rates across the board to try and stem the tide or something. : /

Good point. I'm not sure if I would worry about it too much though, since even if it "caught on" I'm sure we would still be a minority of users and would likely have very little impact on the market overall. Of course, I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom