• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is very awesome of you to program. Hope you can release it shortly.
Let's see how much I have.
Code:
0 card drops remaining
0 games with drops remaining
20 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 8.45€
That's weird. I do have 103 cards left to idle for. Is approx. worth realistically achievable or much percent of that should one expect?

Not sure on the 0 card drops remaining bug, a lot of users seem to be experiencing that this morning. :(

The approximate worth here is calculated based on the average selling price of trading cards for that game multiplied by the number of card drops you have remaining. This figure is then tallied for all games you have card drops remaining and is added together to arrive at the approximate worth. So assuming that you instantly had all of these trading cards available to sell, that would be how much you could reasonably expect to get for them.

Well, turns out I was right about the mystery games ;)
Anyway, you should get thief 2 and 3, and the "next (read, previous) gen" Tomb Raider trilogy is great too.
The older Tomb Raiders, while still good overall (at least the first 3), are pretty old and have weird tank controls.
:)
Ah, yes. Games got revealed while I wrote my post. Actually very good bundle. You get both Hitman and Deus Ex franchises. If I hadn't gotten so many games of that list by nice gaf members already, I'd bite. But alas, I'll try my luck with the giveaways.
Only need DE:Human Revolution, DE:The Fall and Absolution

MUnited83

For you.
Thief for €10, worth it? Does it play kinda like Dishonored?

Not worth 10€(and you can already get it for 5/4 euros anyways). It's terrible and Dishonored is a much much better game. And yes, it plays a lot like Dishonored, but without the fun or the fluidity of it.

Aaron D.

header_292x136.jpg

Is that guy sporting a mullet?

OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255569389

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

I hope all of you are enjoying playing with TiTS today!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great success

xobEaus.png

Easy and to the point.

Ventara

OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->
268x268.resizedimage

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

This seems nice. Voted. Thanks for posting about it.

Nabs

268x268.resizedimage

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

Wow. That's an amazing trailer.

Egamer

Only needed Contracts to complete my Hitman collection. <3

ModBot said:
Instructions for Egamer:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Egamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-E34FBC9901648823 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-A53D151828A90467 - Taken by KenOD. 32 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-7B31A4060E783AEB - Taken by kadab. 11 entrants total.

t1406668496z1.png

268x268.resizedimage

Looks really neat. Voted. :)

Ventara

Wow, lots of people want in on The Last Remnant. Now wins for me. :(

BUT

Corrosivefrost just offered to give me his copy, just like that! That's very awesome of him.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
enhanced steam is telling me I have apx €24 in remaining card drops (297).

that's like $400 fyi

Vuze

Great success

xobEaus.png

Easy and to the point.

scrapes which games and cards and idles each game until all drops are expired and moves to the next one.

god mode for card drops.

Is that true? omg then. Always too lazy to idle for cards manually. ;>

E:
Realistically the only difference is that you can't use this to unlock achievements. It's sole purpose is to put you "in-game" so that you can idle. With that being said, it's a lot cleaner code than SAM (presumably, since SAM has to do things like message callbacks from Steam, etc) so it should be less error prone.

Ah well lol. What Bosstones said is a great idea though.

jshackles

How will this differ from SAM? Or should I not be so nosey and just wait until you officially announce the thing? >.<

Realistically the only difference is that you can't use this to unlock achievements. It's sole purpose is to put you "in-game" so that you can idle. With that being said, it's a lot cleaner code than SAM (presumably, since SAM has to do things like message callbacks from Steam, etc) so it should be less error prone.

Backlogger

Wow, lots of people want in on The Last Remnant. Now wins for me. :(

BUT

Corrosivefrost just offered to give me his copy, just like that! That's very awesome of him.

Nice. I'm guessing a lot of people only need that game from that tier from purchasing Hitman packages in previous sales.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha Watch_Dogs is getting a 48mb patch. I wonder if this is fixed or further buggered now? More than likely DLC anyone look in the DB?

Tellaerin

There's no "too easy" -- what's the difference between having a batch file that automates it and having someone open SAM or use the app_id trick? Nothing as far as Valve is concerned... the results are the same. People get their cards and either buy the matching ones from the market or sell them on the market netting Valve and the dev/pub money every transaction.

"Too easy" as in someone being able to go to bed and wake up the following morning with a bunch of new cards in their inventory, idled for with optimum efficiency. (As opposed to idling manually, where you can't always be there to switch to a new game the minute you get the last drop for the one you're idling now, you might not idle non-stop because you want to actually play something in between, etc.)

Don't shoot the messenger, man. I'm just working through the potential implications of this thing.

jshackles

Looks great. What have you planned in aspect of GUI?

That's all, for now. The python application will pass the right parameters to this application which will put you "in-game" until the python application kills it.

Ventara

Nice. I'm guessing a lot of people only need that game from that tier from purchasing Hitman packages in previous sales.

I actually don't have any, except Absolution, which I won from another giveaway, lol. Just not interested in any of them since I probably won't have time to play them.

Hahaha Watch_Dogs is getting a 48mb patch. I wonder if this is fixed or further buggered now? More than likely DLC anyone look in the DB?

From ubi forum :

Hi all,

Recently, we optimized some of the performance issues that were causing some users to experience high amounts of stuttering while playing Watch_Dogs. Instances of stuttering during gameplay should now be reduced, especially when using “High Textures”; however, some players might still experience some stuttering while playing with “Ultra Textures” settings on.

We’ll keep updating you as more fixes for stuttering are currently being worked on.

If you still experience stuttering after the optimization, please let us know in this thread.

Here is a list of other fixes:
• Several fixes to improve NAT type error messages.
• Fix for PCs with multiple network interfaces.
• Fixed an issue at the Poker Table in which the button appeared corrupted after being pulled from the surveillance camera when Aiden is dealing the cards.
• Fixed weapon wheel issue that prevent shotgun selection with mouse.
• Fixed title crashes on loading screen, while Aiden selects to restart last autosave, after previously interacting with the slot machine from Mad Mile.

Thanks,
Nik

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
268x268.resizedimage

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

That looks incredible. Backed so hard.

You do know this is the STEAM thread, right?
And now I own TitS and two extra copies.

You guys better get that Last Remnant. Still the closest thing to a SaGa game we got in the last years (beside japan only SaGa remakes for NDS).

I should play the PC version one of these days...
This is absolutely on my wishlist, I'm waiting for the Winter Sale before getting it though. SaGa-style JRPGs are far too few in number, and apparently in this quality.

Going to wait for Octodad to drop lower. It's appealing, but I have a different money-voting agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom