• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

Midweek madness, continued
  • Octodad 66% off

Recently finished Octodad.

Short, fun, and worth it at a reasonable price, imo. It does things most games don't, it plays well, and it pulls off a nice little story. My only complaint is that it really is very short. My final play time was less than 3 hours to ending cinematics, not 100%. There is some collectable junk to extend playlength if you want to play through twice, but I didn't feel like doing so.

Played it on PSP and it thought it was well... ok, not boring, but not super amazing either... i think lot of folks playing it first time on PC may end being disappointed due to all the hype in here.

Maybe I was a bit tired those days, but I remember I was literally falling asleep while playing the game :p
I kept playing hoping it would get better, and while something actually happens toward the end, gameplay still isn't that good. I also hated how in the final dungeon enemies basically don't have any weakness or resistence to elements. So elemental magic become almost useless.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
21 people on my friends list bought Trails in the Sky in the first 90 minutes...

Must be some kind of new record, mega seller confirmed :p

jx1B4xErfT0j3.PNG

Yeah, I already have Just Cause and TLR (giveaway coming soon), but the addition of Hitman Contracts and Blood Money means I no longer need to hold onto my Hitman Trilogy physical copy. :)

I was gifted it by Man Puncher. Meanwhile, I'm grabbing TitS off of GOG.

You do know this is the STEAM thread, right?

Indeed.

I feel like I'm the only one that has no interest in TiTS, it's just like middle school all over again.

LOL

My big concern is that Valve may feel your script makes it too easy to idle for cards compared to the traditional method. If it catches on (and I'm pretty sure it would), it would potentially lead to a massive influx of new cards entering the system as people begin using it. I just hope they won't lower drop rates across the board to try and stem the tide or something. : /

There's no "too easy" -- what's the difference between having a batch file that automates it and having someone open SAM or use the app_id trick? Nothing as far as Valve is concerned... the results are the same. People get their cards and either buy the matching ones from the market or sell them on the market netting Valve and the dev/pub money every transaction.

Nobody suspected a thing!

Haha!

Humble extras
  • The Last Remnant
  • Just Cause
  • Hitman Contracts
  • Hitman Blood Money

Nice -- I got some games to give away it seems. Will get to it soon.

yuraya

I know most people already had most of the games in this humblebundle. But you gotta admit the value is just insane lol. 20 games for 15 dollars is just fucking ridiculous. Stuff like this is unheard of anywhere outside of PC gaming. This was a great bundle. props to humble and squeenix.

Humble extras
  • The Last Remnant
  • Just Cause
  • Hitman Contracts
  • Hitman Blood Money

You guys better get that Last Remnant. Still the closest thing to a SaGa game we got in the last years (beside japan only SaGa remakes for NDS).

I should play the PC version one of these days...

Jawmuncher

Dayum.
That has to be the best 2nd week games ever on humble. Though kinda wish K&L1 over last remnant just so the pack had both games.

Hugstable

Banned
Humble extras
  • The Last Remnant
  • Just Cause
  • Hitman Contracts
  • Hitman Blood Money

Blaaah I knew I shoulda went in on the BTA tier. Oh well haha.

Also does anyone have experience with support tickets at Blink Bundle? I hope it doesn't take too long and I miss out on Whispering Willows, game actually looks pretty interesting.

Backlogger

oh man humble is just so terri....

....hm. That's actually pretty good.

Pretty good if you don't own the games. I would be all over it. I was able to add a couple titles to my backlog from the $1 tier though, so I didn't skip over this bundle completely.

Edit: actually don't have Last Remnant yet interestingly enough, but I am not going to jump on the BTA price just for one game.

Edit 2: time to enter come giveaways

Jusoni

For those who can't afford TitS, another great jrpg.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jusoni, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-0FFA47E66AC121B4 - Taken by Kirosia. 24 entrants total.

t1406658116z1.png

Here's a giveaway, just 'cause.
ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-2A3D482C4FE1AB11 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 5 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9D3B308E09ED883F - Taken by Sammichu. 16 entrants total.

t1406658117z1.png

EDIT: LOL, our raffles are one second apart.

Salsa

I had trails in the sky on psp and never played it. Now I don't but felt bad about ignoring it. lemme know how that port is

Doomedfool

You guys better get that Last Remnant. Still the closest thing to a SaGa game we go in the last years (beside japan only SaGa remakes for NDS).

I should play the PC version one of these days...

Picked it up during the summer sale, so still not regretting only going with Tier one this time. I'm sure I will get around to playing it some year.

derExperte

Dayum.
That has to be the best 2nd week games ever on humble. Though kinda wish K&L1 over last remnant just so the pack had both games.

Considering the quality the overall sales of the bundle aren't very good imo. Probably due to most of these games already getting steep discounts all the time.

Finally found some time to catch up. So many relatives came.
For those of you that want to track Playfire rewards,
I've been using this http://steam.madjoki.com/playfire for the last couple of days and it is way better than doing tracking rewards manually.
Sign in through steam looks at your games and free to play games that have rewards.
I've been using this for awhile now:
http://steamlessness.appspot.com/
No sign-in required.
Thanks guys so much. Really nice that you share this very helpful stuff.
It is enough to idle the game for 6 minutes to get the played for the first time reward, right?
Humble Bundle Square Enix week... again.
Up to 75% off.
No hitman games, so chances of them being in the bundle, high.
Do you mean as the mystery game? There are only Blood Money and Contracts left, right?
Sleeping Dogs on HB is only base game I guess. So pass. Thief 2 and 3 look enticing but still holding out for getting them cheaper in bundle.
So many Tomb Raider games, wow. I can't figure which are good or new. HB site is not very nice to use. Anniversary, Underworld and Legend seem to be the newer ones. All other look like the very old ones, from the design of Lara.
There are 4 Soul Reaver games? I thought only two exist. So much praise for them but I don't usually play platformers.
Goodmorning GAF, hopefully everyone here is excited for TitS today.
Overnight idling was a great success:
http://i.imgur.com/WhQxAcq.png
I even got two foils
But are you too lazy to start a program before you go to bed and wake up with a boatload of trading cards in your inventory? Because that's what I did last night and it was glorious.
This is very awesome of you to program. Hope you can release it shortly.
Let's see how much I have.
Code:
0 card drops remaining
0 games with drops remaining
20 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 8.45€
That's weird. I do have 103 cards left to idle for. Is approx. worth realistically achievable or much percent of that should one expect?

Levyne

Banned
The Last Remnant is kind of a great compliment to TitS, in a way. At least that's how I see it. Very engaging battle and progression mechanics, not the type of game you'd play if you want to see a great character driven story and amazing dialogue, but what it does have is functional enough. It's adequate to move you from battle to battle, dungeon to dungeon, and there's enough character variety to make organizing your team a pretty fun endeavor even if the characters themselves aren't a whole lot more than a few battle quips and a portrait.

And despite being UE3 it can look pretty great at times. Just remember to force some v-sync.

Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Just Cause -- MB-D4B5B990C9BE6B02 - Taken by cardinalmind
The Last Remnant -- MB-18F725045FA0F1C2 - Taken by Scipius. 14 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-4741D131EFEC5452 - Taken by Kiru. 12 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-A8421AB9C9E2AFE1 - Taken by freshVeggie. 10 entrants total.

t1406658416z1.png

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
-Must love dinosaurs

The last Remnant -- MB-427748E02290C4E1 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 15 entrants total.

t1406658356z1.png

.v.

That is quite a bundle now. Makes up for the flash bundle from yesterday. Went from zero hitman games to 5 in a week. Will I ever actually play them? Who knows.

Only had tlr and jc from the adds but will hold it until after the sale for someone who missed the bundle.

Turfster

Do you mean as the mystery game? There are only Blood Money and Contracts left, right?
Sleeping Dogs on HB is only base game I guess. So pass. Thief 2 and 3 look enticing but still holding out for getting them cheaper in bundle.
So many Tomb Raider games, wow. I can't figure which are good or new. HB site is not very nice to use. Anniversary, Underworld and Legend seem to be the newer ones. All other look like the very old ones, from the design of Lara.

Well, turns out I was right about the mystery games ;)
Anyway, you should get thief 2 and 3, and the "next (read, previous) gen" Tomb Raider trilogy is great too.
The older Tomb Raiders, while still good overall (at least the first 3), are pretty old and have weird tank controls.

Enk

makes good threads.
They finally added the category options to Grid View! I have been desperately wanting this out of Steam for the longest time! :-0

Volcynika

You aren't and I expect some kind of backlash in the near future. Or everyone will just get bored after a few hours and stop playing.

Anyone that buys blindly and complains, it's their own fault. Tons of people here are readily available to describe why they like the game and all its pros and cons.

dani_dc

Bah, Steam still has my old card, guess I'll get locked from the market for a few days.
Going to buy TiTS after I get some sleep.

Blaaah I knew I shoulda went in on the BTA tier. Oh well haha.

Also does anyone have experience with support tickets at Blink Bundle? I hope it doesn't take too long and I miss out on Whispering Willows, game actually looks pretty interesting.
You can increase what you pad on the bundle page to BTA without buying a new bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom