• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255569389

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

I hope all of you are enjoying playing with TiTS today!

Awesome stuff, i've voted!

kami_sama

OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->
268x268.resizedimage

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

I loved the trailer! I'm in for the 10$ tier!

StAidan

[image snipped]

Wow, that's a heck of a trailer. I went ahead and upvoted it, hopefully they can see the project through to completion. I'd like to play it.

It looks great but 'Estimated delivery: Dec 2016' is so far away. Will that really be enough money for that amount of work/time?

Yeah, that's what I was concerned about. Not to mention Parts 2 & 3 are stretch goals.

Not as good as Just Cause 2, but still pretty good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-E2B9BF5F75D6680F - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.

t1406659976z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Contracts -- MB-62855194ED8025CB - Taken by Troubled Bat. 18 entrants total.

t1406660156z1.png

268x268.resizedimage

I can't access those particular links at work; would you mind linking the KS, or mentioning the game's name so I can look it up?

Ventara

Seriously, what's with the hate LoH: TitS is getting from some random people? Is it because they're just trying to go against the flow? It's a great game with wonderful world/story to tell, which a lot of people are excited for. Nobody is claiming it's the JRPG to end all JRPGs.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pajama Sam In No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-688ECD4C57D5041E - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E2B631F72693A8BE - Taken by Interfectum. 9 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-8A407E6D05C6E9D1 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 15 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-5227ED1E446B651B - Taken by ev0. 37 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 1 The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-61796358A78F3A36 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-16A4B9C4BFF8791E - Taken by Pop. 17 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-40B7D5DF51C9B4BA - Taken by Teppic. 9 entrants total.
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CAEE0A7231DBA51B - Taken by Tesseract. 27 entrants total.
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-17AE2A710411E470 - Taken by YianGaruga. 6 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-82219FA6041A56B7 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-BE3BA9C20F6B5080 - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 7 entrants total.
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-B3B60076D6DA41E0 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-70F5CF57E07D9D86 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-E879F2DC446D51D5 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-0627B8372F0D5952 - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-A8B778316BF53919 - Taken by diablogod. 7 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-92FF4A7037A3B7C6 - Taken by Whelan. 8 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-345F30D9C6DDBBC5 - Taken by MSMrRound. 16 entrants total.

Hitman Blood Money -- MB-23517456BEB8D4EC - Taken by SaveFerris. 18 entrants total.

t1406745596z1.png

Back from ban. Here are some games.

These should all work. Sorry if they don't.

"Too easy" as in someone being able to go to bed and wake up the following morning with a bunch of new cards in their inventory, idled for with optimum efficiency. (As opposed to idling manually, where you can't always be there to switch to a new game the minute you get the last drop for the one you're idling now, you might not idle non-stop because you want to actually play something in between, etc.)

Don't shoot the messenger, man. I'm just working through the potential implications of this thing.

I generally will set every game I own that has drops available to idle when I go to sleep using SAM or the appID trick. When I wake up in the morning, they generally all have finished (or a large portion has) and I just clean up and close/reopen the games that still have drops.

Last night I left Concursion, Verdun, and Shank 2 idling.
6 hours later, I had all the cards from Shank 2 and Concursion that remained and I just closed all of them out and restarted Verdun. I was back to 0 until I was gifted Tits and WW was added to the blink bundle.

*high-five*

Back from ban. Here are some games.

These should all work. Sorry if they don't.

Welcome back -- there was someone in here gunning for a copy of Guacamelee, so hopefully he sees this and wins! Hope your time away from the glory of SteamGAF wasn't too painful!

Enco

Would you guys pay for a monthly Steam subscription?

If it gave similar things to PS+ like two free games a month?

The EA thread got me thinking. Would be interesting but we would probably end up getting some crappy indie games.

Kuroyume

Banned

The EA thread got me thinking. Would be interesting but we would probably end up getting some crappy indie games.

No. Why pay for a subscription when I can own all the games for like $10 after a sale.

Nabs

Nah, I'm cool with free Family Sharing.

fuck that. I'd rather pay per game I won't play instead of paying a 'service' to give me some shitty games I won't play.

Volcynika

That's nonsensical for so many reasons. Not everyone has the same hardware.

Ventara

No, because with Steam sales, I could probably buy those two games for less. Or if not that, I can at least choose the two games I want for almost the same.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
with all the sales and bundles I really don't see a paid subscription game rental service being liable at all on this platform

Speevy

Banned
Seriously, what's with the hate LoH: TitS is getting from some random people? Is it because they're just trying to go against the flow? It's a great game with wonderful world/story to tell, which a lot of people are excited for. Nobody is claiming it's the JRPG to end all JRPGs.

I'm glad to have the opportunity to play it, but I think you'll agree that they should have released a more stable game.

Thankfully they're working on it.

Vuze

Dunno if this would make sense on PC at all. I don't think I would.

Dr Dogg

From ubi forum :

Ah cheers chaps. Well it's still a fustercluck with Ultra textures but turning them down to High is about the same level of performance before the first patch so it's at least vaguely playable. SLI is still fucked for me and gives worse performance than forcing a single card. If this has taken just over a month then I hate to think about the issues this frankesteined engine has. Yep not touching Unity until I've heard some user reports.

It looks great but 'Estimated delivery: Dec 2016' is so far away. Will that really be enough money for that amount of work/time?

Someone asked that very question to the dev. Here is his exact response: "Great questions! I'd rather be cautious about the deliver date instead of being late. If we have the game ready before that date, we will absolutely ship it. Believe me, I want this game to get into your hands as soon as possible! I've just seen too many Kickstarter's promise a delivery date they could not keep. Also, depending on how much support there is, we are making between one and three Appisodes worth of content. So the actual production time is shorter for one Appisode, and longer for 3x the content. Lastly, about the team - not everyone is working on the project at the same time or for the duration of the project. Most have or will contribute for smaller periods of time with just a few people core people staying on for the duration of the project. Hope that answers your questions!"

Ventara

I'm glad to have the opportunity to play it, but I think you'll agree that they should have released a more stable game.

Thankfully they're working on it.

Ah, yeah, that one sucks. Hopefully they fix it soon. But even before it released, I saw some detractors for it.

MRORANGE

probably not, I wasn't happy with PS+, also PC games are dirt cheap, you would need to offer wolfenstien of the next COD to get people on board which isn't going to happen.

derExperte

I'd need to know what I'll get before saying yes or no. I'm fine with the value PS+ has given me the past two years but my gaming/purchasing habits are very different when it comes to consoles.

Ah cheers chaps. Well it's still a fustercluck with Ultra textures but turning them down to High is about the same level of performance before the first patch so it's at least vaguely playable. SLI is still fucked for me and gives worse performance than forcing a single card. If this has taken just over a month then I hate to think about the issues this frankesteined engine has. Yep not touching Unity until I've heard some user reports.

People over there say the patch helped noticeably, I'll try it later. Also new Nvidia drivers were released today.

Someone asked that very question to the dev. Here is his exact response: "Great questions! I'd rather be cautious about the deliver date instead of being late. If we have the game ready before that date, we will absolutely ship it. Believe me, I want this game to get into your hands as soon as possible! I've just seen too many Kickstarter's promise a delivery date they could not keep. Also, depending on how much support there is, we are making between one and three Appisodes worth of content. So the actual production time is shorter for one Appisode, and longer for 3x the content. Lastly, about the team - not everyone is working on the project at the same time or for the duration of the project. Most have or will contribute for smaller periods of time with just a few people core people staying on for the duration of the project. Hope that answers your questions!"

hmmmm

You guys better get that Last Remnant. Still the closest thing to a SaGa game we got in the last years (beside japan only SaGa remakes for NDS).

I should play the PC version one of these days...
You forgot to add "unless you're using an ATI card, then The Last Remnant is flat-out broken." Square-Enix never did fix it.

GaussTek

Great success

xobEaus.png

Easy and to the point.

I know it could be a big hassle, but would be cool an option to exclude certain games (the ones I plan to play lol). Or, perhaps just a way to edit a .ini file or something to add the ones you don't want to drop cards? Either way, looking forward to it, thanks and keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom