• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Has anyone managed to get Lost Planet 3 multiplayer to work after the Steamworks patch? Keeps crashing to desktop after it says its found a game.

Probably not even worth playing, but it's just bizarre that they went through the effort of patching out Gamespy it if it's broken anyway.

I had it working just fine but no one plays it.
I think its crashing because you finding a game is really you hosting and your PC settings perhaps don't like that or a firewall or something.

-------

Think I'm going to wait on tits until it gets patched. I can't figure out how to get past this hang.

Ruruja

since im sure nobody but me cares, I guess Ill be your resident Firefall correspondant.

First impression: you cant leave the tutorial area lol. I can only assume the instance servers are borked from the launch, because shortly after running around a bit and choosing your class, you are supposed to get on a spaceship, game goes "mission launching in 5,4,3,2,1..." and then nothing happens, until eventually you get booted off and have to restart.

As a veteran mmo player, this doesnt surprise me in the least, but I can already imagine the crying in the forums.

From the very little I played (seriously, the whole thing up to class selection takes like 1 min), movement feels nice, love the jetpack, weapons look funky and varied between classes, and theres more classes than I expected. Im still excited to play this... when they let me :p

I might give it a go.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It feels like its been years since they announced this game. I feel like its been at every PAX since i started going 3 years ago. I mean, good they finally got it done and out of beta, but it never managed to hook me.

the game will be shat on from the start (and ignored) because its been so long coming, from what I seen recently in videos, it looks right up my alley so Ill judge it for what it is, not for how long it took. Or for whatever server issues it has now, which, again, im used to with mmos.

But hey, I liked Defiance, and this seems similar so /shrug. Ill report on it, not expecting to change any minds lol

Tellaerin

i feel salty all of a sudden.

curse you, Disney! cancelled a perfectly fine show.

IMO, Uprising was the best thing to ever come from that franchise. Amazing visuals, sharp writing, really good voice cast. In a perfect world, we'd've gotten a second season, maybe even a good tie-in game. Would've loved to have seen what a developer like Platinum would've done with it - doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, considering they're working on that Legend of Korra game now. Yeah, kind of a bummer to think about what could've been. GG, Disney. -_-

Hugstable

Banned
Apparently not, there was a thread the other day about a guy who let his subscription lapse for 48 hours. Lost all of his games.

That just seemed strange though as I have let my PS+ lapse for about a year when I finally reactivated it last September, all my games were still there from before. Unless they changed something recently, that was a very strange case indeed.

Sky Chief

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-144A55861A8B7288 - Taken by Kifimbo. 9 entrants total.

t1406662136z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ok, so you are making an .exe, which after starting (and having steam opened and logged in) automatically starts farming for cards, without the need for further interaction? That's why a GUIis not needed? Sounds fool-proof.

Yep, that's the gist of it. The program will look on the badge progress page to see if there are any card drops remaining. When all of the cards have dropped for a particular game, the program will automatically move on to the next one.

Double

It's not 4x. It's a 2D spacey 'trade-em-up', buy resources at one planet, fly to another & sell at a profit. In between, there's top down space battles with pirates & aliens. Ship upgrades to buy, missions to go on & stuff. Think Elite, but top down.

And it's got weird text missions & RTS missions you can ignore if want me. I love the original & just bought the HD version today.
That sounds like Sid Meiers Pirates in space!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have been neglecting my pc due to my new Wii U :(

Grief.exe

the game will be shat on from the start (and ignored) because its been so long coming, from what I seen recently in videos, it looks right up my alley so Ill judge it for what it is, not for how long it took. Or for whatever server issues it has now, which, again, im used to with mmos.

But hey, I liked Defiance, and this seems similar so /shrug. Ill report on it, not expecting to change any minds lol

I'm planning in giving the game a shot when I have a chance.

Haha I know, I was gonna mention it as an exception. I think that shouldn't happen normally.

That just seemed strange though as I have let my PS+ lapse for about a year when I finally reactivated it last September, all my games were still there from before. Unless they changed something recently, that was a very strange case indeed.

I've never seen too much value in the service, so I haven't looked into it too much. Just based that impression off that thread.

Hey, i know plenty of people who shit on Marvel Heroes, and you and i stand tall in arms for that, so i do take your opinions on MMO-based games a bit seriously. It has been 2 years since i tried it.

wilflare

Yep, that's the gist of it. The program will look on the badge progress page to see if there are any card drops remaining. When all of the cards have dropped for a particular game, the program will automatically move on to the next one.

this sounds really good! can't wait :O

Double

I played the tutorial with my mate some months ago and it was really forgettable. Guess this doesn't necessarily mean too much though, yeah.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OK guys, for the first time ever I have backed a game on kickstarter. I know this news now has earth shattering relevancy to your lives. Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out on Steam Greenlight. Find it here ->
268x268.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255569389

Please vote for it if you think it looks good enough. Additionally, the $10 reward tier is open until twelve midnight est today (comes with drm free and Steam copy if greenlit). I am in NO way affiliated with this game or its creators, I just think it looks all kinds of awesome. The guy heading it up also successfully kickstarted a short film. You can watch it here : http://mografi.com/fathoms/.

I hope all of you are enjoying playing with TiTS today!
Voted!

Mario Kart 8 is legit man.
It is awesome. I completed Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD since I got the system.

I was too with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Then I got Divinity: Original Sin and now the Wii U is being neglected.
I was playing Metal Gear R and South Park. I'll get back to them soon. Divinity looks great.

So, if I win a game to redeem, do I have a certain time limit on it before I can't redeem it? D: Just wondering because my internet is off right now, and my phone is too stupid to work properly. :c

yuraya

That EA stuff is good value if you're one of those people who doesn't buy new games. Or even if you do. Why buy a broken unstable BF4 at launch for $60 when you can get it for $5 six months later and its playable (lol). They just need to do more for the vault and they def need to do it for Origin to bring life to it. Origin has a lot of games that vault concept would work better than on xbox one.

So, if I win a game to redeem, do I have a certain time limit on it before I can't redeem it? D: Just wondering because my internet is off right now, and my phone is too stupid to work properly. :c

From Modbot? You've got all the time in the world (unless you take days and the giver notices that you haven't redeemed it yet, forming a grudge :p).

I don't think you can redeem games through your phone anyways.

Ventara

No. But the giver still has access to the keys he's given away, so he can still claim it or give it away again if he's feeling mean, or if it hasn't been claimed for a long while.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey, i know plenty of people who shit on Marvel Heroes, and you and i stand tall in arms for that, so i do take your opinions on MMO-based games a bit seriously. It has been 2 years since i tried it.

well I think public perception of Marvel is different these days, but your point stands. Anyway, instance servers are deffinately borked, tutorial just restarts when you get to the instance launcher. Oh mmo launches, why u so buggy everytime

guess ill try again tomorow

From Modbot? You've got all the time in the world (unless you take days and the giver notices that you haven't redeemed it yet, forming a grudge :p).

You have a limited amount of time before the DetectiveGAF gets you. This guys situation doesn't sound like a problem though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-D0D9B8101D3D10BF - Taken by Dice. 109 entrants total.

t1406665796z1.png

No. But the giver still has access to the keys he's given away, so he can still claim it or give it away again if he's feeling mean, or if it hasn't been claimed for a long while.

Oh, okay. Thanks guys! I really hope my internet comes back soon. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom