• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

First one to quote this post with a picture of Rik Mayall gets a free copy of The Last Remnant (Steam/Humble Bundle).
Who even is that?

d27a304b-c315-414c-9345-7a1d9ce34432-460x276.jpeg

So, if I win a game to redeem, do I have a certain time limit on it before I can't redeem it? D: Just wondering because my internet is off right now, and my phone is too stupid to work properly. :c

As long as it shows up on your account eventually, DetectiveGAF will not come for you, y'know, considering your circumstances.

But now you have my attention... so you should redeem that humble bundle copy of Hitman Contracts sooner rather than later. :p

Been playing One Finger Death Punch for the past couple days, damn that game is fun. Time for me to see if The Bureau is worth the $1 I spent.

Parsnip

Bumble Rumble extras.
And for good measure, I plopped in two unused keys (according to modbot) for the Brazen Prototype.

Brazen was Brad Muir's (of Double Fine) game that they made during one of their Amnesia Fortnight thingies. They later polished it up a bunch and attempted to pitch it to publishers. I think it's the game Brad was pitching for a year before the Massive Chalice KS. Anyway, it was in some of their Amnesia Fortnight bundles, and had 4 keys for the co-op, so I still have some of these extra keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Brazen Prototype 1 -- MB-54FD0A57E762ED82 - Taken by nja
The Last Remnant -- MB-A239014776DAF373 - Taken by Andrefpvs
Brazen Prototype 2 -- MB-EC380B733F2AAA7C - Taken by Evrain
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-4374B6AEF844CB07 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Brazen Prototype 1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Brazen Prototype 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if you want your Selkham Defense key from indieroyale debut 12, you need to email meridian support at support@meridian4.com with proof of purchase (I sent a picture of the bundle page, hopefully thats enough as I dont keep bundle emails)

glaurung

Yay! Thank you very much.

I just wikipedia'd him. I just know Drop Dead Fread from a Nostalgia Critic and this is not a really good impression of him.
You're welcome. Drop Dead Fred is a vile turd of a movie.

If you want to see Rik at his best, try Bottom.

Yep, that's the gist of it. The program will look on the badge progress page to see if there are any card drops remaining. When all of the cards have dropped for a particular game, the program will automatically move on to the next one.

Are you doing something similar to the appid.txt method of spoofing?

Generally speaking, if this were to catch on, I would feel a lot more secure using a program that does the appid spoofing, as you can always argue that it's Valve's problem if they start handing out bans. You aren't doing anything outside the system, so to speak, you're legitimately running a game (say TF2, since it's free) and it's just reporting a different AppID that you fill into the steam_appid.txt before launching it.

Otherwise, if you're manipulating their API in some way, it could just end up like the Drunken F00l idling fiasco.

As long as it shows up on your account eventually, DetectiveGAF will not come for you, y'know, considering your circumstances.

But now you have my attention... so you should redeem that humble bundle copy of Hitman Contracts sooner rather than later. :p

I was wondering who to thank! ModBot didn't provide me a name. Thanks for your kind offering! Greatly appreciated, even if i'm having troubles. D: I'm trying my best get it sooner. >.<

Chariot

2 hours into TiTS I think I have a good understanding of the basic mechanics. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Combat and characters are interesting. The tutorial is really long and they info dump a lot right at the beginning.

So far I'm enjoying it. I'll probably play a bit more later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom