• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIVEAWAY!

The first person to quote this post with a GIF of me gets a PM with Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ in it.
tumblr_mdfsi7APCM1qasthro1_r1_500.gif

I have been neglecting my pc due to my new Wii U :(

I would recommend you to try out Monster hunter 3 ultimate if you haven't done so already; I played the original on Wii and clocked over 100 hours - there is still a lot of missions to play - that game is so addicting and rewarding although it takes some dedication to get into it.

Besides Mario kart 8, Mario world, W101, Pikmin 3, Smash and Bayonetta 2 are enough to justify your purchase, hopefully I plan to buy one myself some day in the future.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are you doing something similar to the appid.txt method of spoofing?

Generally speaking, if this were to catch on, I would feel a lot more secure using a program that does the appid spoofing, as you can always argue that it's Valve's problem if they start handing out bans. You aren't doing anything outside the system, so to speak, you're legitimately running a game (say TF2, since it's free) and it's just reporting a different AppID that you fill into the steam_appid.txt before launching it.

Otherwise, if you're manipulating their API in some way, it could just end up like the Drunken F00l idling fiasco.

This application uses Windows hooks to send a message to the Steam application essentially saying that you're "in-game". It's functionally no different than how SAM works. If that concerns you, you'll probably want to steer clear.

I was wondering who to thank! ModBot didn't provide me a name. Thanks for your kind offering! Greatly appreciated, even if i'm having troubles. D: I'm trying my best get it sooner. >.<

Hey now, my name is corrosivefrost, not anonymous. :p

it isn't too hard to find, I am not joking.....

Your newly found generous demeanor does not sync up with the same person who was playing speedrunners with dunder and I the other day... :X

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sheeeeeit, it can -- Whispering Willows was just added to the newest Blink Bundle.

Already? Damn, I didn't expect it to be bundled this soon. Will buy.

If TitS sells well/amazing, we're bound to get more awesome games from the genre (Shin Megami Tensei ones would be lovely).

This. This, this, this.

Everyone needs to buy Trails so we can get more JRPGs on Steam. Mainly SMT.

I really hope the game sold well for the devs, even more so after reading this.

Would you guys pay for a monthly Steam subscription?

If it gave similar things to PS+ like two free games a month?

The EA thread got me thinking. Would be interesting but we would probably end up getting some crappy indie games.

Only two?

I'll pass on that for more bundles :p

Well this gif spam isn't my fault for once so no blaming it on the Waifus!

I wonder if there will be any "thread is doomed/man that last page was cringeworthy" posts this time or not.

Corpekata

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

QuestRun -- MB-231F05989848C41E - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.

t1406628055z1.png

No one, shockingly, took this in the middle of the night last night so maybe one of the daywalker will take a peek.

tav7623

Decided to try to squeeze in one last giveaway before this thread is closed and replaced by the August Steam thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tav7623, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman Contracts -- MB-F3C99C6C9CB733CB - Taken by Lomax
Just Cause -- MB-E1DF118CC4D143B9 - Taken by GrinningColossus

Yep, that's the gist of it. The program will look on the badge progress page to see if there are any card drops remaining. When all of the cards have dropped for a particular game, the program will automatically move on to the next one.
You are doing mighty good work, greatly appreciated even if most talk is about TitS or sth else. You should know.
PS+ is such a genius move by Sony. Not only are people willingly giving Sony money every month, but now they are tied into the ecosystem.
If Sony ever changes policy, produces a system with a poor value proposition, or stops producing worthwhile games, an individual is less likely to make the switch. If they stop paying for PS+ those games are gone forever.
Almost as in genuine as Valve making people prefer buying games with DRM when they are often available without it at the same time for the same price. Or hiring psychologists to find ways to make their users throw their cash at them, by exploiting psychological behaviors, e.g. summer adventure challenges/cards/foils/hats etc and people loving it.. Or making their users evidently not be interested to buy games outside of their ecosystem (and profit) e.g Desura, non-Steamworks.
I like Steam. It has serious value. But let's not kid ourselves. They basically built a monopoly by incorporating DRM. Almost everyone has to split with Valve, if they want to be successful.
Sony/MS/Nintendo do what is acceptable since the birth of modern consoles: Having complete control over their ecosystem. In fact, they add more value on top with PS+/GWG, CrossBuy. Did they do something shitty with paid MP? Yes, of course. But one should be able to see the difference: One changed a lot for the better, on top of system-wide DRM, while the other added system-wide, monopolistic DRM when it wasn't that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom