• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

If you have VGMStream plugin either for Winamp or Foobar, you can also do a 'ren *.ogg *.logg' command (copy them to a non-Steam directory before that, obviously) and have the files play with looping preserved.

Cheers I'll go have a look-see. It's been a while since I've altered my (hideous looking) Foobar setup.

What are the Hitman game rankings? I know Blood Money is on the top of the list, but how does rest of the series break down?

Well for me it's Blood Money as the one that everyone should at least try, Contracts/Silent Assassin if you liked Blood Money, Absolution if you liked Kane & Lynch and if you liked all of them go for Agent 47 and realise time has not been kind on the old girl. Realistically though you should play Silent Assassin and Blood Money as a minimum if you want a good impression of what the series does like no other. Contracts has some great moments (espeically the Meat King's Party which is verging on cereal at times) but is a little on the short side in comparison to the others. I don't mind Absolution (I mean I've finished it twice) but as a stealth game it's sadly lacking in the freedom of Blood Money in all but a handful of it's missions.

Blood Money has my some of my favourite Hitman missions, Murder of the Crows, Death on the Mississippi and possibly my favourite You Better Watch Out... because how bonkers it is and the various was you can complete it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yaiba is cool (runs great too) but all its doing is reminding me all these crazy japanese games like Shadows of the Damned or Lollypop Chainsaw arent on PC :(

Double

I still do that all the time -- fling a wrong the wrong way and have it bounce off a wall or something, catch me in the head, take 1 heart and cause me to fall backwards into an arrow trap for another 2 damage... >_<
Classic :)
Yeah you can only try to minimize the casualties as much.

Best time was when I needed the shotgun for Tunnelman, so much beef with the shop keeper family. Endless count of twins I swear.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What does it mean to be throttled exactly?
I entered for a giveaway and didn't win it. No one else won either. Then, later, someone else came along and won. Why didn't I win?
... Finally, ModBot has a "throttle" that prevents you from winning games back to back to back to back. You need to wait a little while between wins. The throttle starts around 15 minutes between wins, and ramps up based on the number of wins you've had in the last week. This means that if you just won something, you will need to wait a minimum of 15 minutes to win again. If you reply in-thread a ModBot administrator can check the logs and follow up to see if you were throttled, but a better policy would be for you to not be a jerk and recognize that if you've already won a half-dozen games this week, maybe it's okay to let someone else have a shot. Please do not send requests to inquire whether you are throttled; police yourself by choosing not to win dozens of games a week. Be a nice person.​

Jawmuncher

Yaiba is cool (run great too) but all its doing is reminding me all these crazy japanese games like Shadows of the Damned or Lollypop Chainsaw arent on PC :(

Talking to JaseC seems there's no reason either game isn't on PC. Grasshopper own SOTD and the game is UE3. Then Lollipop chainsaw was under WB and sold quite well.

That's why I was amazed to see Killer is Dead pop up on steam.

Some highlights from the race yesterday.

Bird droppings in the hole!

Boom goes the dynamite

Hey, did you see that thing down there?

Wait, can't leave that block

You shall not pass!

Let's have another competition, this time I'll priority those I've never played against before.
Winner gets free game, blabla, you know the drill.

#1: DunderHassan
#2: Ozium
#3: Easton Dark
#4: YianGaruga

t1406672100z0.png

Tizoc

Yaiba is cool (runs great too) but all its doing is reminding me all these crazy japanese games like Shadows of the Damned or Lollypop Chainsaw arent on PC :(

lol, now you reminded me, those 2 being Suda51 games would so benefit from a Steam release.

Wonder how Falcom Japan are feeling about the good sales of TiTS 1 atm...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Talking to JaseC seems there's no reason either game isn't on PC. Grasshopper own SOTD and the game is UE3. Then Lollipop chainsaw was under WB and sold quite well.

That's why I was amazed to see Killer is Dead pop up on steam.

was just talking to frost about this, KiD was another one I was bummed wasnt on PC...until it was. Would love to have the rest :/

Hugstable

Banned

Oh man Shadows of the Damned was pretty great! I never played Lollipop Chainsaw though, everything I heard about the game for awhile was pretty negative. I would love to have a Shadows of the Damned port though. At least we got Killer is Dead (Is it any good) on Steam from Grasshopper/Suda so who knows, maybe it could happen someday. Wasn't SoTD EA published?

Jawmuncher

well it's early here so if i was like hearing people talking about tits at like 10 am in the morning that'd be kinda weird too

well you didn't see the skin :I

Says skin is awesome doesn't want to show it.
Is it a people suit or something?

Oh man Shadows of the Damned was pretty great! I never played Lollipop Chainsaw though, everything I heard about the game for awhile was pretty negative. I would love to have a Shadows of the Damned port though. At least we got Killer is Dead (Is it any good) on Steam from Grasshopper/Suda so who knows, maybe it could happen someday. Wasn't SoTD EA published?

LC isn't bad in terms of how outrageous and over the top it can be. But unlike platinum games that have that along with gameplay. LP kinda fails in the gameplay regard. Still not a bad romp though because of everything else. Killer is dead sure frost has a write up in one of the threads . SOTD was published through partners which means they helped get it on consoles and the sort and that was it. Their might have been some sort of contracts limiting PC at first but those should be up by now

Hugstable

Banned

Tizoc

You're talking yourself out of buying a video game so you can afford to buy an extra costume for a single character in another video game?

Waifus are serious business mang.

Here's the thing about Suda51 games: They're not as bad as people say they are, or the reviews claim.

Dr Dogg

You guys should set up a Speed Runners league of sorts. There's enough people interested to make it a pretty good competition. Maybe even have a massive tourney!

One of the greatest maps of all time, not just Hitman maps either.

It's quite funny that open ended, multi-tiered maps like that are in stark contrast to the funnelled and corridor stitched levels of Absolution. I feel that Hitman before Absolution was designed as a series of contracts and then had a shambles of a story to hold it all together (yeah because that really works when Agent 47 is globetrotting at the rate he does) where as the reverse is true for Absolution where the story is set out first and then some levels are built to prop it up.

jesus fucking christ ... I swear to god - they must've mapped the controller buttons in TitS by throwing darts at a huge board ..... LITERALLY NO button mapping makes sense in this game .... "B" to confirm selection? "X" to cancel? BACK and START to ... rotate the freaking camera!!!! WTF??? O_O

Yeah they're all pulling their assignments from what a 360 pad would be under direct input so they are a little screwy. That and to get the dpad working you need to use an outside utility. I've been play keyboard and mouse and despite being a lefty got thrown off by having right click to confirm as default. Saves me faffing is suppose :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
jesus fucking christ ... I swear to god - they must've mapped the controller buttons in TitS by throwing darts at a huge board ..... LITERALLY NO button mapping makes sense in this game .... "B" to confirm selection? "X" to cancel? BACK and START to ... rotate the freaking camera!!!! WTF??? O_O

Rhaknar

again no groupees tuesday bundle. in fact groupees has been quite bad lately, whats up with that

Hugstable

Banned
Waifus are serious business mang.

Here's the thing about Suda51 games: They're not as bad as people say they are, or the reviews claim.

I usually know they aren't. I loved SoTD, Killer 7, Liberation Maiden. I don't know why I never played Lollipop Chainsaw but I never got around to it. Killer is Dead I plan to pick up sometime, but I ended up with some many new character action games already just from the summer seal :D

Says skin is awesome doesn't want to show it.
Is it a people suit or something?

LC isn't bad in terms of how outrageous and over the top it can be. But unlike platinum games that have that along with gameplay. LP kinda fails in the gameplay regard. Still not a bad romp though because of everything else. Killer is dead sure frost has a write up in one of the threads . SOTD was published through partners which means they helped get it on consoles and the sort and that was it. Their might have been some sort of contracts limiting PC at first but those should be up by now

Yeah that would be awesome if they manage to get SOTD port going.

Maybe they mapped it to a dual shock controller?

I don't own one.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Maybe they mapped it to a dual shock controller?

I don't own one.

I seriously doubt that ... it would still be circle to confirming selection, square for cancel and select and start to rotate the camera .... that just makes NO sense :/

Hugstable

Banned
again no groupees tuesday bundle. in fact groupees has been quite bad lately, whats up with that

Yeah that last bundle didn't seem all that great and was like 6$. Really liked that Blink Bundle that came up recently though, a few of the games I tried out from there were pretty fun. Whispering WIllows is pretty neat also, and cool of them to bundle a game that is still 15$.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Argh... I bought a game on Humble just now and wanted the key to gift with modbot. However, my steam account appeared to be linked and the game was automatically added to it. If I unlink my account, will I be getting keys again like I want to?

Argh... I bought a game on Humble just now and wanted the key to gift with modbot. However, my steam account appeared to be linked and the game was automatically added to it. If I unlink my account, will I be getting keys again like I want to?

Different buttons, you want the button to the right of the key box which looks like a little present.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Did you click the
35608a74b56769b8a266385960f888e2b28a6ecc.png
button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom