• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

What are the GAF:s opinion now on Kill The Bad Guy that it's been in the Humble Bundle for a week?
Worth it despite if you have all the other games.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey guys, don't know if y'all are aware of this or not (or are even interested/care), but the Humble Store has marked 75% off a number of Square Enix games for this week only.

Some of the games include:
Murdered: Soul Suspect - $15
Theif (2014) - $10
Final Fantasy VII - $6
Final Fantasy VIII - $6
Final Fantasy III - $8
Tomb Raider (2013) Goty Edition - $8 (standard edition is $5 and the DLC bundle is also $5)
Sleeping Dogs - $5
Dungeon Seige III - $4
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.24

Lame everything seems to be discounted except the Deus Ex HR: DC and DX The Fall. Didn't really want to jump in on the bundle for 14$ more when those are the only 2 games I need from it, hoping to get DX: HR DC on sale for 5 and the Fall for 2.50 or so, weird of them to discount everything except Deus Ex.

Is Risen 3 region locked? There's a severe lack of ppl selling it on tf2outpost so I don't know if I'm safe with the ROW. Is this the one? http://steamdb.info/sub/46403/ Because that one aint locked lol

Well, there's a lack of them, as I understand it, for 2 or more reasons:

(1) Depending on the game and it's popularity, sometimes sellers just don't stock it... if they don't think there's money to be made by doing it, as it might be more of a niche title, you won't see many of them, if any. So super popular games like Transistor, DR3, Witcher 3, etc. are all over the place, but try to find something that's not a mid-week/daily/whatever? Yeah, good luck.

(2) At some point, something happened to Risen 3 and Sacred 3. One had the preorder page removed (and was locked) and the other was just locked -- at least this is what one of my friends who deals with Russians told me. So, if a trader stocked copies before this happened, odds are they increased the price to make more money. I had a bitch of a time getting Risen 3 and Sacred 3 and I happened to take the last copy of each that liezryou had in stock. Apparently Lord Rhaknar was musing a purchase of them, but did not do so before I expressed interest and paid. :p

MayMay

Banned
yes, and Sacred 3

I read a few days ago in here that it got locked.
EDIT: See? No Russia in the Link you posted.

._. damn.

I bought a ROW copy for 18 keys from a Dispenser.tf shop a few days ago. Have a look on there.

Alright, guess I'll be looking for that then. Thanks

Well, there's a lack of them, as I understand it, for 2 or more reasons:

(1) Depending on the game and it's popularity, sometimes sellers just don't stock it... if they don't think there's money to be made by doing it, as it might be more of a niche title, you won't see many of them, if any. So super popular games like Transistor, DR3, Witcher 3, etc. are all over the place, but try to find something that's not a mid-week/daily/whatever? Yeah, good luck.

(2) At some point, something happened to Risen 3 and Sacred 3. One had the preorder page removed (and was locked) and the other was just locked -- at least this is what one of my friends who deals with Russians told me. So, if a trader stocked copies before this happened, odds are they increased the price to make more money. I had a bitch of a time getting Risen 3 and Sacred 3 and I happened to take the last copy of each that liezryou had in stock. Apparently Lord Rhaknar was musing a purchase of them, but did not do so before I expressed interest and paid. :p

Hmm.. yeah, I thought 1) was the case. The second point is very interesting though. Oh well, I'll just bite the bullet and get a more expensive copy lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RPS says this about Crypt of the Necrodancer:

"Crypt of the Necrodancer is out on Early Access now, and to be honest I suspect it could have gotten away with being a full release (albeit with content patches to follow). It’s in good, sturdy shape, it’s slick and it lives up to its sky-high concept. I like it a lot. I like it enough that I’m going to do a self-shaming follow-up piece about playing it with a dance mat very soon."

the bolded is very important to me, interest rising

Damn... now I need the new version of Idle Master. It was working perfectly. Now it's saying it successfully idled all of my cards but I still have card drops available.

Damn... now I need the new version of Idle Master. It was working perfectly. Now it's saying it successfully idled all of my cards but I still have card drops available.

can someone shop JShacks head into this gif...

302186i1E63BFB63F8E6791

Aaron D.

Man, the big ETS2 1.11 update is so golden. It feels like they threw a fresh coat of varnish over the whole thing. 5 Minutes in and I immediately noticed improvement from top to bottom, both cosmetically and under the hood.

Beyond even the big additions (new cities, internet radio overhaul, seat adjust), it's the tiny little things like the ever so slight remix of the menu music, subtle but enough to notice, that really make me happy to be an SCS Software fan and supporter.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, don't know if y'all are aware of this or not (or are even interested/care), but the Humble Store has marked 75% off a number of Square Enix games for this week only.

Some of the games include:
Murdered: Soul Suspect - $15
Theif (2014) - $10
Final Fantasy VII - $6
Final Fantasy VIII - $6
Final Fantasy III - $8
Tomb Raider (2013) Goty Edition - $8 (standard edition is $5 and the DLC bundle is also $5)
Sleeping Dogs - $5
Dungeon Seige III - $4
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.24

Oh, Sleeping dogs. One of my favorite games from the last couple of years. Sad to see that Murdered is discounted so heavily so soon after release, it must really have bombed.

How was HuniePop able to afford to render women?

The power of ecchi fans. I am not going to link to the images.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's possible that if you log off of Steam in your browser, their servers will kill your session data. Try making sure you're logged in to the browser and then check to see if the cookie data in your browser matches what's in your settings.txt file. If it's different, copy the new values from your browser into the settings file and try again. Hope this helps.

can someone shop JShacks head into this gif...

I am soo not worthy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
struggling to resist buying one of those ArcheAge packs just to play this 5 day beta event, which I probably wont even have that much time to play >_> whats wrong with me

It's possible that if you log off of Steam in your browser, their servers will kill your session data. Try making sure you're logged in to the browser and then check to see if the cookie data in your browser matches what's in your settings.txt file. If it's different, copy the new values from your browser into the settings file and try again. Hope this helps.

I am soo not worthy

Got it. I'll try that, thanks.

MayMay

Banned
Dispenser.tf is soo annoying right now. I can browse the website just fine, I log in - Server error 500. I can browse it when I'm not logged in but as soon as I log in I can't. I'm also not the only person, apparently. Damn it. -.-'

Dispenser.tf is soo annoying right now. I can browse the website just fine, I log in - Server error 500. I can browse it when I'm not logged in but as soon as I log in I can't. I'm also not the only person, apparently. Damn it. -.-'

Hmm... I'm currently logged in and browsing.

Is Risen 3 region locked? There's a severe lack of ppl selling it on tf2outpost so I don't know if I'm safe with the ROW. Is this the one? http://steamdb.info/sub/46403/ Because that one aint locked lol

I'm going to put this up here, as I understand it... if I'm wrong, the pros will correct me.

So if you go look at the subs for Risen 3, you'll see this:

Things to note here:
(1) There are regional subs.
(2) One is for RU+CIS, this is a bad sign... this is what RU traders would buy for cheap to sell you for cheap.
(3) If you look at that RU+CIS sub:
Code:
AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting	No
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries	Yes
onlyallowrunincountries expand	RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand	RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA

So you cannot trade across regions and it's only purchasable from the countries listed. Furthermore, because "onlyallowrunincountries" is the same, I believe it require a VPN for both activation and actual playing of the game.

Rhaknar

Isn't Etna supposed to steer you away from doing this kind of stuff? >.>

who? I should probably just resub WoW to get my mmo fix really

edit: oh youre making a Disgaea joke, thought you meant some gaffer >_>

MayMay

Banned
I'm going to put this up here, as I understand it... if I'm wrong, the pros will correct me.

Hmm.. yeah, that all makes sense. Thanks. I don't use SteamDB often, so I really wasnt sure what to make of that, but your explanation helped a whole bunch.

Hmm... I'm currently logged in and browsing.

Weird. I'm reading that a whole bunch of ppl have this issue in the Steamgroup - mostly first time users (which I am too).

acucyuln.jpg

saoirseshrug8njim.gif

(Gold Edition, naturally. Far Cry 4 Gold can wait a while longer.)

Oh damn, nice lol

Fox318

Oh, Sleeping dogs. One of my favorite games from the last couple of years. Sad to see that Murdered is discounted so heavily so soon after release, it must really have bombed.

The power of ecchi fans. I am not going to link to the images.

Sakura Spirit was only able to make like 7 images.

rtcn63

I like JaseC, but his affinity for Assassin's Creed, it's there. It'll always be there. You want it to not be, but it can't not be.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In hindsight it probably would have made more sense to buy FC4 Gold first since it's releasing slightly ahead of Unity, but whatever. I was so sick of Far Cry 3 by the time I 100%'d it, I'm not quite sure if I'll bother with 4. I even grew tired of Blood Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom