• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Is Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity cross region gifting blocked? Still want them but not at £49.99. Would pay American price though. Would work out to around £35

Hmm.. yeah, that all makes sense. Thanks. I don't use SteamDB often, so I really wasnt sure what to make of that, but your explanation helped a whole bunch.

Weird. I'm reading that a whole bunch of ppl have this issue in the Steamgroup - mostly first time users (which I am too).

Oh damn, nice lol

I ended up teaching myself some of it one day while trying to help a friend figure out if the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass had been locked after I had gotten it from a trader. Between some tech background and stuff I've seen pros like JaseC mention, I picked it up pretty quick, so long as my understandings are okay above.

I figured if I took the time above to try to explain how I understood it to work that maybe you (and even others) might pick up a little bit of knowledge from it... one of those "The more you know..." type things. :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The region free ROW sub does not have AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries set up properly so it is probably possible to buy at the Russian price.

except the russian price is much higher now because the ROW ones left are rare

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The region free ROW sub does not have AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries set up properly so it is probably possible to buy at the Russian price.

Yeah, I'd presume that's why I was able to buy it at 18 keys, and there were still five or so copies remaining, too. With Sacred 3 being returned to Eastern European stores yesterday, cheaper copies of it should start appearing here and there, too, although time is running out as far as pre-orders are concerned.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
We're still expecting it to come out this year. The beta is going pretty well so far and I think we're going to be opening it to more people pretty soon.

Thanks for the info! Good to know that it's still coming this year.

I've sent another e-mail to Quantic about the Steam version. If I get a response, I'll post it. I was ignored last time and when Grief hit up QD's Twitter account, he was pretty much ignored himself as he was just directed to GOG.

I hate to say it, but I'd honestly buy it just to own it. That, and play the opening scene and the first apartment scene again, because it's so good before it turns to shit.

I just found a Sakura Spirits speedrun
NSFW obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFfYqDWLR4

Lewdest speedrun I've ever watched.

Wow, the Vanguard Princess cards sell for like 28-35 cents each.

The power of lewd anime cards withstands bundles.

Hatoful Boyfriend is now available for pre-purchase. There's a 10% pre-purchase discount.

Edit: And to answer the next question, you're looking at 3.5 keys for the standard edition or 4.5/5 for the CE.

Glad that I sold that Trails background for a good price :D

I'm ready for sensual birdfeeding and 60 flaps per minute action.

This picture looks ridiculous...

What's wrong with his face?

gmorning steamgaf

so how is tits?

It's very perky and vibrant, really enjoying it so far.

I guess I'm lucky enough that I haven't encountered any bugs except for a few graphical problems with cutscenes.

This thread is making my brain hurt.

Early access killed any interest in indie games for me. Finish the game before selling it. Or do it like Minecraft, cheaper price if you buy early.

What does this even have to do with anything, early access isn't even mentioned in the article

This'll be a fun read.

MayMay

Banned
Yeah, I'd presume that's why I was able to buy it at 18 keys, and there were still five or so copies remaining, too. With Sacred 3 being returned to Eastern European stores yesterday, cheaper copies of it should start appearing here and there, too, although time is running out as far as pre-orders are concerned.

Guy that sells it for 18 keys at dispenser.tf has 2 copies left now. Probably gonna grab one of those.

I apoligise for ruining the thread yesterday with my gif contest so here is a more regular one!

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-2B4B40D857990053 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 167 entrants total.

t1406756899z1.png

good luck!

Is it possible for us British people to get gifted Far Cry 4 from the US store? I would rather pay 35ish pound then 50!

Got an extra key for the beta event, if anyone is interested.
Crafting/PvP Sandbox MMO Archeage

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ogedai_Khan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ogedai_Khan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Archeage Closed Beta Event 2 -- MB-CB0EED260831A5A1 - Taken by tarheel91. 3 entrants total.

t1406747059z1.png

JaseC

Is it possible for us British people to get gifted Far Cry 4 from the US store? I would rather pay £35ish pound then £50!

Yes. ACRTAG only affects South American, Eastern European and South-east Asian (because of the incoming support for the Thai Baht) users.

Arthea

I bought the third bundle where I have all games... because I forgot some games I had, it's starting to become real problem.

Link Man

Banned
I sat down to play Antichamber last night, and ended up playing for six hours straight. Very inventive and mind-bending. To get the full experience, play without consulting a guide. The game encourages you to explore, study and experiment with your surroundings. If you enjoy clever puzzles, mazes, and having your mind broken, then make sure to grab this game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

The key should work fine! If not please tell me so I can see if I can help.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knytt Underground -- MB-62015C976E70D224 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.

t1406747659z1.png

Get at it:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Contracts -- MB-3C8033D49DDC2522 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 14 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-B1A9FEF7347F5BED - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-978F3C2EB6605464 - Taken by Shalashaska. 23 entrants total.
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-F065D31F57991264 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 13 entrants total.

t1406757680z1.png

Gonna format my PC anytime soon, though this 7 days trade/market restriction for new devices will mess up a lot for me.
I know you need to save that file in Steam folder, but which file do I need to save to have the browser remember me as well?
Apparently it will lock me out from trading if I dont save some cookies or similar.

JaseC

I'm fairly certain I could feel my heart melting when this scene came up.

Gonna format my PC anytime soon, though this 7 days trade/market restriction for new devices will mess up a lot for me.
I know you need to save that file in Steam folder, but which file do I need to save to have the browser remember me as well?
Apparently it will lock me out from trading if I dont save some cookies or similar.

If you use Firefox or one of its derivatives, you can just use MozBackup to back up everything (cookies, history, current session activity, and so on).

why do people hate indie games ?
coz they're stupid

you're welcome humanity

I wonder if acceptance of indie game aesthetics varies across generations. I grew up on the NES and the SNES/genesis and when i read complaints like "ugh fuck this 2d pixelated bullshit" i can't help but wonder if they grew up in the post 16-bit era of polygons, polygon, polygons and never got to see the +decade of 2d evolution to genuinely appreciate it, to look at Street Fighter III and just go HOLY SHIT.

I'm sure there are those born in the mid-late 90s who do appreciate that visual style, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the more vocal parts of that contingent didn't game before that era.

Teppic

Which file in the Steam folder do you need to save? I might reformat too in a not so distant future.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm fairly certain I could feel my heart melting when this scene came up.

If you use Firefox or one of its derivatives, you can just use MozBackup to back up everything (cookies, history, current session activity, and so on).
Or use the superior Chrome browser.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

There should be two "SSFN" files you need to backup in your steam folder. I'd backup your firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles) profile too to be safe.

Repost for the new page:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hitman Contracts -- MB-3C8033D49DDC2522 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 14 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-B1A9FEF7347F5BED - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-978F3C2EB6605464 - Taken by Shalashaska. 23 entrants total.
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-F065D31F57991264 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 13 entrants total.

t1406757680z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom