• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

That feeling when you find out that the right mouse button does what the left mouse button should do in Trails is a good example of that feeling :p

totally! (><)

I mean, usually if you need to remap controls it happens in first 5-10 minutes of playing!

Damn, I played the game pretty thoroughly and took my time and still ended up in the 30-40 hour range.

Correct me, if I'm wrong but I found out about a year or so ago, that you are to blame for all unreasonable short playing times on all sites including howlongtobeat.
just kidding! but you do have somehow significantly shorter playing times for all games when a question is raised.

rtcn63

Ashley could learn a few things from Ellie

2013-07-08-fungal-finagle.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Correct me, if I'm wrong but I found out about a year or so ago, that you are to blame for all unreasonable short playing times on all sites including howlongtobeat.
just kidding! but you do have somehow significantly shorter playing times for all games when a question is raised.

It's really only Ass Creed and this game now. And my times are in line with the general play times, the 100+ hour times listed in here are the outliers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this music in the room with 346 thousand cultists after Wolverine is freaking me the fuck out

edit: hahahah at this part where ashely has to opperate cranks while you have to cover her AND deal with guys on your ass all using these awful tank controls.

derExperte

30hrs is about right for Risen 1 and the last 10 are a chore as it's the beloved 'go to five dungeons and collect five part of the yerpderp crystal' grind. After that I didn't have the motivation to explore more.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PrematureQuiche, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-2B4B40D857990053 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 167 entrants total.

t1406756899z1.png

ArcheAge is really good and really bad at the same time, graphics are great, the world is really big and open, the combat is very responsive and fun, but I had to spend 45 minutes (no joke) trying to get 3 pieces of Boar Meat for a starting quest, there was probably 200 people in a 50 square foot area trying to get first hit on about 15 boars, it was incredibly frustrating.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thank you based type writer, and fuck that previous room

Lain

FC4 is 2nd and AssCreed 4th. Ubi knows what they're doing.

Played some Whispering Willows and I have mixed feelings about it. The atmosphere is there, the Italian translation is kind of dry and with some mistakes and for a game that shouldn't be that demanding, the intro isn't smooth for me (sometimes I felt the game itself wasn't that smooth but must have been my imagination).

Knurek

Steam Community never stops to deliver:

Is this done with RPG Maker as the core?
I have done some programming in RPG Maker and I see the similarities, but not many. There is so much more in this game that would require a TON of extra work. Of course all of the art work is custom, the 1080p def widescreen is extra, the controller support, music, sounds, views auto rotating, 3D water, all custom.
Beautiful game! The annoying things of stock RPG Maker have been altered in this game. Very much so.
So is this a souped up version of RPG Maker? I'm impressed, especially if Sara is the only programmer.

Guy was asking about TitS...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Contracts -- MB-3C8033D49DDC2522 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 14 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-B1A9FEF7347F5BED - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-978F3C2EB6605464 - Taken by Shalashaska. 23 entrants total.
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-F065D31F57991264 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 13 entrants total.

t1406757680z1.png

Arthea

Steam Community never stops to deliver:
Guy was asking about TitS...

I'm not surprised, I once met a guy on some random forum that was sure that Final Fantasy games were made with RPG maker, it didn't even help that some of them are "slightly" older than RPG maker itself. People can be weird like that.

I can't wait to see the +RPGMaker tag when/if Steam gets the original Final Fantasy.
(><)
it totally gonna happen, see my post above

pahamrick

So, apparently I've got $5 of Amazon credit or something I I don't remember having. Thanks for the free copy of Space Rangers HD Amazon! Guess I can finally cross that off the list of games to get that have been suggested by Gaffers.

Rhaknar

That's definitely one of the hardest segments in the game for me. I always dread it.

I only failed twice, both from shooting her by mistake lol. it was still awful tho. also:

"hey stranger, I know you are trying to escape certain doom with the president's daughter, but why dont you relax a bit in this shooting gallery?" lolwhut

truly a horror classic >_>

the more I play this the more baffled I am why people shit so much on RE5 compared to this

Caerith

It's unfortunate these people decide the community vote winners.
Just think how bad it would be if these people somehow got a vote in matters of national politics.

And if someone did manage to pull off a game of that magnitude in RPG Maker, why the hell would it matter? Why does this guy care?

People are idiots.

Being made in RPG Maker means a game is total garbage.

That is not my opinion, that is just how it goes.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I only failed twice, both from shooting her by mistake lol. it was still awful tho. also:

"hey stranger, I know you are trying to escape certain doom with the president's daughter, but why dont you relax a bit in this shooting gallery?" lolwhut

truly a horror classic >_>

the more I play this the more baffled I am why people shit so much on RE5 compared to this

I don't know why people shit on RE5 so much either, but that said, I personally do think RE4 is a better designed game, but think RE5 is a fantastic co-op experience. But RE5 kind of follows RE4's blueprint too closely, I think.

RE4 also is very hammy and seems proud of it, which is all in good fun. While I think there's a few more atmospheric moments as well.

rtcn63

The inventory system in RE5 was arguably a step back. Only nine spots to hold your items/weapons/body armor, but you could hotkey weapons, and store extras in the magical infinite storage box that shows itself when you quit a section. Still better than RE6 with that fumbly cross shit. I wanted to use a grenade not a health spray you bastard!

The boss fights also took a more set-piece role, forcing you to use one-time weapons to take them on. I.e. the laser satellite limit break.

Lomax

ArcheAge is really good and really bad at the same time, graphics are great, the world is really big and open, the combat is very responsive and fun, but I had to spend 45 minutes (no joke) trying to get 3 pieces of Boar Meat for a starting quest, there was probably 200 people in a 50 square foot area trying to get first hit on about 15 boars, it was incredibly frustrating.

There are so many solutions to that seminal mmo issue that have been developed over the last 10-15 years that it disturbs me when a brand new game still has that problem and makes me wonder how many other design mistakes they will make. Game does look neat though.

So, apparently I've got $5 of Amazon credit or something I I don't remember having. Thanks for the free copy of Space Rangers HD Amazon! Guess I can finally cross that off the list of games to get that have been suggested by Gaffers.

I keep considering picking up Space Rangers but I can't shake the feeling that it will be bundled soon, 1C is one of the most pervasive bundlers of all the publishers out there.

are you serious with this friendly fire on RE4? was going to break a jar, killed Ashely instead

How's this even possible. I never killed Ashley even on my first playthrough.

^^RE6 inventory is far away better than RE5 clusterfuck. I still prefer RE4 tetris inventory though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just finished watching The Banshee Chapter, scariness is subjective but adding that to my fairly small list of horror films I actually find fucking scary. Seems to have had mixed reviews, though. It's fine, there's horror movies that are kind of love it/hate it affairs I end up liking, such as I Can See You and Skew.

Also, hi GAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
-It's okay to love a bird, just don't make it too hot or you might come out with fried chicken.
-Don't panic, please stop panicking.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-D749C8E6B1EE971C - Taken by Cheddahz. 52 entrants total.
Claire -- MB-C89153E5F02D8993 - Taken by General_Frags. 31 entrants total.

t1406765120z1.png

Fox318

I just finished watching The Banshee Chapter, scariness is subjective but adding that to my fairly small list of horror films I actually find fucking scary. Seems to have had mixed reviews, though. It's fine, there's horror movies that are kind of love it/hate it affairs I end up liking, such as I Can See You and Skew.

Also, hi GAF.

Hatoful Boyfriend

bCxLvXQ.png

bird sex

rtcn63

How's this even possible. I never killed Ashley even on my first playthrough.

^^RE6 inventory is far away better than RE5 clusterfuck. I still prefer RE4 tetris inventory though.

It was better in that you could carry all of your weapons, but I'd rather you carry fewer ones, and just be able to hotkey them to the d-pad. I hated using the cross in the heat of battle. Also the inability to outright rub herbs on you face, instead of having to combine them beforehand.

There are so many solutions to that seminal mmo issue that have been developed over the last 10-15 years that it disturbs me when a brand new game still has that problem and makes me wonder how many other design mistakes they will make. Game does look neat though.

Yeah totally, when quest 2 on a beta weekend has an issue as bad as that I can't imagine how launch will be, maybe the further you get away from the starting area the better it will be but still it's a bad problem to have. Hopefully beta means beta to them and they can fix it before launch.

Vuze

Also, hi GAF.

I need kawaii pidgeons in my laifu, thanks for the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom