• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished watching The Banshee Chapter, scariness is subjective but adding that to my fairly small list of horror films I actually find fucking scary. Seems to have had mixed reviews, though. It's fine, there's horror movies that are kind of love it/hate it affairs I end up liking, such as I Can See You and Skew.

Also, hi GAF.

Nice giveaway... I'd enter for hatoful boyfriend to experience it firsthand, but I still don't even understand how it's even a game. Jury is out as to whether I should enter when there's probably at least 30 of you have have a real genuine interest in the game.

oooh Claire, nice one Dusk. I enjoyed what I played of it

Yes, Claire seemed kind of cool from what I played too... though I wasn't a fan of how the map just seemed to go on forever in spots and the fact that Dusk did not answer my question about how the fear system works. :p

--

Ahhh, everything is well and good and in it's place now. Well mostly.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when I check my email and I finally get my Millennium 2 Steam key after nearly 3 weeks of waiting.

Feels good.

Nice giveaway... I'd enter for hatoful boyfriend to experience it firsthand, but I still don't even understand how it's even a game. Jury is out as to whether I should enter when there's probably at least 30 of you have have a real genuine interest in the game.

It's a visual novel. If you stick with it, you'll find that it's actually more than a pigeon dating sim. That's all I'll say :p

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Skipped around and first mission I saw was a fetch quest variant.

Kill X wolves.

Oh and why don't RPGs try new things?

Every RPG has the same classes. The same concepts. Warrior, Mage, Rogue. Dexterity, HP, Mana. All the same stuff over and over. Why.

It's like there are only so many ways to visually repackage combat types. Also, is it functionally different if they rename the stats?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yes, Claire seemed kind of cool from what I played too... though I wasn't a fan of how the map just seemed to go on forever in spots and the fact that Dusk did not answer my question about how the fear system works. :p

--

Ahhh, everything is well and good and in it's place now. Well mostly.

Aye! Fear system works that when you're close to enemies, things that look scary, or make scary noises, you start to panic. So it's audio/visual, and threat based when you begin to panic.

Aye! Fear system works that when you're close to enemies, things that look scary, or make scary noises, you start to panic. So it's audio/visual, and threat based when you begin to panic.

Thanks. I was trying for some playfire reward to max out the fear meter but couldn't actually figure out how to become scared shitless. :3

Congrats 40oz!!!

Payday 2 was fun today, even though we failed at stealth so much ahah

We still got so much XP. So much XP.

Skipped around and first mission I saw was a fetch quest variant.

Kill X wolves.

Every RPG has the same classes. The same concepts. Warrior, Mage, Rogue. Dexterity, HP, Mana. All the same stuff over and over. Why.
You've probably heard of it by now, but I'll say it anyways: Divinity: Original Sin heard your call and beckons to you.

It's similar, and yet wholly unique.

Miker

Are Evolve alpha keys redeemable by just anybody? Because I received one, but I won't be around to play it this weekend - it runs from Friday, August 1st (9am PDT) to Sunday, August 3rd (8pm PDT). If they are, I might just give mine away via Modbot.

It all goes back to D&D. Which is in itself based on the Tolkien novels, although I don't recall them ever referring to hitpoints.

Why does every FPS game use the same control system to move, aim and shoot? Players get used to certain systems, and it makes things easier to understand, not to mention to jump in and start playing without a tutorial.

The gaming industry likes to play it safe. What happens when an RPG deviates from its basic mechanics? You get Jade Empire, which some people love and some people hate. The bigger question is, why aren't indie games stepping up and trying new RPG mechanics?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone knows how The Secret World works? I own the vanilla version, and have been wanting to get back to it now that it doesnt have a sub, but I see none of the DLC, or "issues" on steam.

The massive edition says it comes with issues 1-4 and 5-7, so does that mean vanilla was 1-4? And then theres dlc called The Black Signal, which says its issue 9...so wheres issue 8? Any SW expert care to clarify this?

Enco

You've probably heard of it by now, but I'll say it anyways: Divinity: Original Sin heard your call and beckons to you.

It's similar, and yet wholly unique.
Yup! I have it and should play it more.

The freedom is really nice.

It all goes back to D&D. Which is in itself based on the Tolkien novels, although I don't recall them ever referring to hitpoints.

Why does every FPS game use the same control system to move, aim and shoot? Players get used to certain systems, and it makes things easier to understand, not to mention to jump in and start playing without a tutorial.

The gaming industry likes to play it safe. What happens when an RPG deviates from its basic mechanics? You get Jade Empire, which some people love and some people hate. The bigger question is, why aren't indie games stepping up and trying new RPG mechanics?
Yea playing safe is the way to go most of the time.

Would be nice if we get a competent studio trying something new though. F

It's like there are only so many ways to visually repackage combat types. Also, is it functionally different if they rename the stats?
New stats? Don't rely on stats the same way? Ditch the huge tropes (evil taking over villages). Ditch the crappy quests.

I just landed in the perfect teabagging after a momentous leap in Mount your friends and had 20 seconds on the clock to enjoy it. Jumping from one man to another using momentum and letting go under a time limit really reminds me of ninja-roping antics in Worms Armageddon and I love it.

Yeah, very much overall, although my extremely positive initial feelings are not the same as I finished the game, that were a little more underwhelming, incidentally as I have said I've spent a lot of that time doing side quests, grinding, and levelling my character; as a reference I have spent way less time on Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, that I also enjoyed completing a lot of stuff and side missions.

All the right elements for an adventure game are there: the feeling of being stranded on a mysterious island
with opposite factions fighting for the possession of some artifact
which reminded me somehow of Lost, the awesome music - the guitar tune in the bandits camp has grown on me -, the beautiful setting, when I started the game I was feeling like that was one of the best games I had ever played, unfortunately when I finished the game I felt the game falls short of its premises and potential
speaking of which where does our initial companion vanish after the first chapter?
, besides it has lots of glitches, yet I think it's a very good game.

Well it was obviously not a serious question, the time you spent with it makes it obvious but thanks for the impressions.
The games just keep piling up... I barely have any money to spend on them and I'm still overwhelmed lol. PC gaming FTW.

Grief.exe

kr6TQcF.png

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks. I was trying for some playfire reward to max out the fear meter but couldn't actually figure out how to become scared shitless. :3

We still got so much XP. So much XP.

Almost gonna be hitting 60 soon. I got like 2.8 million in cash just chilling now, I need to start buying more weapons to test out :D

Thanks! Whenever you guys play some more Payday 2, let me know, I'm itching to play some.

Yeah I'll let you know for sure next time we play.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
does anyone knows how The Secret World works? I own the vanilla version, and have been wanting to get back to it now that it doesnt have a sub, but I see none of the DLC, or "issues" on steam.

The massive edition says it comes with issues 1-4 and 5-7, so does that mean vanilla was 1-4? And then theres dlc called The Black Signal, which says its issue 9...so wheres issue 8? Any SW expert care to clarify this?

I am not an expert but did my research recently as I bought it for the future playing with a friend.

You have to buy the other issues from the developer's website if you don't buy them from Steam, but will be put into the Steam version. Silly they're not available on Steam, I know.

Vanilla is 1-4, ME is 5-7, 5-7 can also be bought separately, but from developer's website.

8 I hear is more filler, least certain about this, but probably deb website I would guess.

Leftovers :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-AE78762F381D21B7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Just popping in to say that Crypt of the Necrodancer is pretty fantastic. It's funny how something as simple as adding a rhythm can really change the feel of a game.

Yrael

'Tis my birthday today! :) I thought I'd give away a little something. Apologies this isn't much - I know a lot of people have been playing this lately, and thought there may be more people who want to join in.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-495E1DF73AF093F6 - Taken by eek5. 15 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-A5F3D11B297119EC - Taken by bakeray. 29 entrants total.

t1406770460z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom