• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be VAC safe, it essentially simulates loading the game and sitting in the menu.

The idling application is written in C# using Steamworks.NET. The actual program logic is written in python. The full source of both applications will be available on Github.

I had the same question yesterday, you actually don't connect to the VAC servers it's like you open the game and let it idling at the start screen. I Idle M@ster opened for all day got all my cards and haven't found any problems.

Great to hear. :)
Now I feel safer.

Caerith

No idea.

Was just thinking out loud lol.

Would need some serious brainstorming but I'm sure it can be done.

Some new rpg classes to the usual would be nice. Or get rid of classes overall. Just one standard build that you customise.

Classless tends to gravitate toward either a one-man army or, if you have several customizable characters, fitting each into some variant of, say, tank, healer, support, and attacker.

As for new classes... what niche remains to be filled? All existing classes basically conform to (or are a variation of) the core roles of tank, healer, support, and attacker. There are only so many combinations of these you can make before you start repeating. I mean, look at rangers and mages: one attacks from a distance and has some support abilities, and so does the other.

People have been trying to brainstorm a new niche for years. I think the bigger problem isn't whether classes are new or original (they won't be), but whether they're any fun.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Impressions, please, sir.
Just provided them. I really wouldn't recommend it if you only casually like racing games. The main purpose of getting it for me is to have something extremely lightweight that I can pop on and off without a bunch of company logos, cinematics, long load times, and laborious menu systems. I wish I could mod Trackmania or GRID1 to just jump immediately into stripped-down menus like this to serve the same purpose at a higher quality of game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Time to shake a feather and get ready for some fowl lovin'~!
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-9447471B6EA012A1 - Taken by Knurek. 71 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend Again -- MB-13BC062DCE78D405 - Taken by gabrielt16. 65 entrants total.

t1406773220z1.png

MRORANGE

LAST CHANCE

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for August (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in August that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 30th July

Games / Gaffers:
Residue - BinaryPork2737
Ultra Street Fighter - MRORANGE
Shadowgate - Hugstable
Metro Last Light Redux - Demon Lizardman
Shelter 2 - Yrael
Hatoful Boyfriend - BinaryPork2737
Crawl - Trejik

Anyone in here collect steam wallpapers?
I'm thinking of delisting a bunch from the marketplace and I'd gladly donate them to another GAFer who actually wants them. You might get dupes and more in the trade offer, but that's a risk you'll have to take. :)

Anyone in here collect steam wallpapers?
I'm thinking of delisting a bunch from the marketplace and I'd gladly donate them to another GAFer who actually wants them. You might get dupes and more in the trade offer, but that's a risk you'll have to take. :)

I tend to collect them. If you want to unload them, I'll take them off your hands.

I don't think we're friends on Steam, so I'll have to add you.

Hugstable

Banned
It was actually 2 guards -- I was looking for them as Shadownet handled the tellers and they were both over in the corner. I instinctively put them both down and then almost had an aneurysm because I thought that I might not be able to finish answering pager 1 before pager 2's timer ran out. XD

Oh damn you actually managed two pager answers in one go? I thought a second one would be alerted if you take to long since you have to deal with the first. Still can't believe I got the 100 Grenades used achievement just from using them to suicide lol.

BHK3

Banned
thought autorepost was automatic, didnt know i had to add it in :/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BHK3, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-A2CEFDD81388FF1C - Taken by MTE. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406764760z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Dusk's Pigeon Love giveaway over? I don't want to enter for others if that's still going

Nzyme32

Mr Shackles, not sure if I found an Enhanced Steam bug or not - I added Colin Mcrae to my wishlist from the store page, then realised I didn't want it and tried to remove it via the remove button next to the "already on wishlist" message.... but nothing happens, it just reloads the page. Had to remove the game from the wishlist page instead

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mr Shackles, not sure if I found an Enhanced Steam bug or not - I added Colin Mcrae to my wishlist from the store page, then realised I didn't want it and tried to remove it via the remove button next to the "already on wishlist" message.... but nothing happens, it just reloads the page. Had to remove the game from the wishlist page instead

Yeah Valve changed this process, so I've got it fixed in the next version that should be coming soon.

Ozium

within the steam client I went to accept a trade and it told me to log in to steam (wtf? I was already logged in using the client) and then it blocked me from trading for 7 days.

volvo pls

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nostalgic as fuck playing Colin McRae Rally. Would I have preferred a nice cleaned up version of Colin McRae Rally 2.0 for Steam? Well yeah, but this version reminds me of the good ol PS1 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom