• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to say that Crypt of the Necrodancer is pretty fantastic. It's funny how something as simple as adding a rhythm can really change the feel of a game.

oh man just watched the trailer on steam for this and it looks freaking awesome. I especially love the little speech (to the beat) the main hero does at the end of the trailer. I need to get myself into... the crypt... of the necrodancer!

Now to check/wait on a decent deal, if they did even a 15% off opening sale I'd be all over it.

dot

'Tis my birthday today! :) I thought I'd give away a little something. Apologies this isn't much - I know a lot of people have been playing this lately, and thought there may be more people who want to join in.

Happy birthday and nice giveaway! :)

Are Evolve alpha keys redeemable by just anybody? Because I received one, but I won't be around to play it this weekend - it runs from Friday, August 1st (9am PDT) to Sunday, August 3rd (8pm PDT). If they are, I might just give mine away via Modbot.

They should be. Do a modbot raffle for it and find out. >.>

Fox318

iiTBDwdu0eJju.gif

Starring Tim Schafer as Devolver Digital CEO.

So overbudget and delayed?

Totally missed the Raven Armor sidequest when I first played The Witcher, it's a long quest but that badass armor is totally worth it.
Revisiting the game after reading the books certainly gives you a different perspective, I'm so invested in this universe that my hype levels for TW3 transcend time and space at this point.

Axass

There is no way. It's something I'd like to see Valve change -- just cache the playtime values locally and then add them into the mix when Steam is online again.

That's a damn shame, seems such an easy thing to implement...

Thanks for answering though.

Curious_George

Neo Member
It all goes back to D&D. Which is in itself based on the Tolkien novels, although I don't recall them ever referring to hitpoints.

Why does every FPS game use the same control system to move, aim and shoot? Players get used to certain systems, and it makes things easier to understand, not to mention to jump in and start playing without a tutorial.

The gaming industry likes to play it safe. What happens when an RPG deviates from its basic mechanics? You get Jade Empire, which some people love and some people hate. The bigger question is, why aren't indie games stepping up and trying new RPG mechanics?

I'm fine with the basic rpg mechanics, but I really wish more rpgs would deviate from standard fantasy settings (like Jade Empire did, which I really enjoyed). I'd love to see more rpgs attempt settings like Alpha Protocol or semi-historic/alternate timeline, or just awesome super hero adventures like Freedom Force. I feel that like the fps, the mechanics of the rpg genre are pretty adaptable to a lot of different settings and stories; I just wish more of the industry was willing to explore those directions.

Enco

....like?

I agree, but this is not what I, or you in the part I responded to, was talking about.
No idea.

Was just thinking out loud lol.

Would need some serious brainstorming but I'm sure it can be done.

Some new rpg classes to the usual would be nice. Or get rid of classes overall. Just one standard build that you customise.

Hugstable

Banned
I hope you guys are still playing when I finally get around to picking this up
...the next sale

:D we will most likely still be playing, it's fun just to get a few robberies in every once in a while. My levels have been going up pretty slowly, but at least I'm finally getting pretty wealthy.

I don't really know why Peter Parker is moonlighting for the SWAT teams in Payday 2, but...

http://a.pomf.se/bvjqho.webm

Also:

I was 100% accurate with 100% headshots with a silenced shotgun while under extreme duress? Guess I really am "frosty".
KuGsj.gif

LOL so that's what happened. Holy shit hahah. And nice at your Headshot percentage. Those poor tellers :D

Speaking of which, there's only been one batch of Greenlit games this month. Wonder if there'll be a second batch before August or if this will be the first month in a while with only one batch.

I think this the longest gap between greenlight batches in a while...

:D we will most likely still be playing, it's fun just to get a few robberies in every once in a while. My levels have been going up pretty slowly, but at least I'm finally getting pretty wealthy.

LOL so that's what happened. Holy shit hahah. And nice at your Headshot percentage. Those poor tellers :D

It was actually 2 guards -- I was looking for them as Shadownet handled the tellers and they were both over in the corner. I instinctively put them both down and then almost had an aneurysm because I thought that I might not be able to finish answering pager 1 before pager 2's timer ran out. XD

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dusk Golem, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-D749C8E6B1EE971C - Taken by Cheddahz. 52 entrants total.
Claire -- MB-C89153E5F02D8993 - Taken by General_Frags. 31 entrants total.

t1406765120z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting really close now

v0k7JUf.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Possible to send it to the tray, out of the way?

Not quite yet, but I'm working on it.

In the mean time, check out a program called RBTray. With that application, you can right click on the minimize button of any window to send it to the tray.

In the mean time, check out a program called RBTray. With that application, you can right click on the minimize button of any window to send it to the tray.

You said that this is in C#, right? Will it be full source as well? I'd be interested in seeing if there's anything I could help with, if that were the case, as C# is the language I'm best at.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Read a review now and apparently it's limited to 4 cars, not a lot of tracks and almost no tuning options. Meh.
i'vemadeahugemistake.gif
lol yeah it's not a "real" racing game, it's a racing snack cake. it loads hella fast, gives a bit of a run round a course, and that's about it. it's the racing equivalent of solitaire, if racing games are your thing.

On sale right now for 1,79€!
if you have a smartphone

jshackles

I have to ask you again.
What is with VAC games?
Is it safe?

Sorry for my stupidness. >.<
I'm looking forward to it.

This should be VAC safe, it essentially simulates loading the game and sitting in the menu.

You said that this is in C#, right? Will it be full source as well? I'd be interested in seeing if there's anything I could help with, if that were the case, as C# is the language I'm best at.

The idling application is written in C# using Steamworks.NET. The actual program logic is written in python. The full source of both applications will be available on Github.

lol yeah it's not a "real" racing game, it's a racing snack cake. it loads hella fast, gives a bit of a run round a course, and that's about it. it's the racing equivalent of solitaire, if racing games are your thing.

if you have a smartphone

i'll try and get the cards quickly and make some money back haha.

I have to ask you again.
What is with VAC games?
Is it safe?

Sorry for my stupidness. >.<
I'm looking forward to it.

I had the same question yesterday, you actually don't connect to the VAC servers it's like you open the game and let it idling at the start screen. I Idle M@ster opened for all day got all my cards and haven't found any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom