• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

yes, but it lowers the drop rate

Any idea how much?

Worst case scenario: not sure - VAC ban maybe if you're playing competitive?

I definitely recommend not playing games why this is running, especially those where you're connecting to VAC protected servers, just to be safe

Since the program is brand new, there's no telling if Valve will do anything about your running it while connected to VAC servers, is all I'm saying. It's not likely, but you never know

Well, nevermind then.

Best case scenario: Idle Master drops cards more slowly
Worst case scenario: not sure -
VAC ban maybe if you're playing competitive?

I definitely recommend not playing games why this is running, especially those where you're connecting to VAC protected servers, just to be safe

Since the program is brand new, there's no telling if Valve will do anything about your running it while connected to VAC servers, is all I'm saying. It's not likely, but you never know

Fair enough. I'm trying to connect to the GAF server anyhow at the moment and will mess with IM later. Thanks for all the hard work you put out btw!

edit: CSGO server keeps giving me "bad password" error.

You're the man jshackles! Can you implement a feature to move to the next game? I'm stuck on Blade Symphony. I've been idling for over 8 hours now (I know this game is known for slow drops).

FauX

Sorry for my utter ignorance. But regarding idlemaster and Steam card system, I have a question: If I want to craft a badge from cards first, then sell cards from the same game, is this scenario possible? I mean, first use idlemaster to drop cards for badging, then use idlemaster to drop cards from the same game and sell them out?

Or do I have to decide selling or badging?

Mono

Work is killing me! @_@ I got a free doughnut for supper, though!!

Any thoughts on Inquisitor? It looks really fun! I made room and installed it, but I'm too busy to try it out right now.

Sorry for my utter ignorance. But regarding idlemaster and Steam card system, I have a question: If I want to craft a badge from cards first, then sell cards from the same game, is this scenario possible? I mean, first use idlemaster to drop cards for bashing, then use idlemaster to drop cards from the same gameabd sell them out?

You have to decide

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're the man jshackles! Can you implement a feature to move to the next game? I'm stuck on Blade Symphony. I've been idling for over 8 hours now (I know this game is known for slow drops).

Probably so. In the mean time, you should be able to manually close the steam-idle.exe application and then click on the main application and press "ctrl+c" (at the same time) which should cause the program to skip to the next game.

Nabs

Heh. I hope you don't own Awesomenauts.

A blacklist would be nice.

fenners

Sorry for my utter ignorance. But regarding idlemaster and Steam card system, I have a question: If I want to craft a badge from cards first, then sell cards from the same game, is this scenario possible? I mean, first use idlemaster to drop cards for bashing, then use idlemaster to drop cards from the same game and sell them out?

Idle-master just generates the cards for you, effectively idling as if you were in the game.

Crafting a badge consumes the cards from your inventory - you can't use them & /then/ sell or trade them. When you hit that "craft badge" button, they're gone.

If you have more cards than is needed to craft a badge, the left over cards are yours to do what you like with - keep to craft again, or sell/trade.

Sorry for my utter ignorance. But regarding idlemaster and Steam card system, I have a question: If I want to craft a badge from cards first, then sell cards from the same game, is this scenario possible? I mean, first use idlemaster to drop cards for bashing, then use idlemaster to drop cards from the same game and sell them out?

You always have to decide between selling and badging.
All Idle Master will help you do is get the cards into your inventory easier. :)

Hey, leave him alone until he packs in my auto-queue updater. Trust me. :p

Yrael

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :) One more reminder before this ends:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-495E1DF73AF093F6 - Taken by eek5. 15 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-A5F3D11B297119EC - Taken by bakeray. 29 entrants total.

t1406770460z1.png

Tenrius

Work is killing me! @_@ I got a free doughnut for supper, though!!

Any thoughts on Inquisitor? It looks really fun! I made room and installed it, but I'm too busy to try it out right now.

You'd be better off playing the Baldur's Gate games if you haven't already. The general consensus on Inquisitor is that it fails in the gameplay department.

Ozium

I only craft badges for games I like or have a fondness for.. and only if the price is right.. if a game I like has cards selling for $.20 then lol I'll take that over the badge anytime...

but if I need like .20 to complete a badge and I like the game I'll go for it.

What would you decide? Need some advise, please!

Is leveling and bashing really that important?

The more you craft and level, the more likely foils and booster packs are likely to drop. I enjoy crafting and getting the emotes and backgrounds. But all those cards can be worth some sweet dough on the orher hand, so i guess it really depends.

wilflare

Probably so. In the mean time, you should be able to manually close the steam-idle.exe application and then click on the main application and press "ctrl+c" (at the same time) which should cause the program to skip to the next game.

is there to make it close the game and re-run the same game to get faster drops?
read something like the first card drop is always the fastest

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's definitely on my "to-do" list.

You always have to decide between selling and badging.
All Idle Master will help you do is get the cards into your inventory easier. :)

Hey, leave him alone until he packs in my auto-queue updater. Trust me. :p

And so is this.

Mono

I've only dipped my toe in it, but it seems like a really deep and narrative-driven CRPG. Definitely worth playing!

Indie gamer Toma would be the best person to ask, actually. Because, as I recall, he took quite a shine to Inquisitor.

Narrative driven, I like the sound of that! I've been wanting to play a cRPG again, but I only have Neverwinter Nights, which is excellent but very dated.

Okay, thanks!

Backlogger

@jshackles: This version of Idle Master doesn't work for me (the previous one before you took it down did). When I start it just opens a command prompt window but doesn't do anything.

Edit: thanks for the great work on this btw

jshackles

Okay guys I'm heading to bed, but let me know if you guys have any issues with Idle Master. Tomorrow I'll be more awake and start a new thread where I can provide a bit more dedicated support without mucking up the Steam thread.

Happy idling!

@jshackles: This version of Idle Master doesn't work for me (the previous one before you took it down did). When I start it just opens a command prompt window but doesn't do anything.

If you were previously using the other version, be sure to update your settings.txt file as it's contents have changed (you need to enter your Steam profile URL now instead of your Steam name)

Mono

You'd be better off playing the Baldur's Gate games if you haven't already. The general consensus on Inquisitor is that it fails in the gameplay department.

I forgot about Baldur's Gate; I love those games! That's a shame. I guess it won't hurt to try it, though, since I already own it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of InfiniteNine, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-9447471B6EA012A1 - Taken by Knurek. 71 entrants total.
Hatoful Boyfriend Again -- MB-13BC062DCE78D405 - Taken by gabrielt16. 65 entrants total.

t1406773220z1.png

Mono

Okay guys I'm heading to bed, but let me know if you guys have any issues with Idle Master. Tomorrow I'll be more awake and start a new thread where I can provide a bit more dedicated support without mucking up the Steam thread.

Happy idling!

If you were previously using the other version, be sure to update your settings.txt file as it's contents have changed (you need to enter your Steam profile URL now instead of your Steam name)

Thank you so much for doing all this, jshackles; you're the best! I'm going to try this now.

Backlogger

Happy idling!

Ah, I missed the URL vs ID change. It seems to be working now! Thanks again

Ventara

What would you decide? Need some advise, please!

Is leveling and badging really that important?

Leveling and getting badges aren't that important, and you can always buy them again if you decide to sell them, so if you don't really care about some mostly superficial stuff, just sell them.

You can also choose to create badges from the cheap cards, and just sell the expensive cards. This is what I'd do.

There's really no point going all in and creating badges for all the games you have cards for.

Erekiddo

ModBot said:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Love -- MB-E8E75AE54C8C5A79 - Taken by yoshizzle
A VIrus Named Tom -- MB-E0FDB8D7DDB43629 - Taken by EzioCroft
Retro/Grade -- MB-D2BC0484A694AAA2 - Taken by iosefe

Narrative driven, I like the sound of that! I've been wanting to play a cRPG again, but I only have Neverwinter Nights, which is excellent but very dated.

Okay, thanks!

When I say narrative-driven, I mean holy god so many words. There is just so much to read - it's very intimidating, but also very immersive. In this way it reminds me of the Spiderweb Software CRPGs.

I also linked to Toma's Inquisitor thread in that post you quoted - I just edited too slowly.

Mono

When I say narrative-driven, I mean holy god so many words. There is just so much to read - it's very intimidating, but also very immersive. In this way it reminds me of the Spiderweb Software CRPGs.

I also linked to Toma's Inquisitor thread in that post you quoted - I just edited too slowly.

Ooo, okay. I have to be in a certain kind of mood to play games that throw novels at you, but I definitely like them! Immersion is key. Hopefully I'll like the writing!

Thank you so much!

set it to Mono, you know you want to

I wish!! Mono's already taken, which is why I'm bitter about custom Steam URLs, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom