• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Ooo, okay. I have to be in a certain kind of mood to play games that throw novels at you, but I definitely like them! Immersion is key. Hopefully I'll like the writing!

Thank you so much!

I wish!! Mono's already taken, which is why I'm bitter about custom Steam URLs, lol!

you can always try
theMono
theRealMono

:p

dot

Ooo, okay. I have to be in a certain kind of mood to play games that throw novels at you, but I definitely like them! Immersion is key. Hopefully I'll like the writing!

Thank you so much!

I wish!! Mono's already taken, which is why I'm bitter about custom Steam URLs, lol!

Just use monoforce or momo or momoforce or something.

iosefe

Nice, let's see how many cards I still have to find...

1VX.jpg

Time to get rich.

I had to change language to English but that's a small price to pay.
Sweet baby jesus

Ventara

idle master closes as soon as I start it

any ideas?

Someone mentioned that they got the same problem yesterday and found out it was because they entered their username incorrectly into the notepad. Check that, and make sure the other info is correct, too.

Tenrius

Good/bad news for you: you can only sell 200 in a year unless you want to give Steam your tax info!

If you're not a US resident, you just have to confirm that fact (and even if you're, it's just for their files) by clicking a button. I actually did sell more than 200 items last year.

Sharkiller

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sharkiller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Wildstar Trial Key -- MB-48191DA222A91B6C - Taken by The Dear Leader
Wildstar trial spare.
Redeem in http://wildstar-online.com/en/

Mono

Monopod also wasn't taken; now I'm less nasty!

I
kind of unironically
love Hatoful Boyfriend! It's actually a half-decent game. I can't believe it's coming to Steam so soon. When they announced the remake/rerelease thing, I thought that meant "in a couple of years".

Unicorn

Why doesn't Steam track non-steam game play-time? It knows when I have it launched and closed. Why not track the time it is open? Are they really that concerned about tracking idle time?

Ventara

Monopod also wasn't taken; now I'm less nasty!

I
kind of unironically
love Hatoful Boyfriend! It's actually a half-decent game. I can't believe it's coming to Steam so soon. When they announced the remake/rerelease thing, I thought that meant "in a couple of years".

How is it? All I know about it is that you date pigeons. Is it mostly must a comedy? Or does it take itself seriously?

graywolf323

idle master closes as soon as I start it

any ideas?

happening to me again as well, the previous version worked fine but this one closes right away and the command prompt shows a different error right when it closes

edit: oh I just reused the previous settings file but the new one requires your the full url for your profile, yep that was the problem

Parsnip

Changes in 0.2 of Idle Master

Looks like I'm getting this.

Code:
Finding games that have card drops remaining
Idle Master needs to idle 7 games
Error launching steam-idle with game ID 235210

That app is STRIDER™ / ストライダー飛竜®. Maybe that store name is breaking it.

Cade

Hey, jshackles, in the Chrome part of your setup instructions, you can click the white paper next to the URL in the Chrome address bar and click Show cookies and site data, then find the cookie there. It's easier.

Mono

How is it? All I know about it is that you date pigeons. Is it mostly must a comedy? Or does it take itself seriously?

Overall, it's a parody of dating sims with its ridiculousness lying in the fact that it's about pigeons, but there's a serious storyline tucked away in the game somewhere!

Kind of like how Thomas Was Alone makes a bunch of squares grow on you as characters, you may find yourself caring too much about pigeon drama after playing this, lol.

Looks like I'm getting this.

Code:
Finding games that have card drops remaining
Idle Master needs to idle 7 games
Error launching steam-idle with game ID 235210

That app is STRIDER™ / ストライダー飛竜®. Maybe that store name is breaking it.

This is what you get for supporting Strider 2014. Serves you right.

Hey, jshackles, in the Chrome part of your setup instructions, you can click the white paper next to the URL in the Chrome address bar and click Show cookies and site data, then find the cookie there. It's easier.

Nice tip.

so, i have entered all of my settings for the program and when i try to start it up, i get an error, help?

No.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blockland -- MB-18A877E01A08DC0D - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-5E3F0DAFEBF37906 - Taken by fokkusu. 2 entrants total.
Steel Storm Complete Edition -- MB-CDBEC8FCA36823CA - Taken by BurnMuhBread. 1 entrants total.

t1406772800z1.png

Ventara

There's a route that takes itself seriously and it's the worst for your heart.

Also the main route is pretty interesting.

Overall, it's a parody of dating sims with its ridiculousness lying in the fact that it's about pigeons, but there's a serious storyline tucked away in the game somewhere!

Kind of like how Thomas Was Alone makes a bunch of squares grow on you as characters, you may find yourself caring too much about pigeon drama after playing this, lol.

Alright, thanks. I'll probably wait for a sale, but it's good to hear it pokes fun at itself, for the most part. I don't think I can take the game seriously right off the bat.

so, i have entered all of my settings for the program and when i try to start it up, i get an error, help?

You sure you entered them correctly? If you have, maybe try redownloading the program? Something might have gotten corrupted, maybe?

Even bots are better than me at CSGO. GGs everyone! XD

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-AE78762F381D21B7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

jblank83

Well, Idle Master correctly identified that Titan Attacks! was out of card drops. It then properly cycled to a new game in the list and began idling.

Seems perfect to me.

that Crypt of the NecroDancer looks really good
was there a video of someone playing that with DK (Donkey Kong) drums?

CotND is tons of fun and super-addictive right now. I think I might get sick of the included tracks after a few days, but i'm finding it really enjoyable. The entire game is controlled by the four arrow keys, so anything you can map to the four arrow keys can work as a controller. There's even a "dance pad" mode that reduces the # of enemies and gives you a few more hearts if you're using an alternative input controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom