• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Been playing Baldur's Gate 2 the past few days, continuing my adventure... taking my time with it, 'cause I play SLOOOOWLY as I'm a noob.

At least I'm exploring De'Arnise Hold now. It's really fucking fun so far, though I have an extremely noobish question: why can't my mage char use some spells she has learned? For example, Yoshimo got diseased by fighting against a creature. This girl has "cure disease" in her spellbook but when I click the spell's icon for her to "learn" it (she has a spare slot), the icon appears blurred and I can't use it, even though I can use other spells at the same level. What am I doing wrong here?

wilflare

CotND is tons of fun and super-addictive right now. I think I might get sick of the included tracks after a few days, but i'm finding it really enjoyable. The entire game is controlled by the four arrow keys, so anything you can map to the four arrow keys can work as a controller. There's even a "dance pad" mode that reduces the # of enemies and gives you a few more hearts if you're using an alternative input controller.

wishlisted.
(wonder if it'll be bundled soon...)

it definitely looks good

Catshade

Been playing Baldur's Gate 2 the past few days, continuing my adventure... taking my time with it, 'cause I play SLOOOOWLY as I'm a noob.

At least I'm exploring De'Arnise Hold now. It's really fucking fun so far, though I have an extremely noobish question: why can't my mage char use some spells she has learned? For example, Yoshimo got diseased by fighting against a creature. This girl has "cure disease" in her spellbook but when I click the spell's icon for her to "learn" it (she has a spare slot), the icon appears blurred and I can't use it, even though I can use other spells at the same level. What am I doing wrong here?

My memory is a little bit rusty, but you need to rest for...I think at least 8 hours before you can use your newly-learned mage spells.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
triple checked the settings.txt and even logged out and back in to get a new sessionid and put that in too, but idle_master still closes as soon as I open it

:(

iosefe

triple checked the settings.txt and even logged out and back in to get a new sessionid and put that in too, but idle_master still closes as soon as I open it

delete the steamcommunity cookies, reconnect, go through the whole process, use the new cookie data, run start

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
wishlisted.
(wonder if it'll be bundled soon...)

it definitely looks good

I'm going to go with no, since it literally just came out and it's already got a lot of groundswell :p

Really though, it already has over 1500 people playing it concurrently, unlike something like Whispering Willows for instance, which was bundled so quickly because it had less than 100 people playing it concurrently before being bundled. So I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Ozium

I'm going to go with no, since it literally just came out and it's already got a lot of groundswell :p

Really though, it already has over 1500 people playing it concurrently, unlike something like Whispering Willows for instance, which was bundled so quickly because it had less than 100 people playing it concurrently before being bundled. So I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

It will be bundled in a month now that you said that..

Thank you! lookin forward to it :p

eek5

Are you using the right steam community ID?

It's the one in this url:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/eek5

not the display name that you have when you log in. Also you can open a command prompt and go to that folder then type start.exe and see what the message that exists out of your session.

eek5

IdleMaster setup.. I'm having issues.

What does FULL profile URL mean?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xneoness/ ?

Also, these files don't need to be placed into the steam folder, right?

No you can run it from anywhere. Steam has to be open though. I haven't seen the new version but I'm assuming that is the URL you want. Are you having problems running it/

I dont know? 0.o does it? i just started 15 mins ago and got 1 drop.

If you're in multiple games the drop rate goes down, I guess (to prevent you from opening all your games and getting drops in all of them). IDK if a custom game counts.

fenners

So Idle-Master... Worked for the first game it found, Final Slam 2, and it sat idling for a while with all cards eventually unlocked. At that point, it terminated steam-idle but failed to relaunch it for the second game. There's no steam-idle process still resident, but it refuses to start idling the second game. I'm not playing any other games etc through Steam right now, but Steam is running. Nothing's changed from the successful run of the first game.

Code:
Checking to see if Final Slam 2 has remaining card drops
No card drops remaining
Closing game Final Slam 2
SUCCESS: The process "steam-idle.exe" with PID 6164 has been terminated.
Successfully completed app 291330
Error launching steam-idle with game ID 10500

C:\ProgramData\SelfInstalled\idle_master-master>start.exe
Finding games that have card drops remaining
Idle Master needs to idle 29 games

C:\ProgramData\SelfInstalled\idle_master-master>

Apparently 10500 is Empire Total War.

looking for 2 people to play SpeedRunners with me and Dot

please respond

I'll play a set if you have room.

Says the man who has 15 hours in Strider 2014.

5 or so of those hours were idling for cards the old fashioned way. :p
I'm also the man that gave it a negative review on Steam (1 of 2 that I've bothered to do) as well as the guy who uninstalled it immediately following unlocking the last achievement (stupid OCD).

wait Idle Master can run multiple games?? and here I am running one game at a time..

Simultaneous?
No.
Sequential?
Yes.

While I did take the advice of those who told me to enter the Hatoful Boyfriend giveaways, modbot has seemingly spared me from the shame of actually winning and then playing said game.
Have fun, Knurek... ^_^

iosefe

ok
looking for no people to play SpeedRunners with me and Dot and frost and WinterDemons

don't respond

ain't i a cheeky little one?

Shadownet

Banned
ain't i a cheeky little one?

tumblr_inline_mi575oLrLE1qz4rgp.gif

Htown

delete the steamcommunity cookies, reconnect, go through the whole process, use the new cookie data, run start
Nope, still busted.

Are you using the right steam community ID?

It's the one in this url:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/eek5
Yes.

Also you can open a command prompt and go to that folder then type start.exe and see what the message that exists out of your session.

Says
"Finding games that have card drops remaining
Idle Master needs to idle 27 games
Error launching steam-idle with game id 203140"

wilflare

Nope, still busted.

Yes.

Says

that specific game may have issues, try closing it clicking and Ctrl+C on start.exe to get it to skip that app?

Htown

that specific game may have issues, try closing it clicking and Ctrl+C on start.exe to get it to skip that app?

jesus

it took me five tries to get ctrl-c in between when the program started running and when it closed, but it eventually worked and started running the same game it said it had an error on

wut

RSLAEV

Nostalgic as fuck playing Colin McRae Rally. Would I have preferred a nice cleaned up version of Colin McRae Rally 2.0 for Steam? Well yeah, but this version reminds me of the good ol PS1 days.

I had know idea this was even being developed! This is the best Wednesday ever!

edit: damnit 4 cars?? wth?

Parsnip

Empire: Total War™ and Hitman: Absolution™, it's a good bet that the trademark sign is causing the problem.
I had the same problem with STRIDER™ / ストライダー飛竜®.

I idled the Strider cards the old fashioned way, and then relaunched idle master, and everything is going peachy again.

Nabs

Empire: Total War™ and Hitman: Absolution™, it's a good bet that the trademark sign is breaking it.

I idled the Strider cards the old fashioned way, and then relaunched idle master, and everything is going peachy again.

Looks like Htown is trying to idle in Hitman: Absolution™

fenners

Empire: Total War™ and Hitman: Absolution™, it's a good bet that the trademark sign is causing the problem.

Ah!. Yep, I'll knock Empire Total War out the queue.

wilflare

jesus

it took me five tries to get ctrl-c in between when the program started running and when it closed, but it eventually worked and started running the same game it said it had an error on

wut

:/ jshackles said he'll be working on something to allow us to blacklist/skip games etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom