• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest cool maps to add?

de_crown
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/594782829316505263/D3A6A1463C04BF392331466BCCA7BACBD69809B2/637x358.resizedimage[IMG]
[URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122521875&searchtext="]fy_poolday[URL]
[IMG]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613883504078246716/255BBC3DB854E83513567640619DA3DF727F0BF9/637x358.resizedimage[IMG]
[URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125689191&searchtext=season"]de_season[/URL]
[IMG]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3318328210999443972/E4829D3671E886F8C716F7D952BB02ECD76FB499/637x358.resizedimage[/MG][/QUOTE]

i'll add them in but I am trying to work out how to make them come up in votes instead of me having to load them up manually!

[quote="morningbus, post: 123412352"](Totally Messed)™

Also: no Serious Stream tonight.

Real life shit, ya' feel?[/QUOTE]

booooooo

[SPOILER]just accept my gift duder :P[/SPOILER]

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-07-31_05-33-15.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
booooooo

just accept my gift duder :p

I'm a terrible gift-receiver! I always feel bad that someone spent actual money on me. I do want to thank you for Dead Rising 3, though. It was an absolute shock.

PrematureQuiche is quality people, people.

Hopefully we can get back into Serious Sam in the next day or so. (I've been skirting around it but...) I just got a new puppy and she's making it hard to do these Serious Sam games -- both physically, as she still needs constant attention, and mentally, as I'm not capable of the rage required to keep playing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah I cant support this either.

-------------

morningbus haven't accepted my friend request yet.. I'm sad...
If you sent it through in the last two days, it's because I haven't been on. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I did.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

an hour-long gameplay video from Risen 3 - doesn't look bad imho

(starts about 8 minutes in)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
small update on Halfway from playing a couple more levels earlier, it changes it up a bit later on by limiting you to only a few squad members (those missions I only had 2 for example). Also it continues to be quite a bit more challenging now, so dont let the easy first hours bum you out too much (well, not that the game doesnt have reasons to bum you out, even if I am liking it)

Also, I went in the sewers in RE4, is that where the famous nope gif is from?

Teeth

Just a quick question about Idle Master (sorry if it's been asked a thousand times already):

Will using this program actually increase the play time on the games it idles? As in...is it actually idling the program/game?

Sorry, I'm weirdly particular about my playtime counts...

Khronico

Every time someone mentions Idle Master my brain reads it as Idol Master, which then confuses me immensely and makes me check to see if I'm in AnimeGAF or not.

I'm still not sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just a quick question about Idle Master (sorry if it's been asked a thousand times already):

Will using this program actually increase the play time on the games it idles? As in...is it actually idling the program/game?

Sorry, I'm weirdly particular about my playtime counts...

yes, its like youre idling the game afterall

zkylon

zkylewd
it'd be nice if that'd work for playfire "play for the first time" stuff too but i think that may be a bit too exploitative

i generally give those games a shot (unless it's some f2p crap that forces me to create an account for it) but downloading 8 gigs for 10c is kinda brutal

bakeray

Good games of CS tonight guys, I was trying to do the challenge with SMGs and started feeding so I had to get out of there. -_-

Thezez you crazy man. Just went ahead and gifted me FTL. Once all the relatives are gone, I'm gonna try it out. Thank you!
Always thought Dirt series is the unofficial successor of Colin MacRae. Nothing wrong with bit-sized games. Mostly only have time for quick sessions these days, so such games are welcome.
Monopod also wasn't taken; now I'm less nasty![...]
Next time choose Monopause.
No, I'm at the other part where the story makes no sense.
I still have to replay FC3 on PC. Kinda worried performance will be a showstopper. Mad fun game, even if Far Cry 2 had a more rooted and dense atmosphere. FC3 does a lot of other things better though. Story's definitely not the high-point though. Story Spoiler
that rape though
Need to find a way to tweet this out to Starbreeze so they know the things I am willing to do in order to play their games.
How is this not on PC?
http://i.imgur.com/rcmmWbo.jpg
How does this compare to its sequel? Videos I have seen look like artstyle changed between the two. Always up for a good FPS. On topic: Soldier of Fortune needs to come on Steam. Need it badly.
Hear heavily varying opinions on this. Some love it, others say it's totally boring. As a long game with a big world, I don't trust my impressions from short youtube videos. Care to share impressions?
I don't really know why Peter Parker is moonlighting for the SWAT teams in Payday 2, but...
http://a.pomf.se/bvjqho.webm
Also:
I was 100% accurate with 100% headshots with a silenced shotgun while under extreme duress? Guess I really am "frosty".
KuGsj.gif
Damn, do I regret having only bought Payday 1 at sale. That climbing though. It was so fluid looking, I didn't even get it was a bug at first, haha.
'Tis my birthday today! :) I thought I'd give away a little something. Apologies this isn't much - I know a lot of people have been playing this lately, and thought there may be more people who want to join in.
Congrats on your birthday, man! Speerunners is mad fun. Will play definitely in the future. It's much more entertaining with adversaries on the same level though.
A wild Far Cry 4 appears. It's going to be region-locked and the ROW sub has PRC flags, so no cheap copies.
PRC = restricted not only activating but playing too in other regions? Former would be easily circumvented with a short proxy-use, later would suck.
Game looks really good. Somehow get the feeling it's much more similar o FC3 than FC3 was to FC2. Really interesting when looking at the evolution of Far Cry; The first three games were a lot different from each other. But with the fourth, this trend seems to have stopped. Guess Ubi has set their frame on what the franchise should be from now on.

Gonna hit the bed. Sucks having not enough time to spare on Gaf.

Bit OT, but I finally - and almost too late, ha - managed to find a 30 sec game clip for the EVGA contest. Was not a specially showing of my skills, more extreme bad luck. Laughed a lot when it happened.
Here the youtube link. And here's the webm for those not wanting to leave the site. http://a.pomf.se/plhtrv.webm

Tektonic

idle-master problem with tm.... if you run sam you'll see the issue

any name with TM in it, gets parsed by sam as â,,¢ - is idle-master doing the same?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

JaseC
Let Yves Guillemot take a milky shit right on his dick and balls
(Today, 12:36 PM)

PRC = restricted not only activating but playing too in other regions? Former would be easily circumvented with a short proxy-use, later would suck.

The PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags, when used with the store, close a loophole that would otherwise allow traders to buy the sub at their local price. This is what happened with South Park earlier in the year -- the ROW sub was left wide open for about two weeks following it going up for pre-purchase. Activating gifts using a VPN isn't something I'd recommend since it technically falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom