• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sengoku Basara also has the best husbundos
tumblr_lzypn2Dwte1r67ekro1_400.jpg

Are you ready?

Dunkley

Hey there, potentially very harmful SteamGAF,

I've been wondering if someone could invite me to the gaf group on Steam. If I should have just PM'd someone about it, then sorry for this post. If asking in the thread is cool, well, my Steam's this way: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dunkley/.
Feel free to add me if you want.

I can't really tell if it's good or bad that I only have around 45 games in my library I have never touched, so around how many games do you guys have in your libraries that you haven't played yet?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Little off topic from the current, uh, discussion, but I wonder what today's Indiegala Monday bundle will have.

What...have I just walked into?

Something magical, like nothing you've ever walked into on Gaf.

I postulate that the average quality of the post in the Steam thread is directly proportional to the average quality of a game being released on Steam.

Trails can't come soon enough.

Though there are a lot of good releases this week :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yea

i'm not trusting suarez ever again

Haha, in my defence, I could have opted to keep the whole spider thing under wraps. ;)

I can't really tell if it's good or bad that I only have around 45 games in my library I have never touched, so around how many games do you guys have in your libraries that you haven't played yet?

Somewhere well north of 2,306.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I have close to 800 games in my library and I have only touched around 40 of them. I think you're good

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's never going to be safe to read this thread at work again, is it?

The shitposting (which probably sounds harsh, but it's for lack of a better term) has been a little crazy as of late. Occasional tangents are all well and good, but when the thread struggles to course-correct then there's a problem.

Arthea

Hey there, potentially very harmful SteamGAF,

I've been wondering if someone could invite me to the gaf group on Steam. If I should have just PM'd someone about it, then sorry for this post. If asking in the thread is cool, well, my Steam's this way: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dunkley/.
Feel free to add me if you want.

I think it's around 800 untouched. I have to live very long live to play them all and I totally plan to.
well... that's on steam only, we have to add a whole lot of console games, gog, retail drm free, desura, uplay and origin to that number. Anyway, it's a lot.

will add you later, when I'll get home, or you can add me now instead.

It's never going to be safe to read this thread at work again, is it?

I somehow manage, but it got a lot worse after last sale, I must say

aku:jiki

Dunkley said:
Haven't touched count is 0, as I have launched and spent 1-2 minutes in all of mine. Just to see if it immediately screams useless junk (and if it does, it goes in my useless junk category). Everything that seems like it may have potential goes in my "play later" category, which is 100+ and growing.

My biggest problem is that games are like 5-20 hours long! Every game should be 90 minutes so I can have time to finish them.

I somehow manage, but it got a lot worse after last sale, I must say
The only reason I haven't been fired over today's posts is the fact that my desk is in a corner with the wall behind me...

saunderez

My counter says 874 but we all know its a liar and I'm probably up to at least 200-300 untouched, but it's impossible to tell. I played a lot of these games over the years and on other platforms so I don't really count them as untouched even if I haven't loaded them up. And you're doing just fine, collecting games I'm never going to play has become a bit of an addiction to me and I'd probably rather be in your shoes.

Just a reminder, if you see me playing Divinity, you are always welcomed to join me.
I've reached H
unter's
E
dge
, but I'm still dealing with act 2 stuff.

Dr Dogg

Well that was a fun read this morning. I think I'm going to take a very long break from the Steam thread until this house gets itself in order because as of right now it's a mess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, in my defence, I could have opted to keep the whole spider thing under wraps. ;)
i actually looked it up on wikipedia and downloaded it and was excited about that thing, you monster

it was interesting cos my mom used to read all of saramago's novels and like psychological everything is totally one of my favorite genres (one that's no stranger to ugly ass giant bugs on screen, really) but alas it's probably way too much

i think they actually had the giant spider statue thingie here in buenos aires for a while

Arthea

Well that was a fun read this morning. I think I'm going to take a very long break from the Steam thread until this house gets itself in order because as of right now it's a mess.

noooo.jpg
don't leave, who gonna clean this mess if we all leave?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It would be cool if there was a site that would draw stats for the average completion time for games from howlongtobeat and then show you how much time you need to clear your entire steam library.

I am 22 now, pretty sure I'd be dead before completing my entire backlog

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I understand the reasoning, but it's rather amusing to me that the name Dick gets censored in Steam Community.

Edit: I never look at it as "how long it will take to play everything" or "I have to get through this huge backlog of titles". I focus on am I having fun/experiencing a fruitful experience today playing my games? Yes I am, no I'm not and time to move on to another game, Must Beat Your Highscore In Zen Pinball FX2, or still deciding if it's worth going through, that's it. A total number would only serve to make it seem like work, a job, a thing to do for the sake of whittling away numbers until some sense of "an ending" that isn't actually there.

Play what you want, enjoy the freedom to play multiple things if you so wish to. Play Zen Pinball FX 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish there was a way to make metro for steam a bit darker

i don't mind how it looks and i really appreciate it running much better than pixelvision but that grey is very ughh

and settings app doesn't let you change anything :/

Hm. Which one next, Inversion or Binary Domain?
haven't played inversion but binary domain gets sort of like three quarters zky approval

like it's a dumb game that isn't a lot of fun to play but the story and characters are pretty out there in a way that makes for a fun silly weekend or something

think something like a bulletstorm

I recently finish Batman: Arkham Origins for the first time and man, after putting 60+hrs into Arkham City, and 40+hrs into Arkham asylum it sure was underwhelming, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since it's by Warner Bros. Montreal, the people who did the Arkham City port for the WiiU which was REALLY glitchy and had loads of texture pop-in issues.

The biggest thing that bugged me was how many animations were straight up reused from Arkham City, stuff like Robin's Zip-kick was reworked, glue grenade was just a slightly different ice blast thing, and the continuity of it all kinda confused me, why does Batman have a more advanced Cryptographic Sequencer in Arkham Origins than in Arkham Asylum?

Also the DLC was kind of underwhelming as well, Cold Cold Heart has Batman and Freeze fighting it out but the boss fight with Mr.Freeze was far less interesting than the one in Arkham City, and WHY IS MR FREEZE SO OLD?! This is his first time meeting batman yet he looks ultra young in Arkham City which is set WAY later!!

Oh well, I only paid like $15 for it so no biggie really, time to give Blackgate Origins a shot now which I hear is pretty meh as well.

edit:
oh and the challenge maps were really disappointing as well, a lot of them had the same modifiers from Arkham City! ugh, I really enjoyed the challenge maps and challenge campaigns in Arkham City(Got all medals for Batman and Catwoman, currently working on Robin and Nightwing) so I'm disappointed to see this section of the game have such little change, although I guess that sums up my experience with the entire game tbh

aku:jiki

What is up with Steam censorship anyway? Like the Sakura Spirits store page with shiny titties all over the place is apparently fine but the word "dick" isn't?

Whoever is in charge of that is the worst. So american.

Dr Dogg

noooo.jpg
don't leave, who gonna clean this mess if we all leave?

Arthea I would love to say how I really feel about the direction this thread has headed in but I would get banned on the spot. So seeing as I'm only responsible for what I myself post I'm going to take a leave of absence and if this thread does need sorting out I'm sure the Mod will do what is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom