• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i actually looked it up on wikipedia and downloaded it and was excited about that thing, you monster

it was interesting cos my mom used to read all of saramago's novels and like psychological everything is totally one of my favorite genres (one that's no stranger to ugly ass giant bugs on screen, really) but alas it's probably way too much

i think they actually had the giant spider statue thingie here in buenos aires for a while

Ending aside the spider aspect isn't too bad as there are only a handful of scenes which actually contain spiders, with the rest of the representations being metaphorical (e.g. broken glass and criss-crossing wires to represent webs). It's certainly no Arachnophobia.

What are you talking about
binary_domain_3.jpg

Binary Domain of course.

At this point I'm almost certain that screenshot is the most reposted image of all time. :p

me0wish

CBmNufP.gif

I'm going to like you.

Can't wait to play SSB4 online, I really hope it has good net code.

I like to recommend it but I also like saying the flaws to be fair.

While every game has its flaws, I thought Zeno Clash was unique, fun, with an amazing atmosphere, and crazy ost and lore. All that overshadowed the flaws to the extent that I forgot about them.

It made me sad when that particular thread was deleted.
Welcome to SteamGAF!

Darakutny was my irl friend, a cat gave birth to 5 kittens in our garage and my dad wanted me to get rid of them. I gave him one, the rest of the story is as it has been told on gaf, the thread was hilarious, but its sad that the cat died in the end.

P.S thanks for the welcome :D

I added you dude, im poliwagasaurus.
<3

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Also the DLC was kind of underwhelming as well, Cold Cold Heart has Batman and Freeze fighting it out but the boss fight with Mr.Freeze was far less interesting than the one in Arkham City, and WHY IS MR FREEZE SO OLD?! This is his first time meeting batman yet he looks ultra young in Arkham City which is set WAY later!!

Looks like the DLC gave you a cold reception.

:p

As long as someone is still posting insightful impressions of games in this thread, like Raven's post, the chaos is fine with me.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
animation3nz.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kenshi -- MB-E4AE7403FB736442 - Taken by wilflare. 34 entrants total.

t1405946736z1.png

saunderez

IoTUv6A.png

Why? Why do I keep doing this?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, I've been meaning to pick up the Elder Scrolls games on PC for a while since I've retired my consoles....and I've been nostalgic for Blood for a while now, I hope its as awesome as I remember it being.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ending aside the spider aspect isn't too bad as there are only a handful of scenes which actually contain spiders, with the rest of the representations being metaphorical (e.g. broken glass and criss-crossing wires to represent webs). It's certainly no Arachnophobia.:p
yea well i'll add it to the "watch in 40 years in case i'm cured" section from my little movie notebook

but like, handful is already a handful more than i can take

just sounds like a stressful movie for me, as just talking about it has been making me look over my shoulder and feel itchy for the past fifteen minutes

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
That's a great way to theme a giveaway. Kenshi is my favorite MK character, too.

He is my third favorite MK character, after Sub-Zero and Kabal. He is also the greatest character that came out of the post MK4 era. Here's hoping he makes a comeback in MKX

Yakkue

Well that was a fun read this morning. I think I'm going to take a very long break from the Steam thread until this house gets itself in order because as of right now it's a mess.

It's not going to get better if everyone who makes quality posts just leaves or stays quiet.

JaseC

IoTUv6A.png

Why? Why do I keep doing this?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, I've been meaning to pick up the Elder Scrolls games on PC for a while since I've retired my consoles....and I've been nostalgic for Blood for a while now, I hope its as awesome as I remember it being.

The Blood games are a dollar cheaper on Steam than they are on GOG, so it's sort of like they're on sale. ;)

just sounds like a stressful movie for me, as just talking about it has been making me look over my shoulder and feel itchy for the past fifteen minutes

*cue eerie music*

He's cool and all but someone should tell him blindfolds are so 90s. Should get himself a welding helmet.
What does it matter? He can't see it.
He is my third favorite MK character, after Sub-Zero and Kabal. He is also the greatest character that came out of the post MK4 era. Here's hoping he makes a comeback in MKX
Kenshi, Sub-Zero, and Smoke are probably my top 3. I hope he comes back in MKX too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Transformers: War for Cybertron, and it was pretty awesome. I'm eager to play the sequel now.

Well that was a fun read this morning. I think I'm going to take a very long break from the Steam thread until this house gets itself in order because as of right now it's a mess.
What happened? Another drama or something?

Hm. Which one next, Inversion or Binary Domain?
I thought BD was mediocre at best, so while I haven't tried Inversion, I'll advice against the former.

saunderez

The Blood games are a dollar cheaper on Steam than they are on GOG, so it's sort of like they're on sale. ;)

If its under $5 it goes straight through my "spending money on shit" buffer. They just squeaked in along with Oblivion and Morrowind. Skyrim on the other hand had to go through the rationalisation process. It was a close call.

What does it matter? He can't see it.

Touche. But in that case, why the blindfold huh?

The shitposting (which probably sounds harsh, but it's for lack of a better term) has been a little crazy as of late. Occasional tangents are all well and good, but when the thread struggles to course-correct then there's a problem.

I know that shit has hit the fan when you use Saoirse Ronan photoshopped avatars.

Tellaerin

haven't played inversion but binary domain gets sort of like three quarters zky approval

like it's a dumb game that isn't a lot of fun to play but the story and characters are pretty out there in a way that makes for a fun silly weekend or something

think something like a bulletstorm

IIRC I hated Inversion. Imma gonna go with Binary Domain. I hated that less. Voice commands didn't work for shit though.

Vote for Binary Domain

Binary Domain is the far superior game, a satisfying third person shooter with its own ideas and ambition.

Inversion never goes far beyond being a Gears copycat.

What are you talking about
binary_domain_3.jpg

Binary Domain of course.

Binary Domain

also lock this thread...

Seems pretty much unanimous, so Binary Domain it is.

Dunkley

will add you later, when I'll get home, or you can add me now instead.

I went ahead and did, cheers, and thanks to who invited me as well.

Recently I've been playing the Ultimate HD version of Resi4 which I picked up on the Steam sale. It works amazing in combination with streaming it to the TV, and honestly I am baffled by just how much the 60FPS update adds to the game for me. Even if the implementation is a bit dodgy on some things (some animations still run on 30FPS), overall I have to say that it just feels like a much, much better experience than playing it on anything else.

On the side, I'm considering picking up Metal Gear Rising on PC, but since I'm carrying some mad mid-range specs (Phenom X4, GTX260), does anyone have some input on its' optimization?

Ozium

Seems pretty much unanimous, so Binary Domain it is.

One thing to note about BD.. while a lot of games start off great and gradually get worse BD is the opposite. If you find yourself not too impressed with the first 2 chapters keep playing. Every chapter is always better than the previous one. It just keeps ramping up and up and up...

dmix90

For the first time ever i just sold a damn single tf2 hat for the price of Divinity OS + 1 key. I don't even know how this shameful hat appeared in my inventory.... And that took like 2 minutes to find a buyer. What the hell?! What are you doing Valve this is insane.

JaseC

I know that shit has hit the fan when you use Saoirse Ronan photoshopped avatars.

Admittedly it's far from flattering, but wearing it as a joke for a week couldn't hurt. ;)

WTF @ hovering over your tag lol.

Now do the same with blame space's.

For the first time ever i just sold a damn single tf2 hat for the price of Divinity OS + 1 key. I don't even know how this shameful hat appeared in my inventory.... And that took like 2 minutes to find a buyer. What the hell?! What are you doing Valve this is insane.

What hat was it? I'm going to hazard a guess and say you lowballed yourself.

Tellaerin

I thought BD was mediocre at best, so while I haven't tried Inversion, I'll advice against the former.

Transformers: War for Cybertron was awesome. We're definitely on the same page there. :3

Saw that after I posted, so the die is cast. BD just finished downloading. :s (Hey, if I end up not liking BD now, you get to say, "I told you so!")

JaseC

"The B.M.O.C." i believe lol. Yeah.... i saw that for 13 keys before posting my offer. Gabe and co are geniuses.

Ah. You could have sold it for 13 keys and then bought Divinity yourself for 9, leaving yourself with 4 to spare, but a "loss" of 3 keys isn't really worth dwelling on.

Ban Puncher

SHITPOSTING 4 LYFE

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-9EFA6CEF43B2CD0B - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.

t1405938455z1.png

derExperte

The shitposting (which probably sounds harsh, but it's for lack of a better term) has been a little crazy as of late. Occasional tangents are all well and good, but when the thread struggles to course-correct then there's a problem.

And to think I got annoyed by Seahorse GIFs once. Those were the days.

Pls don't post one.

Shadownet

Banned
I went to bed for 4 hours.. And we got a Captain Falcon junior (welcome to SteamGAF btw! =]) Rhaknar already saying he doesn't like the kid because no avatar.

I wish Nito would go back to his old avatar and JaseC isn't sporting Saoirse natural avatar.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?

interrogation4.jpg

pahamrick

I went to bed for 4 hours.. And we got a Captain Falcon junior (welcome to SteamGAF btw! =]) Rhaknar already saying he doesn't like the kid because no avatar.

I wish Nito would go back to his old avatar and JaseC isn't sporting Saoirse natural avatar.

interrogation4.jpg

There's only one explanation.

rlZs2me.gif

interrogation4.jpg
Strange things happen in... Night Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom