• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a step up from last year.

Being out of it for a bit, I hadn't planned on watching. I have no idea what the current meta looks like.

But, here I am, twitching it. R.I.P. my Monday afternoon.
I have no idea what's going on but I'm watching it as well (noob stream).

Oh god, GAF is a scary place outside this thread today. Batten down the hatches.

(So IGN posted footage of X1 Destiny, and Bungie guy says that they are going for parity across the consoles, cue a thread of fanboys flipping the @*#& out because either "HOW DARE THEY NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE GLORIOUS EXTRA POWER OF THE PS4 THEY GIMPED THE PS4 VERSION ON PURPOSE MONEYHATS XBONE ARGLEBLARGLE" or it's "NOT REAL JOURNALISTS THEYRE ALL FANBOY APOLOGISTS ARGLEBLARGLE")

Jesus... games are supposed to be fun, right?

Turfster

Humble Simulators Re-bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Bridge Project
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Wildlife Park 3
TIER 2: 6$
  • Agricultural Simulator 2013 Gold + Historical Farming DLC
  • Pool Nation
  • Professional Farmer 2014

Milamber

sewvnj.gif

Oh god, GAF is a scary place outside this thread today. Batten down the hatches.

(So IGN posted footage of X1 Destiny, and Bungie guy says that they are going for parity across the consoles, cue a thread of fanboys flipping the @*#& out because either "HOW DARE THEY NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE GLORIOUS EXTRA POWER OF THE PS4 THEY GIMPED THE PS4 VERSION ON PURPOSE MONEYHATS XBONE ARGLEBLARGLE" or it's "NOT REAL JOURNALISTS THEYRE ALL FANBOY APOLOGISTS ARGLEBLARGLE")

I'm having fun in the beta, don't care about any haters. Any extra horsepower in the PS4 would be more evident towards the end of the console generation anyways.

taco543

here you guys go

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Instant Dungeon! (desura) -- MB-9E3A713A88D343B0 - Taken by Catshade

Vuze

AoZLYjb.gif

xeris

What's the reading level on this? My daughter who is 6 might be interested in this.

As far as I've gotten in, the cut scenes probably wouldn't be too bad. The cards can be kinda confusing so you most likely wold have to help with them. That said, they're color coded and the game only lets you play them at appropriate times (i.e. can't play combat cards when rolling to move). So, she might be able to get through on that with a little help.

Anteater

Long live a$ap

so how did the ace team game turned out

I've only played it like an hour, it's pretty cool but there are some design choices that gave the game a clunky feel, it takes getting used to, people have some minor issues with the game, the devs have been patching the game though so it's cool.

Jawmuncher

Anyone from GAF played final fantasy 3 on steam and if so how is it especially compared to the nds version.

I recall its the same as the ios version though obviously with better resolutions. The ios version was similar to the NDS version. So unless you really want FF3 again I'd skip of wait on a sale.

Ozium

GAF is a scary place outside of this thread every day, especially off-topic...
even when this thread gets batshit crazy w/ waifus and other oddities it pales in comparison to the shit you'll find in OT

HoosTrax

• Bridge Project
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Wildlife Park 3
  • Pool Nation
Humble actually managed to release a bundle that is worse than two comparable ongoing Bundlestars bundles?

• Bridge Project
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Wildlife Park 3
  • Pool Nation

Are any of the Wildlife park games as good as Zoo Tycoon? I'm been itching to play Zoo Tycoon again and I can't find it on any of the digital distribution services.

they just said its best of 5... arent dota games like 1 hour each? o_O

These pro ones tend to end a lot quicker, with a general concede option. Dudes at this level tend to know when a game is so far south that it can't be won, so they'll call it early.

Hiding and leveling while teleporting solely for surefire kills or pure safety, forcing a late game, is usually looked down as "rat dota." It's historically been an Eastern team-style, and has recently fallen prey to early-game aggression that is typical of the Western teams. Rat dota has fallen to the way side, as a result.

Again, I'm a few months out of the whole metagame of it, so I'm by no means a trusted source. This game, currently, looks similar to what I know.

Except there's Shadow Shaman!

The Humble re-bundles would be good if they re-did the Origin, THQ one and a few others but instead they do another Simulator one, Humble keep on fumblin.

It's a weird thing to get hung up on, too, because Destiny is gorgeous as it is and stinks of being several years in development and having a huge budget behind it, all of which show on the screen and all of it seeming to have come together marvelously. It's the first game this new gen that really makes me drool a bit, like gears of war did last gen and soul calibur did the gen before.

But hey, it wouldn't be a destiny thread if people weren't losing their fucking shit over something. I'm guessing that when they finally announce the master chief collection for steam next year that there will be a lot of people very upset at that, too, because console loyalty or some shit.

People should be happy in both cases to get something great but what's the fun in that?

The past few threads I've seen in regards to Destiny performance on various platforms have been almost unbearable to read for that reason.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
  • Bridge Project
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Wildlife Park 3
  • Pool Nation

oh I wanted wildlife park 3 bad, woot

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Humble re-bundles would be good if they re-did the Origin, THQ one and a few others but instead they do another Simulator one, Humble keep on fumblin.

1) Probably pretty hard to get THQ to agree to it.

2) EA probably got all they needed out of Humble and a rebundle wouldn't be in their best interest.

saunderez

Upgraded my bundle purchase, here's the leftovers!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-BAA6225994D688E8 - Taken by chronomac. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-3D404457350375B9 - Taken by Ifrit. 8 entrants total.
Bioshock 2 -- MB-584282DE065528F6 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-167BE2431631EF24 - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.

t1405967141z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
1) Probably pretty hard to get THQ to agree to it.

2) EA probably got all they needed out of Humble and a rebundle wouldn't be in their best interest.

Yep. EA didn't even make it to the second round this year despite winning the thing the past two times.

I love how mods just break over night, had Morrowind running at 1080p 120fps last night now today I can't get it to go higher than 1400x1050 at 40fps... what the hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-7E4036AB4F96AF01 - Taken by DJSebolski

also Paradigm Shift -- MB-369611C220BC8BF6 - Taken by Mavromatis still available

Salsa

I'm gonna save all the money I was gonna spend on a Venezuela trip on booze to enjoy dead rising 3 to the maximummmm yeah boi

derExperte

Lets not pretend PC gamers are somehow above that destiny parity reaction. Remember that dead rising 60 fps thread?

We pay 3000$ every six months for our PCs and so are entitled to 60fps or more.

Also I might need a userscript that hides all Destiny and TLOU threads, they're an even worse plague than SteamGAF's waifu GIFs.

jblank83

The past few threads I've seen in regards to Destiny performance on various platforms have been almost unbearable to read for that reason.

It's a valid concern. This isn't the first time this has happened, either. Watch Dogs was the previous example.

Personally, I'm not interested in seeing 5 years of multiplats gimped down to the lowest common denominator. Last generation was frustrating enough as a PC gamer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should, god forbid, I ever actually be perma'd, I hope it's by the hand of an admin and he/she changes my avatar of the time to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom