• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Because Stallion Free couldn't be bothered to copy and paste the text he wanted everyone to read:

You're stepping into a world after the outbreak of war. A war in which nuclear warheads weren't the ultimate means of destruction, rather a stage in a self-made apocalypse. A new weapon was used. Nobody heard about the Entropy charges before the Day Zero and a few remained to tell the story after.

Only two groups of people managed to survive the apocalyptic conflict. The first consisted of the lucky ones who found shelter in one of the 'sanctuary cities' hidden deep in the mountains. Their luck, however, was the first resource to run out. Soon it became obvious that these havens weren't self-sufficient. After a few years the resources started to deplete and when they finally ran dry, worn out and embittered survivors once again were forced to find a new place to call home.

Today, former inhabitants of the sanctuary cities descended into the valleys in search of fertile soil, clean water and resources to process into fuel and tools. Thus begins the RECONQUEST - slow and ardous process of taking the land back from mutants and wildlife and rebuilding the lost cities and civilization.

As for the second group... their fate remains a mystery.

YOUR MISSION

You're one of the surviving members of the Corvin family. Your task is to find out what caused the annihilation of your family and execute vengeance upon the guilty.

Every night you're haunted by nightmares. They're somehow connected to the childhood. The problem is that you're not really sure whether it is your childhood that you're dreaming about. The path you've taken is not an easy one. Along the way you'll come to realize that there are powers at work in this barren world that don't want you to know the truth.

Despite your neutrality, more than once you'll find yourself entangled in intrigues. You will reveal many mysteries of the post-apocalyptic world. Maybe you'll even discover the secrets of mythical 'Pearl of Wastelands', the image of which looms large in everyone's mind.

What's so funny about it? Sounds like your typical post-apocalyptic fare

Aaron D.

:lol

Realistically I would say more like 8 years of play. Just a random guess.

But you can probably cut out all the crappy indie games from bundles and have much less.

I wish I were as rich as Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School so I could pay someone to finish my backlog for me.

Speevy

Banned

Why Early Access?
“Early access is ideal place where we can work with our fans on the living piece of game. So we decided to give players some parts of our game, evaluate and balance gameplay together to recive what we all expect. Engaging action with immersive story.”
How long will this game be in Early Access?
“It depends on two groups of people. Us - developers and You - our fan base. We would like to release first episode in middle/end of summer, but it depends how much progress with a gameplay we'll do together during this summer. So this is our target and we will do what we can to acomplish that milestone but you have to remember, we want give u high quality indie game and it comes first.”
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“First thing that has to be said is that our game will be based on story and action gamepaly. As we do episodic series its a little bit to big spoiler to share our whole story with you on early access. This is why we decided to give u only some part of our game, that will show you our setting, gameplay and some introduction to story and dialog system. It is one of missions that you enter form the Hub and is based on linear gamepley.
The final game will be fully developed as 3 hours long chapter of gameplay in semi open world map, where u decide where to go and what to do. As it is story driven game there will be much more story, characteras and whole lore stuff of Afterfall Universe. Whats more final voice overs for each dialogue line in a game, new skills for our main character and the most importent final, balanced developed with your help, combat system.”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“What you will find on early access will be alpha version of Reconquest systems. Content wise you will get about 1 hour core gameplay and its approximately 1/4 of the full episode.. This will expand with further updates.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No we do not plan base price to differ.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“This is the most important element of the concept. We will listen to what community says. As the game has episodic format we will listen not only to bug reports but also to ideas and concepts for game improvement that may be implemented in further episodes. We may also choose epiogue from gamers ideas and concepts but this will come when the story will develop. The plan is to make as frequent updates as possible so everttime you will play the game it will be different.”

Read this.

that's not what he meant

this is

Why Early Access?
“Early access is ideal place where we can work with our fans on the living piece of game. So we decided to give players some parts of our game, evaluate and balance gameplay together to recive what we all expect. Engaging action with immersive story.”

How long will this game be in Early Access?
“It depends on two groups of people. Us - developers and You - our fan base. We would like to release first episode in middle/end of summer, but it depends how much progress with a gameplay we'll do together during this summer. So this is our target and we will do what we can to acomplish that milestone but you have to remember, we want give u high quality indie game and it comes first.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“First thing that has to be said is that our game will be based on story and action gamepaly. As we do episodic series its a little bit to big spoiler to share our whole story with you on early access. This is why we decided to give u only some part of our game, that will show you our setting, gameplay and some introduction to story and dialog system. It is one of missions that you enter form the Hub and is based on linear gamepley.
The final game will be fully developed as 3 hours long chapter of gameplay in semi open world map, where u decide where to go and what to do. As it is story driven game there will be much more story, characteras and whole lore stuff of Afterfall Universe. Whats more final voice overs for each dialogue line in a game, new skills for our main character and the most importent final, balanced developed with your help, combat system.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“What you will find on early access will be alpha version of Reconquest systems. Content wise you will get about 1 hour core gameplay and its approximately 1/4 of the full episode.. This will expand with further updates.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No we do not plan base price to differ.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“This is the most important element of the concept. We will listen to what community says. As the game has episodic format we will listen not only to bug reports but also to ideas and concepts for game improvement that may be implemented in further episodes. We may also choose epiogue from gamers ideas and concepts but this will come when the story will develop. The plan is to make as frequent updates as possible so everttime you will play the game it will be different.”

edit: argh

Hopefully it is ridiculously expensive so people don't support those terrible developers like they do with Bad Rats

And I am pretty sure it is impossible to surpass Infinite Undiscovery in terms of ridiculousness.

Shadownet

Banned
hey man - is your steam chat broken?

also - the game is supposedly really good ... but also VERY HARD to beat

And yeah I'm having trouble with it earlier.

I think it's pretty well liked. It's OMGWTF hard though. I can't even get past the first level.

My 2013 GoTY. It's a tough (but fair) retro-platformer, so it's not for everyone.

It's incredibly difficult and unforgiving, but it's great if you're into that kinda thing.

Excellent. Thank you

ev0

Doing it on Hardcore?

Do chapter 3 on hardcore and hate yourself.

Then breeze through the next two chapters. It's really bizarre the difficulty curve.

Haha, I'm thankfully not doing it on Hardcore. I can't even imagine. In an effort to clear my backlog efficiently I have forgone harder difficulty on some games.

Fellow old-school gamer, huh? Good choice but Deus Ex can fill a void you didn't even know you had.

i'm not especially an old school gamer, discovered ja2 a few years ago and blown away
it's just that good games are good games for me regardless of stuff like are they indie, are they aaa, are they old, are they new

it's always a bit sad when i see posts of people missing out because they have pre-made ideas of what an indie game is like or what a pc exclusive is like or what a snes jrpg is like etc.
i mean, for ex that (recent) post :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121452709&postcount=447

but i guess you're fine as long as you aren't aware of what you may be missing and i'm not saying this with any negativity towards people that i consider are missing out

Anteater

a nice gaffer gave me a beta code for the crew in the crew beta thread

emot-smuggog4iep.gif

saunderez

My last giveaway for a bit....if anyone is interested

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-2BE44DB1BD4F728F - Taken by redlacs

you are clearly missing the point :p

anyway cant think of anything special for the 2k, was going to make it Ultra SF4 but thats DLC >_>

Now don't you think it would have been awesome to make LU BU 2k?
I would've been greatly honored if you choose that.

However, now, if you don't choose soon, you will have your 2000th game chosen by a member of SteamGAF, I'd wager.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

However, now, if you don't choose soon, you will have your 2000th game chosen by a member of SteamGAF, I'd wager.

Here's some advice: don't choose the Greenlight Submission Fee.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Point & Click Adventure Nelly Cootalot on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=281925854

That looks pretty okay.

I'm having a trip from hell I hate Buenos Aires I'm fighting with my gf all the time I think we broke up and I miss this thread

is that weird/sad

It's not that weird. Sucks to hear about your gf :/

More people should buy this, it's not really that bad. Rng is prominent, but it's still fun.

Omg no one noticed that before

ohyou.jpg

i'm not especially an old school gamer, discovered ja2 a few years ago and blown away
it's just that good games are good games for me regardless of stuff like are they indie, are they aaa, are they old, are they new

it's always a bit sad when i see posts of people missing out because they have pre-made ideas of what an indie game is like or what a pc exclusive is like or what a snes jrpg is like etc.
i mean, for ex that (recent) post :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121452709&postcount=447

but i guess you're fine as long as you aren't aware of what you may be missing and i'm not saying this with any negativity towards people that i consider are missing out
Damn, that's so sad. What a view to have.
My top ~60 games on my wishlist are basically indie only. Like you said, a good game is a good game whether the budget was 10.000 or 10.000.000$.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I wish I had saved it too, I didnt even realise I was this close. and if by chosen you mean gifted, I can always keep it in the inv :p

if you just mean suggestions, Ill gladly take those. Wish GTA5 was purchasable.

Here's some advice: don't choose the Greenlight Submission Fee.

I dont even know what that is

My last giveaway for a bit....if anyone is interested

Great series, this. I got back into playing Warband, but it's getting frustrating because we're currently at war with everybody and there's seemingly no end in sight. I managed to pick off two factions and am working on a third, but it gets damn hard when every faction is on your ass and the faction leader isn't calling any truces.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just save any unused keys in a text file and any Steam purchases in your inventory until you buy it.

I dont care THAT much :p and I actually want to play Halfway tomorow so

user237

This one-time fee will grant your Steam account access to post and update as many of your games as you like within Greenlight. All proceeds from this fee (minus taxes) will be donated directly to Child’s Play, a charity dedicated to improving the lives of children in over 70 hospitals worldwide.

Interesting, I didn't realize you could submit more than one game with the same greenlight fee.

Knurek

Anyone here beat Teslagrad?
Judging from playtimes from my friendlist, corrosivefrost and Galdere did.
Any of you who played the game instead of card farming, let it be known that I just beat that boss
Jeez, what an adrenaline rush that fight was. I'm not even that mad about all those deaths when Blink decided not to register and the boss toasted me. Seriously.
That phase 3!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You've started off on a confrontational step but I'll ignore it.

There was complex level design on SNES by NES standards. The question is how complex, how many polygons, how many moving objects, how much destructable geometry, how complex the physics running (e.g. water, wind, etc), and so on. The more processing power, the more the developer can do with it. Whether the complexity of the level design on Xbox 1 is sufficient for your standards is not the question.

The question is how much can be done on a top of the line PC compared to an Xbox One (or on a PS4 versus an Xbox One, if that's your concern), and will that occur in the next 5 years, or will it not because developers want to target the lowest hardware platform possible. Right now it might not look like a huge difference, even though the Xbox One GPU is very poor in comparison to top end PC GPUs. In 2 years, 3, it will be an even bigger difference, and an even bigger concern.
We hAve already reached the point where budgets limit that more than hardware does I think.

Copons

Ozium

Does your boyfriend turn into a Pigeon then?

your boyfriend IS a pigeon

and you go to a posh school for pigeons

The player character is a human girl who is attending St. PigeoNation's Institute, and is the only human at the institute. As each of the pursuable male pigeons are introduced throughout the game, they are shown with an anime version of what they would look like as a human, though this is only shown for the first meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom