• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I dreamt that Sega had released Project Diva F and F 2nd on Steam and that I was playing F 2nd.

I'm not sure what part of that dream is the most depressing, that I'm now dreaming of playing games or Steam or that I'm dreaming about Project Diva coming to Steam.

That's a nice dream to have.

taco543

man the movements for TR underworld are kind of fucked, it's not like they added anything meaningful to it other than the animations are all completely different

somehow the story is related to both legend and anniversary (a 1996 remake) which i find impressive :lol
How have I never played this?! Man I may have to download it...

Turfster

This might be interesting for people interested or still on the fence about Unrest:
My favourite podcast has the writer of Unrest as part of their cast, and their latest one has about 19 minutes of talk about the game.

AHA-Lambda

Probably a dumb question but is the Syberia series or the Dreamfall series worth a look if I don't typically like the old school point and click adventure genre? I hear they are classics but I am still wary nevertheless.

Benedict

I see there is a Walking Dead comic bundle on Humble Bundle. You also can get three issues for free without buying the bundle. Considering buying it for the other titles not related to Walking Dead, that I've already read.

Oh, and this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-C3E3224557F0136B - Taken by johnssy123

Cth

For someone who's never played the FlatOut series, which one should I get?

Figured I'd pick something else up if I get 100% OJ.

EDIT: Wait, I own FlatOut already?! yeesh :D

Anteater

How does that even work? I still need to play it, honestly.

Well the animations are quite different than legend and anniversary if you've played those, they just don't flow the same they added more animations on environment interactions and in general they transitions aren't really too smooth, I've run into many collision problems like lara's getting stuck and pausing instead of allowing me to keep moving when holding the direction, she trips over and twitches a lot when walking over certain objects and areas, the camera is jerky/twitchy, etc. Combat isn't quite as quick and snappy compared to the previous games.

It's just not very polished and actually introduces more problems than the previous games while adding nothing meaningful other than extra animations that just makes the game feel more clunky (at least from what i've played so far)

If you're talking about the plot, underworld is a direct sequel to Legend and has recurring character(s) from anniversary :D

Probably a dumb question but is the Syberia series or the Dreamfall series worth a look if I don't typically like the old school point and click adventure genre? I hear they are classics but I am still wary nevertheless.

The dreamfall series is very good, more of a focus on story and characters over gameplay though. The first one is an old school obtuse point and click adventure game that is great, the sequel is a third person adventure game with some action elements which are crap but has a great story.

The Syberia games are old school point and click adventures with steampunk inspired obscure puzzles.

Sky Chief

I had Syberia on my wishlist, is Syberia 2 good as well? Each game is $0.99 but together they are $1.49.

There is also this bundle on Steam for $2.99 http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44455/

The other games are Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals, Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy, and The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses. Are these games any good?

Syberia 1 is great, I haven't played 2 yet but I've heard it's good but not as good as 1...

Thanks!

Anyone have any input on the other games in the bundle?

Gah, just had a peek in "My Documents", so many game folders all over the place. I have a look in the "My Games" folder and find even more game saves being stored in there. Why can't they just all be in the same place?

dot

man the movements for TR underworld are kind of fucked, it's not like they added anything meaningful to it other than the animations are all completely different

somehow the story is related to both legend and anniversary (a 1996 remake) which i find impressive :lol

I think i remember playing through this on the ps3. I actually kind of liked it...

Turfster

Gah, just had a peek in "My Documents", so many game folders all over the place. I have a look in the "My Games" folder and find even more game saves being stored in there. Why can't they just all be in the same place?

Games used to be saved in the game's folder. Easy to find, easy to copy.
Then Microsoft came along and told devs they should use their shiny new my documents for that "to make it tidier"... and then a few years later, they changed it up again because why the fuck not.

On the fence about BLOOD OF THE WEREWOLF.

Eh. It's kind of a terrible platformer with wonky controls.

I was...

fabletlcxeciu.jpg

...but I haven't played it since, and I honestly believe that my interested dropped like a rock because during my last playthrough I maxed out my character as best I could (some spells are somewhat tied to your alignment), found the last Hero Doll and Silver Key, opened the last Silver Chest and unlocked the last Demon Door -- there are no more bars to fill or collectables to obtain. :(

If some day I develop a game I'll make sure to put an infinite number of randomly generated collectables just for you.

Anteater

I think i remember playing through this on the ps3. I actually kind of liked it...

It's not bad, they kind of focused on something they're not good at but the puzzles and platforming were fine, just lack a bit of polishing, it just doesn't control as well as the previous games

the game look pretty as hell though

Then Microsoft came along and told devs they should use their shiny new my documents for that "to make it tidier"... and then a few years later, they changed it up again because why the fuck not.

I can understand not having them stored where the rest of the game is, seperating the saves so that users can't automatically access each other's saves on the computer is a good thing to me. But they've definitely made it too much of a mess.

yGray

Banned

Really? First time I've seen someone call it a bad platformer.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tempy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau XCOM Declassified -- MB-5EF990FDDDEDCECE - Taken by jmizzal. 14 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-8984161B16ED1D6C - Taken by daisysmurf

t1405985924z1.png

Blorp.

Elija2

Yeah, tell me about it. I've stopped using my Documents folder for storing actual documents because it's been overrun by a million game folders.

Tomorrow should be Dark Souls 2 DLC #1.

I'm in a slump right now, though, and I haven't been in the mood much for gaming. Hopefully, this pulls me out.

Mono

I am LOVING Deponia!! \o/ The game is hilarious and gorgeous; and while most of the puzzles take a while to figure out, they're reasonable. I think it's only in the complete edition, but the "quest log" is pretty funny and helps if you get stuck.

If you get a weird item and click on it, the main character will drop a subtle hint for what it needs to be used for, which is a bit rare in point-and-clicks.

I always get people randomly adding me as a friend on Steam, then they ask if I want to trade something in my inventory, and then get butthurt after I very politely say say it's not for trade. Sometimes I wish I could make certain items hidden from the public. It's almost always TF2 items.

Do we know the price ?

Season Pass.

I haven't seen anything that shows them packaged separately. They may require the full Season Pass purchase of $24.99, currently.

The dates looks like:
Those 3 chapters will lead you to confront new fearsome bosses and hosts of new ennemies through entirely original areas and will respectively be released on July 22nd, August 26th and September 23rd.

The misspell on ennemies is directly from the Steam page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom