• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
hey guys - I'll be streaming our Killing Floor session ... so if anyone's interested, here's the link: link :)

Haha I say all day I'm down to play Killing Floor, time comes I forget it's not even installed :p. Thankfully my internet is still okay at this hour and the download is going hella fast!

Strazyplus

Man... I would have been all up in those fries. I consider myself pretty damn fit, but I don't understand how some of these "celebs" just stand there when there is delicious free food staring you down. Hell, I don't give a crap if they were there for the whole day.

its because its there for looks not eating. They want YOU to go eat those fries.

jblank83

Man... I would have been all up in those fries. I consider myself pretty damn fit, but I don't understand how some of these "celebs" just stand there when there is delicious free food staring you down. Hell, I don't give a crap if they were there for the whole day.

Even the power of celebrity isn't enough to resist all this delicious McDonald's brand food, now with healthy oil frying options. Ask about the new super extra hungrygamer size, and don't forget to make it a delicious new DewMeal. Dew the meal. Realgamers eat realMcDonald's brand food product. McDonald's means delicious. Get your McGamer points and win great new levels and items in your favorite blockbuster shooting games. McDonald's is life. Eat it down.

Hugstable

Banned
I haven't played it since the ps2 era either. Umm....let's just say there are like twice as much characters! lol Oh and i think there is a new faction. I've only played for about 20 minutes so i still haven't checked out most of the new stuff yet.

Yeah I don't think I've played one since 3 or 5 either though, even though I actually really enjoy the series. I've been waiting more for the Hyrule Warriors take, but I avoided the PC one this year since I heard some controller issues. I always sucked at these games too, I spent so much time on 3, but I didn't get far at all, maybe a few levels in cause I kept dying. I was a bit younger then though haha.

Feep

Banned
Hmm, that radial-menu user interface starting at 0:40 looks really clunky / slow / console-ized. Hope there isn't too much form-over-function going on in the PC version.
Yeah, we're thinking of reworking it. The problem is that game makes it VERY VERY CLEAR you are some dude in a base somewhere, giving commands to soldiers. It doesn't make sense (and would change the tactics/strategy/feel of the game significantly) to just click a soldier a right-click somewhere, because that's not actually possible in real life.

We wanted to simulate "building" a voice command, but if it isn't fun, it isn't fun. We'll be doing a lot of focus testing on that stuff.

Backlogger

some unclaimed extras from my last giveaway. please take them!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SpaceChem -- MB-27EFF2267D98D614 - Taken by celsowmbr
Gun Monkeys -- MB-B889A2AE4F9F7A0B - Taken by Leg-End
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-BDF23F69086A8DF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Bioshock -- MB-0D6ADC4337BB95F1 - Taken by Pop

ev0

Well, as detailed in my post in the D:OS OT here, I have more copies of the game to give away. Unlike before where I released both at the same time, I'm varying up when I post the raffles and the rules for them. First copy goes up tonight with a givers only restriction.

Awesome giveaway!

Divinity OS might be my most entered Modbot game lol

Arthea

It's time for me to get some sleep but I hope in one of these days (maybe even tomorrow) we'll saturate some.

a thingie to think about for newcomers:
all cards get mixed, and you get random ones, if you choose good cards, especially damaging ones and they end up in your enemies hands you will die a lot, and dieing a lot means losing miserably, but! if all choose bad cards, nobody will be using them, you get my meaning?

such a good idea. game is kinda long though sometimes

not kinda, it is long, but choosing smaller, simpler maps helps some, as we know

Man, I forgot that the Steam version of Morrowind doesn't come with the construction kit, and I have no disc drive to install the one that came with my TES Anthology. I need to redo a couple custom mods I had done for my Xbox version of Morrowind :/

Might be eyepatch-wearing time.

Sky Chief

I have a Visa Debit gift card with $60 on it that is about to expire. I would like to add the money to my Steam account before then.

Is there anything in particular that I have to do / look out for?

I seem to remember people saying that they got their accounts suspended when trying to add M&M rewards and do not want anything similar to happen to me.

I have a Visa Debit gift card with $60 on it that is about to expire. I would like to add the money to my Steam account before then.

I seem to remember people saying that they got their accounts suspended when trying to add M&M rewards and do not want anything similar to happen to me.
Yeah, I think you get locked out of using the market for a week after you add a new payment method.

Their accounts werent suspended.

If you use a new payment method though, you cant buy in the Steamstore for like 5 days or something like that and use the market IIRC.

UncleBiz

to avoid getting locked out or whatever, just add it as a card on paypal, then add the $60 to your steam wallet using paypal and pick that card to use. that's what i did with the m&m stuff at least, no problems

Momentary

Banned
its because its there for looks not eating. They want YOU to go eat those fries.

Even the power of celebrity isn't enough to resist all this delicious McDonald's brand food, now with healthy oil frying options. Ask about the new super extra hungrygamer size, and don't forget to make it a delicious new DewMeal. Dew the meal. Realgamers eat realMcDonald's brand food product. McDonald's means delicious. Get your McGamer points and win great new levels and items in your favorite blockbuster shooting games. McDonald's is life. Eat it down.

I don't eat fast food at all, but if was at an event like that with McDonalds sitting on a random table, they wouldn't have even had time to get a product placement shot in before I snatched the shit off the table.

Shadownet

Banned
Not a whole lot has changed between 3 and 8 tbh, 8 is a really solid game though in the series, it blows the last one I played (6) out of the water. I don't know what they did to fuck up 6 so bad but I couldn't play it

DW8 on PC runs at 60fps and you have like 3x more enemies on screen compared to the PS2 games.

damn.. i might bite if it ever goes down to $10.

-----------------

what is this saturated game everyone is talking about?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
following up on GMG having Evolve for 59.99€, I noticed on Gamefly its listed for £44.99, which is even more than Advanced Warfare!

so A) 2K is crazy if they think Evolve is some sort of multi million dollar seller like GTA or COD and B) the future where 59.99 €/$ is the norm for PC games is nearer and nearer

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-9BA825F3E2DA8C2A - Taken by Chariot. 16 entrants total.
Feeeeeeep!

t1405985624z1.png

Okay, since Skydrive doesn't let you upload files larger than 2GB, I couldn't upload Morrowind in just one zip file, so it's in 8. Comes out to just under 5 GBs, and the whole thing is over 8 when extracted. If you guys wanna use this you're welcome to--this was mostly for my uses, but it might honestly be faster to torrent the overhaul mod and then install it yourself. But since a couple of you wanted this I'll leave it here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=45289EB2236BDEFE!5939

I need something to do until tomorrow after naxxramas releases for hearthstone.... staring at a list of about 200 games not knowing which to play.... hmmmmmmm.

edit:
Maybe someone wants to co-op a game?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/PIKMIN%20DURACELL.jpg[img]

Subtle wouldn't be advertising very well, would it?[/QUOTE]

The thing is to me - making your item be recognizable, but not stick out speaks more to me as a customer. That kind of stuff just makes me shake my head and go "Are you serious?"

Like you see all the TV shows with laptops or cell phones that are clear product placement, but its not like they're slowpan-ing over the apple logo on a macbook before the cut to scene or anything. There is a fine line there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom