• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

to avoid getting locked out or whatever, just add it as a card on paypal, then add the $60 to your steam wallet using paypal and pick that card to use. that's what i did with the m&m stuff at least, no problems

Fuck, somehow that has now caused my PayPal account to get locked down and they want me to send them all kinds of documentation

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need something to do until tomorrow after naxxramas releases for hearthstone.... staring at a list of about 200 games not knowing which to play.... hmmmmmmm.

edit:
Maybe someone wants to co-op a game?

Hearthstone xpac comes out tomorrow? Damn, how much is it

Beelzebubs

All 5 wings $24.99 €21.99 £17.49 $31.99
Remaining 4 $19.99 €17.99 £13.99 $24.99
Remaining 3 $14.99 €13.99 £11.49 $18.99
Remaining 2 $9.99 €8.99 £6.99 $12.99
Individual wings $6.99 €5.99 £4.99 $8.99

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The thing is to me - making your item be recognizable, but not stick out speaks more to me as a customer. That kind of stuff just makes me shake my head and go "Are you serious?"

Like you see all the TV shows with laptops or cell phones that are clear product placement, but its not like they're slowpan-ing over the apple logo on a macbook before the cut to scene or anything. There is a fine line there.

Not to marketing/brand managers. They have specific requests stated in contracts for their sponsorship.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Complete kawaii waifu saturation? I'm more than ready for the saturating.

b260fba4226247830ad4c84285b8e74735b928c9.png

Though X-COM is taking up a lot of my gaming time right now. Started playing UFO Defense yesterday and I'm hooked. Playing through it at the moment and just finished a terror mission in Berlin, really suspenseful and rad. It's been a while since I've played a game that's drawn me in so much.

Also played a bit of Dark Scavenger earlier, it's pretty decent. It's sort of a combo of an adventure novel/visual novel and a turn based combat RPG.

I wonder when steam is getting ff9. I heard that is a thing... rumor at least... maybe just a dream?

I'd love for this rumor I've never heard of to be true :/

They are releasing 1 wing every week. The first week will be unlocked for free if you load it up within the first month of release as a promotion.

Each wing is 700g or (iirc) 7 dollars if unlocked individually.

If you buy all the wings at once with cash, they cost 5 dollars per wing you haven't unlocked.

So if you buy all the wings except the first since it is free the first month, then you pay 20 bucks since there are 5 wings. Or you could pay 700g per wing then 5 dollars per wing afterwards (or 7 if you only buy 1 wing with cash).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They are releasing 1 wing every week. The first week will be unlocked for free if you load it up within the first month of release as a promotion.

Each wing is 700g or (iirc) 7 dollars if unlocked individually.

If you buy all the wings at once with cash, they cost 5 dollars per wing you haven't unlocked.

So if you buy all the wings except the first since it is free the first month, then you pay 20 bucks since there are 5 wings. Or you could pay 700g per wing then 5 dollars per wing afterwards (or 7 if you only buy 1 wing with cash).

oh you can use in game gold to buy them, thats cool. not that I have any since I havent played HS in months, but good to know

Chariot

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-9BA825F3E2DA8C2A - Taken by Chariot. 16 entrants total.
Feeeeeeep!

t1405985624z1.png
Awww, shit, it's Sequence, I already have the game. Gonna stock that for slow days in SteamGAF.
Anyways, thank you whoever made the giveaway.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I wonder when steam is getting ff9. I heard that is a thing... rumor at least... maybe just a dream?

I'd be all over that... but I wouldn't expect it. If we get anything else at all I'd wager we're more likely to get another Mobile -> PC port like we did with FF3.

If you're planning anything like this SE - I would not say no to Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on steam. Just saying...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those that have done so, just how difficult is it to mod Grand Theft Auto IV? While I dislike the game play and don't care for the story at all (main game), I do love the art that is the city and would love to travel about it as Spider-Man, but only if it's basically a simple process to do so.

PIKMIN%20DURACELL.jpg

Subtle wouldn't be advertising very well, would it?

The subtlety there was the fact Pikmin takes place on a post-apocalyptic Earth where all of humanity is long since dead. Silly Nintendo and their happy thoughts.

Kanokare

Just won a competitive CS:GO on Insertion... in less than 5 minutes. The guys were trying to de-rank themselves. Got my assignment done but it was lame of them :/ Smurfing is serious business.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't kill the first enemy in Ys 1, I feel so pathetic. I read the tutorial and tried to bump his side and/or from an angle, but it only takes a tiny bit of his health bar. I managed to take most of it once, but I ended up dying. Am I meant not to kill him until later? Or do I simply suck?

I need a new background. Anyone got a recommendation? something you can buy from the market for a dollar or less.
I keep feelin' like I need a Steam background but I'm just so unsatisfied with the choices. There are a lot that are close to being good but then botch it in some way and blah. Might just stick to stock as bland as that is.

My girlfriend banned me from spending any more money on games this month. How can I spin 100% Orange Juice into a must have relationship building experience?

Indignate

My girlfriend banned me from spending any more money on games this month. How can I spin 100% Orange Juice into a must have relationship building experience?

If you can get through a game of it together without wanting to break up after, then your relationship is golden.

It's the ultimate test.

Shadownet

Banned

I keep feelin' like I need a Steam background but I'm just so unsatisfied with the choices. There are a lot that are close to being good but then botch it in some way and blah. Might just stick to stock as bland as that is.

Some that I own and like:
Super Meat Boy - meat splatter on top left, the gang on bottom right
Universe Sandbox - Galaxy Collision
Sid Meier's Civilization V - Space
Holiday Sale 2013 - UFO
Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - RED VICTORY!!!!!!! ALL OTHER TEAMS SUCK!!! HAHAHA YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!!!
Zoo Rampage - Penguin/Gorilla
tDjAbv9.png
Hearts of Iron III - Iwo Jima
tDjAbv9.png

ohhh thanks guys. i might go with the civilization one. but you're right, most of the choices are unappealing.

Sharkiller

different strokes for different folks. i've tried dota and other mobas, couldn't get into them. league is fun for me, but then again i've been playing it for a long time. league's big international tournament is in sept/oct, worth watching if you enjoy dota. the pros put in just as much work as dota pros

I saw the previous lol tournament and i didn't like a bit. I don't like how you need to play in that game.
for me Smite is the most fun to watch.

H1PSTER

Anyone got into (or back into) Kerbal Space Program since it has gone on sale? The new career mode is quite something.

It's frustrating at times, since I am no good at building rockets to do certain things (like get to x atmosphere at x speed) and just do trial and error, but other then that I am quite enjoying it.

What are your experiences guys?

Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - RED VICTORY!!!!!!! ALL OTHER TEAMS SUCK!!! HAHAHA YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!!!
Is it bad that I'm legit kinda jealous of red team now? I mean the whole event was stupid but the badge awarded is just so spiffy. Gold trims, a trophy with a star, a crown, I mean can you possibly show off more? The other badges look poopy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wow that's much better than the one I got when I completed the badge.

Chasing badges to get emotes or BGs is a fool's errand, just buy that shit direct, 99% of what's on Steam is 3 cents and you can get a lot of the rest for cheap if you game buy orders.

Is it bad that I'm legit kinda jealous of red team now? I mean the whole event was stupid but
the badge awarded is just so spiffy. Gold trims, a trophy with a star, a crown, I mean can you possibly show off more? The other badges look poopy.

That's because the other teams were poopy. The fact that they got badges at all is a gesture of mercy by the far superior red team, like when you see an ant and choose not to step on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom