• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
The badge for Battlepillars Gold Edition is worth it even if the backgrounds suck. Adorn your profile with nice lil apple.

73ba922a10bb40e9f32af7ba16b272871f301f85.png

Save up your Steam wallet and hoard keys, they'll tuck you in at night and tell you they love you.

image.php

This thread lol. I love reading back a few pages to see where it's been.

I finished AC3 finally and now I am pondering what to play next on my backlog over summer before the next semester. Maybe crank out some Indies or a bigger game.

Thoughts?
Definitely not another AssCreed game, you'll get super burned out!

Lomax

193 foil badges. Yeah. What the fuck.

She was one of the earliest big card/badge collectors, she hit level 100 during the trading card beta as I recall. Funny thing is that probably cost more then than the next 150 levels have.

I want more waifu backgrounds but they are all so expensive.

I crafted the Agarest Zero badge and from the 5 backgrounds only one has a husbando and of course I got it...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Remember to equip the sword once you get it, that's the step I always forget.
Will do, thanks a lot!

Don't feel bad if you decide to jump to Felghana. I loved all the games, but I mainly recommend 1&2 to those who are planning on playing Origin.

Just remember: Felghana isn't that hard. It just does a bad job at explaining the leveling system. The game expects you to explore a lot and level up before hitting the next boss. You'll know you've maxed out your level when enemies in that area stop giving you meaningful amounts of XP. The reason people call it hard is because if you hit a boss while under-leveled, you won't do shit for damage. It's crazy what a single level will do.

You level real fast in Ys, so take your time and level up. Also remember to upgrade your equipment. Each upgrade helps.
So I have to grind some levels before fighting the bosses, and always upgrade my equipment. Thanks for these tips!

I'd like to finish both Ys 1 and 2 before jumping to Felghana, but if for some reason I can't I'll still play the latter.

I'd like to finish both Ys 1 and 2 before jumping to Felghana, but if for some reason I can't I'll still play the latter.

Yeah. The leveldifferences are the most important part. Just one level can make the difference between "fuck, how do I beat this boss" and "what? what a cheap boss".

Seriously. I remember at the beginning I had problems with one of the final bosses in Origins. Then I leveled up for 2 levels and it felt like I cheated...

Altazor

Will do, thanks a lot!

So I have to grind some levels before fighting the bosses, and always upgrade my equipment. Thanks for these tips!

just a small digression to appreciate your avatar. While WCD isn't one of my favorite Genesis albums, I quite love plenty of songs in there. "Driving the Last Spike" may even be one of the best things they ever did.

Carry on, gentlemen!

Genki

Played about an hour of Ultionus. I think it's pretty good. You're not very mobile and you can only fire in a few directions while standing still(except while jumping) and it's built well around those constraints. Constantly respawning enemies means you never have a moment's rest and while there are plenty of checkpoints, you have limited lives so you'll probably have to replay some levels. Even if you dislike this, the levels have alternate routes and hidden stuff to find. There are some scrolling shmup segments interspersed. Seems to be very short, but with alternate endings and an unlockable difficulty. Other than that the pixel art is pretty good, as is the soundtrack by Jake Kaufman.

I was quite salty with the performance/graphics for the ps3 version (yea I was that guy :p) after my 360 died, so I'd probably play it again on pc just to take screenshots :p

The x360 version of RE6 was terrible. I platinumed the PS3 version.
I had actually cancelled my preorder because of the crushed blacks.
Then I played the PS3 demo thinking "oh, this will be the same" but it wasn't... and I went on to re-preorder and then spend 80+ hours with the game.

Concerning RE6.

I totally think far too much money and details were pumped into the wrong game. I mean the HK levels are full of little details. The textures are really great, they have just more than one texture for calenders and a lot of models for shit you dont even notice in a 3rd person shooter.

I wish they would have put those things into an exploration game or in a game where you can really "appreciate" the beauty and details. Those assets feel totally wasted in a fast-paces 3rd person shooter, where you run around all the time...
I made some screenshots of all the different little things in the HK levels no one would even notice with some translations of what is said on calenders and such things in one of the old steamthreads.

To expensive. Right now I am using this background, because the 99 Spirits backgrounds besides the rare ones are quite cheap and feature chibi waifus:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chairmanchuck

Game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sequence -- MB-661AFE9349B88F76 - Taken by iosefe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom