• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apparently didn't double check closely enough and accidentally bought BioShock 2: Minerva's Den this morning from GMG, though I am pretty sure this morning Steam said I didn't own it. Does anyone not have it that needs it?
I don't have it! Still available?

Edit: Never mind. I assume you want to sell it. :p

taco543

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/290990-Jill%20(Profile%20Background)
9b212162aa0cc0f106280aa75fc1f8c49e579e57.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/290990-Clara%20(Profile%20Background)
2efba194639abbe551f310631d8fae19be6ab06e.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/290990-Marian%20(Profile%20Background)
762864f6f1361869999771c5d490598df33682e9.jpg

Jawmuncher

header_292x136.jpg

Since Grief.exe wanted to hear my thoughts on RE5. After playing a bit more tonight to refresh my memory figured I'd do a post for everyone else who hasn't played it yet.

RE5 is my 2nd favorite game of all time. I rarely make a fuss about a game unless it's something that can just hook me. RE5 is just one of those games that even with it's departure from earlier titles. I couldn't help but absolutely love it much like RE4. The story is goofy campy fun. That tries to take itself seriously that just adds to the enjoyment. Any scene with wesker is evidence enough. The faster gameplay and heavy focus on melee create one of the most satisfying coop or sp experiences one can enjoy. A good part of that is thanks to the lack of being able to move when aiming. To me it really adds to making the game suspenseful as well as tactical in a sense. Since knowing when to fight or flee and wondering if you have enough time to pull what you need against the enemy adds a sort of risk/reward throughout the entire game. I want to keep this short and not get to heavily into the game and everything about it. But simply put the fast gameplay coupled with the cheesy yet fun story equals a game that shouldn't be missed.

*Unless you don't like Resident Evil being an action game. In which case you're SoL on this one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you don't mind reading a lot, the game's blog is great.

launch trailer is great. What usually is a make or break with me, game's lenght, is actually something im less and less worried about these days, in fact, give me more short games, I barely have enough time to play games as it is :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems Im the only person that doesnt care about backgrounds. I would care if they showed up on the store page (one of my fave things about sales, or big game releases, is when the store page has a background, the black is boring), but I rarely go to my profile to see them as it is

I dont know. This "fake" anime-style reeks of deviantart.

There are so many good artist, that can make them look good, but why do these games always hire some artist, that tries to copy the japanese style, but fails.

Ventara

So we're talking about waifu backgrounds now? I'd buy one now, but we all know a Sakura Spirit background will just top it when it releases, so I'll just wait for that.

I'd go with the Dark Knight one since it's the cheapest.

Edit: How do you guys check Market Transactions. I can see what I've sold and all, but I don't see my purchase and sales total. I have to manually add them up myself to find out.

taco543

I was looking at these the other day and would've liked to use one but the stupid girls are in the way!
but, but... theyre soo homely.
I dont know. This "fake" anime-style reeks of deviantart.

There are so many good artist, that can make them look good, but why do these games always hire some artist, that tries to copy the japanese style, but fails.

I guess its usually what they can afford theyre like eh, lets just get our friend who really likes anime to draw some backgrounds up for our game and we'll pay him in a volume of naruto lol

The crazy eyes. Also I went to the game's store page and mostly of the reviews are negative towards it.

I honestly expected nothing less, and yes the eyes they consume you with love!

seems Im the only person that doesnt care about backgrounds. I would care if they showed up on the store page (one of my fave things about sales, or big game releases, is when the store page has a background, the black is boring), but I rarely go to my profile to see them as it is

I couldn't even tell you when background I'm using. That's how little fucks I give.

I guess its usually what they can afford theyre like eh, lets just get our friend who really likes anime to draw some backgrounds up for our game and we'll pay him in a volume of naruto lol

Usually they arent even drawn bad. Thats not the problem. But something about a lot of the art western artists try to imitate looks strange. You can often directly see they just try to imitate japanese styles, but cant even find their own style.
A lot of the deviant-art looks the same.

Anyone remembers those OEL manga by tokyopop? Thats what I mean. Like 80% of those looked bad, while only 20% really could capture the anime/manga style.

taco543

Usually they arent even drawn bad. Thats not the problem. But something about a lot of the art western artists try to imitate looks strange. You can often directly see they just try to imitate japanese styles, but cant even find their own style.
A lot of the deviant-art looks the same.

Anyone remembers those OEL manga by tokyopop? Thats what I mean. Like 80% of those looked bad, while only 20% really could capture the anime/manga style.

Yeah I'm not saying theyre bad either, but they have that look to them, it's something about the draw style you can just tell, thats what I meant by mine instead of finding someone who can genuinely draw it so it looks like eastern legit, they just said forget and paid theyre friend who can draw good but just cant make it seem like its directly from an anime.

I added before the csgo night matches and got declined ��

You have to be good enough to make Shadow's friend list.
I'm sorry, Sharkiller, but you did not make the cut. :(

--

I like that Jul background, so I switched over to it -- the scaling is fucked up so it hides half of her. :S

Shadownet

Banned
I added before the csgo night matches and got declined ��

You gotta tell me you're adding me otherwise I wont know who you are unless I recognize your name from GAF. im sorry :( resend me an invite?

--------
You have to be good enough to make Shadow's friend list.
I'm sorry, Sharkiller, but you did not make the cut. :(

Oh hush you, you know thats not true. I accept everyone.

--------

However my friends list is open to all if you can find my profile page.
Hint:It's the same as it is here

Me too :) don't listen to Frost. He just doesn't want to lose me to anyone.

Feep

Banned
Everyone who sends me a PM in the next four hours and twenty seven minutes gets a free Steam copy of Sequence!

Because whatever man.

I'm serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom