• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
twau now that is finished maybe they add cards at the same time that official translations.

ps. today was not supposed to be released twd episode 4?

tomorow, just in time for midweek madness

please?

Strazyplus

I was surprised that Activision didn't go for the card business, I thought they craved cash. Just think of how much extra money they can make by simply adding cards to CoDs.

Their player base is screaming kids, they are not exactly in the "nerds" category.
funny huh? back then if you played video games you were a nerd? funny huh?

2014-07-21_2304.png

Sky Chief

I am trying to play Binary Domain on my 3440x1440 monitor but it is all jacked up. When I set it to my monitor's default resolution the top and bottom of the screen are cut off but there are black bars on the side. There is no 2560x1440 option but oddly enough there is 2560x1080 and 1920x1440. How can I get this to display decently?

I was able to adjust the game so that the top and bottom fit on the screen but the aspect ratio is all wrong, it's like 4:3 or something

Any suggestions?

Played about an hour of Ultionus. I think it's pretty good. You're not very mobile and you can only fire in a few directions while standing still(except while jumping) and it's built well around those constraints. Constantly respawning enemies means you never have a moment's rest and while there are plenty of checkpoints, you have limited lives so you'll probably have to replay some levels. Even if you dislike this, the levels have alternate routes and hidden stuff to find. There are some scrolling shmup segments interspersed. Seems to be very short, but with alternate endings and an unlockable difficulty. Other than that the pixel art is pretty good, as is the soundtrack by Jake Kaufman.
I can't possibly tell you how much I love that she has a little tummy!
And that trailer music, good, sooo good.

yeah man ... maybe tomorrow or something ... we'll probably be playing on the easiest difficulty - just letting you know :)
Gonna watch your stream later. Interested in how Killing Floor actually plays.
Enco, Soma and cHinzo know well that I am not very strategic in L4D2. They had to save my ass several times, ha.
Everyone who sends me a PM in the next four hours and twenty seven minutes gets a free Steam copy of Sequence!
Because whatever man.
I'm serious
Just got Sequence today. How did you come to the idea to merge rhythm and rpg though?
And your new project There Came An Echo looks like you're following your ways of unusual game design. Very interesting. Congrats on that stellar cast, too! Will Wheaton, wow!

On an unrelated note. ricochetguro has such a classy style with his avatar. Just re-realize it every time I land on his steam profile page.

Jawmuncher

I was able to adjust the game so that the top and bottom fit on the screen but the aspect ratio is all wrong, it's like 4:3 or something

Any suggestions?

Did you try the screen size adjuster in the actual game?
If not that if you have a nvidia you could further try and force it from there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I ended up doing:

Canyon Capers - KEY1-WENT-HERE;RioFeverDLC;KEY2-GOES-HERE

Yeah, that's fine. Basically ModBot will read anything on the same line as part of the key, unless you don't give it a game name to begin with, then it needs to try to figure out if the line is supposed to be a key or a rule or nonsense, and that's when it starts getting picky.

Feep

Banned
Just got Sequence today. How did you come to the idea to merge rhythm and rpg though?
And your new project There Came An Echo looks like you're following your ways of unusual game design. Very interesting. Congrats on that stellar cast, too! Will Wheaton, wow!
I was basically playing Puzzle Quest and generally having fun and considering that fact that RPG elements can literally be grafted onto *anything*. And being a huge DDR nerd, I thought, why not?

And thanks! TCAE is definitely equally bizarre. There are still many surprises... >.>

yGray

Banned
Wow, looking at the Transistor backgrounds, I'd say it's the best thing to come out of the game. They're too expensive, though.

(Don't hurt me... too much.)

There's a background for some no name game that's selling for almost $17. The background is called black wolf or something.

Levyne

Banned
I need a new background but don't care for waifu ones. Those banner saga ones look nice. Maybe I'll go for one of those.

Jawmuncher

Wow, looking at the Transistor backgrounds, I'd say it's the best thing to come out of the game. They're too expensive, though.

(Don't hurt me... too much.)

I have no interest in Transistor aside from the fact that it has a Female Protagonist.
Though perhaps I should beat Bastion since I know both are a bit similar.

Backlogger

I am trying to play Binary Domain on my 3440x1440 monitor but it is all jacked up. When I set it to my monitor's default resolution the top and bottom of the screen are cut off but there are black bars on the side. There is no 2560x1440 option but oddly enough there is 2560x1080 and 1920x1440. How can I get this to display decently?

I don't have the game installed anymore so it's hard for me to help but I did play it at 2560x1440 without doing anything special. Of course that's my max resolution, maybe the game doesn't know what to do with your widescreen setup. Have you tried editing any config files?

Zalusithix

One bump before I retire for the night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zalusithix, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-27E56CCF9E52D245 - Taken by Exuro. 175 entrants total.

t1406068483z1.png

taco543

Huh, i didn't know this was on steam. Added to wishlist... >_>

and thanks for linking the other backgrounds!

lol np im just going through trying to find some waifu backgrounds and posting back here for anyone interested next post is the last tho, cos thatll be all I could find lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Love is a super addictive game. Fun and short. But I end up playing a ton hoping I can improve.

how short are we talking about? Been trying to clear some of the ol' backlog lately

Articalys

Had no idea that there was a "waifu backgrounds for Steam profiles" culture until now. I only recently actually started using any background at all after I got a neat abstract-ish one from the Antichamber badge.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, that is how I got the top and bottom of the game to be on the screen

Hmmm. I'm guessing you might have to either deal with it being slightly cutoff.
Or reducing the resolution from less than what your monitor actually is and adjusting from there. The port while solid always had a pretty big issue with the resolutions.

Backlogger

According to this Gaffer BD doesn't support 21:9

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=116961284

Sarcasm

So...odd bug/glitch in Sleeping Dogs.

I am in a dialogue with a person and cops show up. So I have to run but even before I get control of my character the police get me. Which fails me..but it happens everytime.

Do I really have to start over all the way back?

Jawmuncher

Really would be nice to have a "shuffle" option for backgrounds.
I have so many and switching between a few of the good ones would be nice.

Or as often discussed some sort of crafting system. I'd totally use 5 wallpapers to craft a random card for the games I have played or something.

taco543

Thanks for doing this. I think I found one I like that's pretty cheap.

lol np dude enjoy!

Really would be nice to have a "shuffle" option for backgrounds.
I have so many and switching between a few of the good ones would be nice.

Or as often discussed some sort of crafting system. I'd totally use 5 wallpapers to craft a random card for the games I have played or something.

Both would be epic as crap! lol

Coldsun

Banned

May want to take a look at downloading flawless widescreen from www.wsgf.org

Ventara

Last batch of ones I could find. And hey out of it I finally found a waifu background I like thats not too expensive. lol

Thanks for posting them! Not sure if I want to spend money on a background, but there are some really cheap ones. My profile is so barebones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom