• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Is there any way to play vanilla FTL? I don't want to do advanced edition stuff until I immerse myself in the native release...

or is there no point in doing that?

for instance I am playing BoI with the dlc uninstalled until I unlock most of the stuff from vanilla then I'll turn the DLC on..

yGray

Banned
So...odd bug/glitch in Sleeping Dogs.

I am in a dialogue with a person and cops show up. So I have to run but even before I get control of my character the police get me. Which fails me..but it happens everytime.

Do I really have to start over all the way back?

Can you abandon the mission?

Is there any way to play vanilla FTL? I don't want to do advanced edition stuff until I immerse myself in the native release...

for instance I am playing BoI with the dlc uninstalled until I unlock most of the stuff from vanilla then I'll turn the DLC on..
There's really no point, but there's a toggle on the ship select screen, IIRC.

Athleon

I believe there is an option in game to disable the extra content, let me check for details.

Yup, there is an option to enable or disable AE content when you start a run.

There is a button/toggle at the start of the game that you have to turn on for Advanced Edition content.

I believe there are a few small changes, like balance changes, that are applied either way, but the actual content has the handy toggle.

taco543

oh also its not a waifu but honorable mention:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/263320-Share%20Bears
5792dc4b1d2f9298302988f4d8c1c96fb7a891f8.jpg

I was laughing so hard when I saw this.

dot

Really would be nice to have a "shuffle" option for backgrounds.
I have so many and switching between a few of the good ones would be nice.

Or as often discussed some sort of crafting system. I'd totally use 5 wallpapers to craft a random card for the games I have played or something.

Yeah that would be nice! There are quite a few backgrounds that i like that i want to rotate every now and then.

oh also its not a waifu but honorable mention:

I was laughing so hard when I saw this.

what.....

Giveaway time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (harrypmgaga, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock -- MB-A1B88DE088D89044

t1406002229z1.png

Speevy

Banned
Something new for ya.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-2BC0F0E235409EB9 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 20 entrants total.

t1406002529z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
7WPItT4.jpg

Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus
OFFICIAL DRY RUN THAT STILL TOTALLY COUNTS, BRO.

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room.

M&M Scoreboard Post:

96 from Jawmuncher
78 from Toki767
60 from Anustart
54 from Morningbus
36 from default two
36 from Mono
30 from Mokoi
24 from BinaryPork2737
24 from dot
24 from CorrosiveFrost
24 from Cloudius12
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
12 from Cheddahz
12 from Gunstarheroes
12 from Chocobro
12 from tylerf
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Stallion Free
6 from Xclash
6 from Myshkin
6 from Servizio

Total: $618.

Special thanks to the following:

Servizio was serviceable with one code!
Toki767, took 767 codes! Or 3, to be more accurate!
CorrosiveFrost paid the cost. The cost was 1 code.
Cloudius12, into his pockets he delved and clawedforus 1 code.

Speevy

Banned
Because it got buried

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Freedom Planet -- MB-2BC0F0E235409EB9 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 20 entrants total.

t1406002529z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Really would be nice to have a "shuffle" option for backgrounds.
I have so many and switching between a few of the good ones would be nice.

Or as often discussed some sort of crafting system. I'd totally use 5 wallpapers to craft a random card for the games I have played or something.

Something like that would be nice and would probably make me have more than one background in my inventory, but I doubt it'll happen because Valve.

Half life 3

I would eagerly and happily sacrifice HL3 for Steins;Gate on Steam.

Sky Chief

Hmmm. I'm guessing you might have to either deal with it being slightly cutoff.
Or reducing the resolution from less than what your monitor actually is and adjusting from there. The port while solid always had a pretty big issue with the resolutions.

According to this Gaffer BD doesn't support 21:9

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=116961284

May want to take a look at downloading flawless widescreen from www.wsgf.org

Thanks, I will see what I can do. I will just be happy if I can get it to run at normal 16:9

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this +1 is still available btw

Paradigm Shift -- MB-369611C220BC8BF6 - Taken by Mavromatis

Jawmuncher

Nice to see the SS stream going.
Going to bed but I hope its fun for everyone but MorningBus.
If you do another i'll try to join.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume it will eventually, but has anyone from Bungie actually confirmed that? I rather not have to wait a full year for it to come to PC like GTA V.

you move a pointer around with the analog stick in all the menus, like it was a mouse. But no, nothing official, and it will probably be a 1 year type deal like GTA5

I assume it will eventually, but has anyone from Bungie actually confirmed that? I rather not have to wait a full year for it to come to PC like GTA V.

The PR-guy just said something like "We wont rule it out but first we focus on the consoleversions. Like planned DLC, the PC-version is something we look out for."

Something like that. He really hints at it in all the interviews I saw.

Would gladly join morningbus in Serious Sam but it's 6am here -.-
Why is he playing with a controller though? This is one of the twitchiest games out there.

Deitus

Watching the morningbus Serious Sam stream. I've only played the third game, and I thought it wasn't bad. But I didn't realize that literally all of the same enemies are in 1 and 3, basically completely unchanged. That's going to be so monotonous if he is going through all three games in succession.

I'm playing 100% Orange Juice
(no idea what I'm doing)
and I can't read my cards on my tv when the game is set to 1080p. It also crashes when I tab out of it. Despite all that and just now getting completely wrecked by a boss, I'm enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom