• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm running it :3 shoo shoo!

Either it will be Secret Santa or White Elephant. Just gotta figure out which one is more fun.

If its Secret Santa. Instead of a description for the games. It will be a vague description of your personal Secret Santa.

Then you have to guess which person that is from a list of participants. :)
MS Paint recreations of our secret santa's avatars.

Caerith

Either it will be Secret Santa or White Elephant. Just gotta figure out which one is more fun.

If its Secret Santa. Instead of a description for the games. It will be a vague description of your personal Secret Santa.

White Elephant is usually just an excuse to give people things they don't want. So, pretty much business as usual for all you Bad Rats gifters.

saunderez

Just played a bit of Freedom Planet and I like it a lot. It's clearly inspired by Sonic in more than a few ways....Hell it even plays like Sonic at times (when you're playing as Lilly at least), but I think the more traditional segmented health mechanic makes it a a bit more relaxing to play. Levels are crazy long though, took me nearly 15 mins to get through the first stage. Looking forward to playing some more.

Arthea

I feel like I have to do my party pooper act yet again, after all it's my job!

guys... I hate to inform you, that Christmas is ... 5 months away still. It's like half of the year.
Who knows what will happen in that time.

I don't know what you're talking about. Who here doesn't want Bad Rats?

*raises hand*

_hekk05

Banned

Let's have a thread where each person will post what s/he donated to the pool. Once all the donations are in, there will be a list of vague descriptions for all the donors, and you can guess from that list

jerry1594

If I buy the physical copy of Singularity and add it into my steam library, whats the difference to buying it from steam? 30 bucks for digital is ridiculous when the disk is ten.

Shadownet

Banned
Let's have a thread where each person will post what s/he donated to the pool. Once all the donations are in, there will be a list of vague descriptions for all the donors, and you can guess from that list

Wait why am I the only one guessing?

Don't you mean everyone get a chance to pick?

I think donation should be done privately via PM. If you donate publicly which game yours donating. It will be pretty easy to match up the games with the descriptions.

If I buy the physical copy of Singularity and add it into my steam library, whats the difference to buying it from steam? 30 bucks for digital is ridiculous when the disk is ten.

Singularity retail copies don't activate on Steam.
You can add it as an external game after installing it, but you won't be able to own and download it on Steam.

_hekk05

Banned
Wait why am I the only one guessing?

Don't you mean everyone get a chance to pick?

I think donation should be done privately via PM. If you donate publicly which game yours donating. It will be pretty easy to match up the games with the descriptions.

Yeah everyone guesses.

But I want really vague descriptions... T.T

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
guys... I hate to inform you, that Christmas is ... 5 months away still. It's like half of the year.
Who knows what will happen in that time.

2-and-a-bit Steam sales, the theatrical release of Lost River and god I hope a concrete start date for Mary Queen of Scots because I'm starting to get worried.

zkylon

zkylewd
Go into the game's properties in steam and check the dlc tab. Mine was downloaded but not installed. Just uncheck and check the box to install it.
finally accessed it

turns out instead of resting at majula bonfire i had to warp to majula bonfire from somewhere else

started a bit of the dlc, i'm excited

It seems that despite the app being set as released, there's no actual data attached to it:

30 bytes is 30 characters in a plain text file.

Edit: Unless the data is included in the primary depot for DS2 proper, but if the DLC isn't present then I would assume Scamco just hasn't uploaded the data.
whatever you just said i don't know

jerry1594

Singularity retail copies don't activate on Steam.
You can add it as an external game after installing it, but you won't be able to own and download it on Steam.
Yeah I figured. Are there any other differences? Not being able to get badges and achievements and use steam servers I guess?

_hekk05

Banned
Yeah its going to be really vague.

"Bad people are running wild in this place, and this dude have to put an end to it."

Guess that one?

Probably stump.

Maybe some descriptions that can work for multiple gaffers? For example: This poster gets avatar quoted when games of a questionable nature are discussed

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. The leveldifferences are the most important part. Just one level can make the difference between "fuck, how do I beat this boss" and "what? what a cheap boss".

Seriously. I remember at the beginning I had problems with one of the final bosses in Origins. Then I leveled up for 2 levels and it felt like I cheated...
Hahaha, that's weird. A single level can make all that difference? If I find it too hard I'll just level up then.

just a small digression to appreciate your avatar. While WCD isn't one of my favorite Genesis albums, I quite love plenty of songs in there. "Driving the Last Spike" may even be one of the best things they ever did.

Carry on, gentlemen!
Aww, that's awesome! I consider it one of their best albums, but then again my tastes are rather strange. The song you mentioned, "No son of mine", "Never a time", "Living forever", "Way of the world" and "Fading lights" are incredible in my opinion, and often overlooked.

Not to mention that the album notes have small drawings for each song, which are beautiful. In fact, I considered using some of them before I settled for the cover.

Mono

Fiiine! :p I think secret santa would be more fun; that way we can investigate to find out what kind of games our giftee likes!

I'd be up for Secret Santa. :)

Shadownet

Banned
Fiiine! :p I think secret santa would be more fun; that way we can investigate to find out what kind of games our giftee likes!

Oh I think that would be pretty easy to figure out for most of us here XD I like Secret Santa much better too.

White Elephant. You run the risk of the person already having the game if you do the whole stealing thing. Plus this is SteamGAF:3 stealing isn't nice.

_hekk05

Banned
Maybe because its 6 am. But I did not understand your example at all. I'm sorry :(

That's the description you sleep-starved dummy lol

Poster who gets avatar quoted when games of a questionable nature gets discussed.

Can be Milamber (tongue sticking out), Man Puncher (sailor moon sniggering), or marcozombiecannon (sweatingman.gif)

aku:jiki

I don't want Bad Rats. So there has to be a rule against it in the game, right? No joke gifts?
I have no horse in this race, but I have to post that the Bad Rats joke is old and stale as hell and being the only guy who gets a Bad Rats gift when everyone else gets Witcher 3 would be pretty disappointing.

Plus, we're financing the most evil publisher on Steam by repeatedly buying that shit. Can't we try to stop doing that and pick a joke that doesn't benefit Satan?

Shadownet

Banned
I don't want Bad Rats. So there has to be a rule against it in the game, right? No joke gifts?

Yeah no joke gifts. You have to tell me what you're buying first before you buy it. If its Bad Rats or anything like that. You're not allow to and must go buy something else.

That's the description you sleep-starved dummy lol

Poster who gets avatar quoted when games of a questionable nature gets discussed.

Can be Milamber (tongue sticking out), Man Puncher (sailor moon sniggering), or marcozombiecannon (sweatingman.gif)

I think the last 2 description are too specific. Heck I could have figure them out.

I think the description should be partially about the poster's avatar and the way they behave in SteamGAF.

Example: this person is obsessed with this celebrity, and is pretty much always there to answer your ridiculous questions.

Guess who that is.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have no horse in this race, but I have to post that the Bad Rats joke is old and stale as hell and being the only guy who gets a Bad Rats gift when everyone else gets Witcher 3 would be pretty disappointing.

Plus, we're financing the most evil publisher on Steam by repeatedly buying that shit. Can't we try to stop doing that and pick a joke that doesn't benefit Satan?
Horse? Now you'll make everyone start gifting that unicorn game, please staph!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom