• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree.. Bring back that waifu.
image.php

Shadow, just tell us, bro.

Shadownet

Banned
Guys! I just have a brilliant idea for Christmas if you guys wanna hear it. Something fun we can do as SteamGAF.

(I know its early)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I want an ass creed that takes place in 1980s Blackpool

Shadownet

Banned
We should do a Secret Santa within SteamGAF :D

I still have to work out the details of how this is going going to work over the internet, but I'm pretty sure we can make this work.

Gifts cannot be over $10 in value. Unless you get yours from a Russian.

It can be something whimsical, something you know that person will get a laugh out of, or actually something that person will actually want.

OR

We can do a Yankee Swap.

Gifts cannot be over $10.

I still have to work out the details.

Ozium

I still have to work out the details of how this is going going to work over the internet, but I'm pretty sure we can make this work.

It can be something whimsical, something you know that person will get a laugh out of, or actually something that person will actually want.

OR

We can do a Yankee Swap.

I'm familiar with SS but what is a Yankee Swap?

Ozium

yeah I participated in one of those at work once, just didn't know the name...

we should combine yankee swap with mario party/orange juice for maximum salt potential

Jadax

OR

We can do a Yankee Swap.

OR a steamGAF gift train?

New thread (maybe) for the gifting train, 1 person runs it (updates periodically with the people entering, already gifted, already gave their gifts to the next person etc.).

How it works:

I enter.

So conductor (person running it) updates his post with my name. Then you enter. Then the conductor updates his post with your name below mine, so that means I have to gift you. Then MarcoZC enters, and that means you have to gift MarcoZC etc. etc.

e: I just think a secret santa will be too much work for something that's meant to be fun, and will probably burn-out the person running it fast. No idea what a yankee swap is.

Shadownet

Banned
I'll probably limit this to like 60 SteamGAF members who sign up first. We can't do everyone unless I figure out a good system for it.

And no Bad Rats or Rad Bats.

Shadownet

Banned
OR a steamGAF gift train?

New thread (maybe) for the gifting train, 1 person runs it (updates periodically with the people entering, already gifted, already gave their gifts to the next person etc.).

How it works:

I enter.

So conductor (person running it) updates his post with my name. Then you enter. Then the conductor updates his post with your name below mine, so that means I have to gift you. Then MarcoZC enters, and that means you have to gift MarcoZC etc. etc.

e: I just think a secret santa will be too much work for something that's meant to be fun, and will probably burn-out the person running it fast. No idea what a yankee swap is.

I kinda like that. The only thing is that it take the mystery out of who is gifting it to you and which gift you're receiving.

At least with Secret Santa and White Elephant, you can find out in the end after all the fun have been had.

Shadownet

Banned
secret of the magic crystals it is!

I'm assuming us SteamGAFers are too honest and good to be gifting cheap ass games that you can get from a humble bundle $1 tier.

I should probably do the min being $6 and max being $10.

At least I hope most of you guys are >_>

Ozium

I'm assuming us SteamGAFers are too honest and good to be gifting cheap ass games that you can get from a humble bundle $1 tier.

lol just joshin'

speaking of the humble bundle, I have a feeling that today's bundle is going to be GLORIOUS

Arthea

secret of the magic crystals is no cheap game, though
it's 5€ here, meaning $7 or so! (><)

Jadax

I kinda like that. The only thing is that it take the mystery out of who is gifting it to you and which gift you're receiving.

At least with Secret Santa and White Elephant, you can find out in the end after all the fun have been had.

Yep, definitely. Just an idea though, select whatever you find best fits the theme of the season.

Also, it might be tough to monitor if someone gifts below the minimum $$$ unless we send our gifts to the 1 person running it beforehand (which works too). So the person running it will have all the gifts (and info. on who it's from), and can then gift them out according to the secret santa pairings.

zkylon

zkylewd
huh either the dks2 dlc is as obscure to start as dks1's was or it's not out yet

bamco community manager said on twitter "My sources now tell me Dark Souls II will unlock on Steam at 9AM PDT, 6PM CET. (Embargo has lifted though - So watch out for spoilers!)" so i'm thinking the latter

what the hell is going on

also fuck if from wasn't trolling us with the damn chest lawl

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Everyone always says that.

Reminds me the Game Informer cover cycle.

GI: "New cover being unveiled tomorrow. [Innocuous tease]."
The internet: "OMG IT'S TOTALLY HALF-LIFE 3!"
GI: *reveals cover; isn't HL3*
The internet: "GAME INFORMER IS SO MISLEADING! THEY SUCK!"

Shadownet

Banned
Just make it a secret santa. People enter, we toss all the names into a hat or something that'll pick one at random, one person delegates the names out, etc.

I gave this some thought. Maybe it could be like this.

I'll be the Gamemaster (that mean I'm sitting out)

Everyone buy a gift, then tell me what it is privately. I'll go write a very vague description about them all.

Then I'll post all the games on here with their description, and just "Game 1" "Game 2" etc.

The first person who name get draw out of the hat get to pick one of the game from the list, the 2nd person get to either pick from the pile of games, or steal the 1st person gift. And so on.

After the last person choose, the first person get to steal or end the game. At the end of the game, I'll send the gift to the person and reveal on GAF who won what :D

-----

@Jadax. We thought of the same thing XD lol

huh either the dks2 dlc is as obscure to start as dks1's was or it's not out yet

bamco community manager said on twitter "My sources now tell me Dark Souls II will unlock on Steam at 9AM PDT, 6PM CET. (Embargo has lifted though - So watch out for spoilers!)" so i'm thinking the latter

Go into the game's properties in steam and check the dlc tab. Mine was downloaded but not installed. Just uncheck and check the box to install it.

AngerdX

Yah was thinking the same have a minimum cost, and max, anything within those would be a ok.

A just regular secret santa would likely be easiest to do, but i´m open to anything really heh

I gave this some thought. Maybe it could be like this.

I'll be the Gamemaster (that mean I'm sitting out)

Everyone buy a gift, then tell me what it is privately. I'll go write a very vague description about them all.

Then I'll post all the games on here with their description, and just "Game 1" "Game 2" etc.

The first person who name get draw out of the hat get to pick one of the game from the list, the 2nd person get to either pick from the pile of games, or steal the 1st person gift. And so on.

After the last person choose, the first person get to steal or end the game. At the end of the game, I'll send the gift to the person and reveal on GAF who won what :D
Ooo, that sounds good too.

We have plenty of time to hash this out though, so don't sweat it too much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It seems that despite the app being set as released, there's no actual data attached to it:

271942 Dark Souls II - DLC 1 (271942) Depot 30 B

30 bytes is 30 characters in a plain text file.

Edit: Unless the data is included in the primary depot for DS2 proper, but if the DLC isn't present then I would assume Scamco just hasn't uploaded the data.

Tellaerin

Why you no have 360 pad? C'mon, man.

No spare cash to throw at the problem right now. >.> Besides, this Dual Shock 2 has gotten the job done for a long time. Picked it up to play the PC version of Phantasy Star Universe when the game dropped, along with a Playstation 2-to-PC adapter from Radio Shack. So that would've been, what, late 2006? Thing's served me faithfully for close to 8 years (!) I can't really ask more than that from a piece of hardware.

Shadownet

Banned
Ooo, that sounds good too.

We have plenty of time to hash this out though, so don't sweat it too much.

I probably will end up making my Inventory private for the duration of the game so no one will try to peak at my inventory and guess which game is which :p

Watch this will be the description for one of the games.

"There once was a-- Its Original Sin!! Pick this one!!" XD

No spare cash to throw at the problem right now. >.> Besides, this Dual Shock 2 has gotten the job done for a long time. Picked it up to play the PC version of Phantasy Star Universe when the game dropped, along with a Playstation 2-to-PC adapter from Radio Shack. So that would've been, what, late 2006? Thing's served me faithfully for close to 8 years (!) I can't really ask more than that from a piece of hardware.
Wow, yeah that's some dedication. I never got into PSU, but I did play PSP which I hear is similar/the same.
I probably will end up making my Inventory private for the duration of the game so no one will try to peak at my inventory and guess which game is which :p

Watch this will be the description for one of the games.

"There once was a-- Its Original Sin!! Pick this one!!" XD
Watch me pick that one, thinking "I finally have it, it's mine!" ... and it's Rush Bros.

Shadownet

Banned
Yay, secret santa! o/ That sounds fun; I'd have no problem running it if no one else wants to!

No I'm running it :3 shoo shoo!

Either it will be Secret Santa or White Elephant. Just gotta figure out which one is more fun.

If its Secret Santa. Instead of a description for the games. It will be a vague description of your personal Secret Santa.

Then you have to guess which person that is from a list of participants. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom