• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how you could recommend a Razer product with a straight face.

I believe the DeathAdder is the only mouse to use a decent sensor, and even that has extensive QA and reliability issues.

I love my naga. Maybe i wouldn't if i had used other mice with apparently better sensors, but I've had it for 3 years and love having the numpad on the side.

Into the Stars reminds me so much of Star Trek Bridge Commander. Loved that game.

Too bad I'm trying to save money for this Amazon sale coming up or I would have considered buying it.
Just googled and watched videos of Star Trek Bridge Commander. Never heard of it. What a neat idea and game!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just googled and watched videos of Star Trek Bridge Commander. Never heard of it. What a neat idea and game!

It was arguably the best Star Trek game ever created. You should play it.

Backlogger

I know Skyrim isn't everyone's cup of tea around here but I started playing it (again) recently. I think it had to do with the Fallout 4 announcement and trailer and the feeling I should finally get Skyrim out of my backlog.

So anyway, since I was sort of ignoring the DLC content (with plans to play if after finishing the main quest line) I had no idea that you could build your own house. After I figured this out I disappeared down a rabbit hole and didn't come out of it for 4 hours or so, and I am still not done building all the possible "decorations".

I hope Fallout 4 will have this level of content and things to do. It looks like it does from the gameplay videos I have watched. Even though Skyrim has wonky combat I love games that you can disappear in.

Even though I'm not done yet here is my current Skyrim review: http://steamcommunity.com/id/backlogger/recommended/72850 ;)

Parsnip

That's a big list of W3 notes.

At least they are talking with us. WB is silent about Batman AK Patch and there wasn't any new entries in SteamDB for two days now.

To put a positive spin on it, it could mean that the build they have been testing for the last two days is proving stable and hasn't needed updating.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
NVIDIA HairWorks 1.1

HE6Ze25.jpg

Khronico

I know Skyrim isn't everyone's cup of tea around here but I started playing it (again) recently. I think it had to do with the Fallout 4 announcement and trailer and the feeling I should finally get Skyrim out of my backlog.

So anyway, since I was sort of ignoring the DLC content (with plans to play if after finishing the main quest line) I had no idea that you could build your own house. After I figured this out I disappeared down a rabbit hole and didn't come out of it for 4 hours or so, and I am still not done building all the possible "decorations".

I hope Fallout 4 will have this level of content and things to do. It looks like it does from the gameplay videos I have watched. Even though Skyrim has wonky combat I love games that you can disappear in.

Even though I'm not done yet here is my current Skyrim review: http://steamcommunity.com/id/backlogger/recommended/72850 ;)

Have you delved into the mod community yet? I was incredibly disappointed by vanilla Skyrim but after extensive modding it becomes quite awesome (Although the melee combat is still total trash).

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Blue Rose -- MB-793E2593703A0B1D - Taken by nightstorm
Super Chain Crusher Horizon -- MB-D754C4B32D73747B
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-3C099F30D4C978D7 - Taken by TheAutomator
Fake Colours -- MB-4AA348E1F50FC72A - Taken by xGreg
Project Root -- MB-963D1CE5494922CB

Dying Light for £29.99 on the GMG Summer Sale and then down to £24 with the 20% off voucher. Really tempted to bite, does anyone know if it's been lower anywhere before? £20 is the magic number for me but I really want to play it.

Patch notes for the upcoming Witcher 3 patch.

A lot of good things in it. Too bad they probably won't release it before next week.

Some much needed fixes in there.
Stash is obviously big news.
Some things that I was hoping they'd fix since I started playing the game:

Fixes an issue whereby the player's horse would often stop abruptly before bridges or other narrow passages.

Adds a Books tab to the Inventory panel.

Adds a feature whereby read and unread books are marked differently in the Inventory panel.

Better late than never.
I haven't beaten the game yet, it's one of my favorite games ever but it's so hard to find the damn time to play it.

ViviOggi

I should be getting some steam time in tonight. I installed a bunch of local multiplayer games to play with the roommates I picked up over the summer sale:

double dragon neon
toybox turbos
sacred 3
geometry wars 3

also installed these from the summer sale for my single player enjoyment:

strider
walking dead season 2

so many games. so little time.
How is there no MOTHERFUCKING GANG BEASTS on that mp list

Caerith

Speaking of mice, my G500 seems kinda broken, which one should I get? Without build-in acceleration would be nice this time.

Kinda late response, but what's broken about it? Mine developed a double click problem, but after opening it up and resetting the spring it's been good as new for over a year now.

Backlogger

Have you delved into the mod community yet? I was incredibly disappointed by vanilla Skyrim but after extensive modding it becomes quite awesome (Although the melee combat is still total trash).

Oh yeah, I definitely play with mods, but only those that are graphical or visual.

Grief.exe

Dirty Bomb Double Credit Weekend starts in about 45 minutes.

Starting at 18:30 UTC on Friday, July 10th and ending at 17:00 UTC on Monday, July 13th, all matches in Dirty Bomb will reward an additional 100% Credits. Even better, this will stack with any Credit Boosters in effect, giving you a grand total of 4x the normal Credit reward!

Start Date: 17:00 UTC, Friday, July 10th
US Pacific: 10:00 AM PDT
London: 18:00 BST
Sydney: 3:00 AM AEST, July 11th

wilflare

game is made by a local Singapore studio
- think you guys would enjoy it !
- hope Toma gives this a try too!

EDIT: I played this, helped to beta test it (not much...) when it first launched on the iOS in 2012.
my OCD got in the way though - I was trying to perfect a battle/mission without any troops dying.

I hope it's black instead.

That would be more interesting but I want my baby Burnout back.

And I mean actual Burnout, not Paradise, not saying it was bad but, not my kind of thing.

I am talking Burnout 3 Takedown, my favorite racing game of all time, level.

However didn't that thing they show at E3 last year have like helicopters or something? I don't even think it is going to be Burnout.

That would be more interesting but I want my baby Burnout back.

And I mean actual Burnout, not Paradise, not saying it was bad but, not my kind of thing.

I am talking Burnout 3 Takedown, my favorite racing game of all time, level.

However didn't that thing they show at E3 last year have like helicopters or something? I don't even think it is going to be Burnout.

Same here. Screw paradise, the open world killed burnout. Crash Mode or bust!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
game is made by a local Singapore studio
- think you guys would enjoy it !
- hope Toma gives this a try too!

EDIT: I played this, helped to beta test it (not much...) when it first launched on the iOS in 2012.
my OCD got in the way though - I was trying to perfect a battle/mission without any troops dying.

I played one of the iOS versions of this, it's pretty decent.

Last time they did this didn't they get a lot of flack for not including the Last of Us or something?

People got mad that this PC based website didn't include console based or console exclusive games, yeah.

It was pretty silly. Surprised at their number 1 to be honest.

Hektor

Last time they did this didn't they get a lot of flack for not including the Last of Us or something?

I remember people beeing rightfully mad because they didnt included AoE and AoM in the list of the 50 best Strategygames. The site died for me that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom