• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

is there on Steam a game like Aquanaut's Holiday where I can just cruise around the ocean and look at shit? occasionally find something strange but otherwise just explore?

I am installing DEPTH right now because it is free weekend and I had it on my wishlist but now looking at it it seems that it is multiplayer? so uhh... I need explore

10x
you should have bought the good life when I did

it doesn't quite meet your criteria, but it is a good life, what else can you ask for?

on more serious note, have you played Salt yet?
I kid, I kid

Arthea

the good life is a resort sim tho it's not about swimming the seas

yes I have played Salt. I bought it for a dollar via a 90% coupon ages ago.
I should refund it due to lacking any presence of angelina jolie

you actually swim the seas in the good life, how would it be good otherwise?

ViviOggi

Ozium played a lot of Salt last weekend actually

So we are back to translucent peripherals again? :D
This one really doesn't appeal to me, its a bit too colorful. I'll probably get one of the black opaque ones and spay paint the red/blue side panels black. I might even remove the artwork because none of the default ones look that good to me (too many logos). Maybe the stick looks good enough with the metal plate beneath the artwork exposed.

The Razer Atrox looks really neat without any artwork which is just the way I would want my stick to look like:

However I'm not really fond of Razer and I doubt that there will ever be a PS3/PS4 Version of the stick because the Xbox One Version isn't fully compatible with PC (RT/LT buttons won't work).
Don't buy Razer period tbh

When playing Her Story, have pen and paper nearby, and use the user tag box. That's all I'm saying.
But damn, that was great.

So, make sure you check out the GAF story spoiler thread for the game. I was pretty confident that I had understood the story when I finished the game. Then I read that thread and realized there were so many things I missed and didn't even think of. It's not as straightforward as it appears to be.

Maniac

Banned
Randy Pitchford is a cunt.

C'mon now. Razer produces the best mice on the market, bar none. Ofcourse, they used to be the top-dog of keyboards aswell, but I'd give that crown to Corsair nowadays.

Buuuut the fact that Synapse is iffy at best does pull them down a fair bit imo.

derExperte

C'mon now. Razer produces the best mice on the market, bar none.

Even if their mice wouldn't break all the time they'd only be living off of past achievements. Many others have easily surpassed them, maybe they should invest more into their products and less into marketing.

Arthea

Even if their mice wouldn't break all the time they'd only be living off of past achievements. Many others have easily surpassed them, maybe they should invest more into their products and less into marketing.

Milamber is about to unleash his wrath on you in 3 2 1

Double

Speaking of mice, my G500 seems kinda broken, which one should I get? Without build-in acceleration would be nice this time.

MadGear

Yeah I know. But a the same time when it comes to other peripherals (mice, keyboard, headphones) i don't consider Mad Catz to be much better than Razer. Mad Catz still uses Cherry switches for their mechanical keyboards though so I would slightly rank them above razer. Since Razer is actually using genuine Sanwa parts its just so hard to imagine that they could possible mess this fight stick up somehow ... but their "RnD" probably found a way.

They are investing heavily into RGB lighting. They are even offering a mouse mat with RGB lighting.

Arthea

installed depth

swam around as a human

got eaten by a mother fuckin' shark

repeated the last two things a few times

alt-f4'd, uninstalled and removed from wishlist

it's a survival game, what did you expect? Rainbows and unicorns? Unfortunately most if not all underwater games on steam are survival type and there aren't many of those too.

derExperte

Milamber is about to unleash his wrath on you in 3 2 1

The Razer-hater brigade is strong on GAF, he stands no chance.

Speaking of mice, my G500 seems kinda broken, which one should I get? Without build-in acceleration would be nice this time.

We have a few threads about gaming mice, latest was http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056797. There's too much choice to say 'buy this' and it depends on your hands and grip style but if you want no acceleration that already limits it to optical mice (I guess, maybe there are laser ones without?). I see you're from Germany so you could for example go here and sort them by rating and cross-check the good ones with what people are saying in the threads. Myself I'm using a Roccat Kone Pure since last year and it has been great, they often get overlooked for whatever reason (though had some built quality problems in the past too). And don't ignore some smaller brands, for example I've been eyeing the fUNC MS-2 for a while, Zowie's aren't available everywhere, same goes for Mionix.

Using a wireless Steelseries Sensei, screw the haters wires suck and it isn't 2000 anymore <3

Wireless gaming mice are so 2010.

Deques

Its a great game, playing it myself right now.
-------
I'm probably the biggest Tales fan here on SteamGAF, I can't believe Tales of Symphonia is finally coming on PC.

What a time to be alive.

Really? Have you ever done a 100+ combo in Symphonia, like I did in the video I showed before :D

I am not really a super big Tales fan since I only played Symphonia

Shadownet

Banned
Really? Have you ever done a 100+ combo in Symphonia, like I did in the video I showed before :D

I am not really a super big Tales fan since I only played Symphonia
Yeah, and I bought every Collector Edition of every Tales games that ever came out in the US. I'll probably track down Tales of Vesperia limited edition one day but that might be super expensive.

I'm about to triple dip on Tales of Symphonia when Zestiria get to Tier 3.

fantomena

Has there been any word on if Gears Ultimate will release on Steam? If it's Windows 10 Store only I'll just get the Xbone version (which still will get me the Win 10 version lel).

Kagemusha

is there on Steam a game like Aquanaut's Holiday where I can just cruise around the ocean and look at shit? occasionally find something strange but otherwise just explore?

I think there are but can someone tell me what is good and what is shit? I only play quality games.

I am installing DEPTH right now because it is free weekend and I had it on my wishlist but now looking at it it seems that it is multiplayer? so uhh... I need explore

10x
World of Diving
store.steampowered.com/app/251890/

Subnautica (sci-fi)
store.steampowered.com/app/264710/

Has there been any word on if Gears Ultimate will release on Steam? If it's Windows 10 Store only Iæll jsut get the Xbone version (which still will get me the Win 10 version lel).

I think it's best to hope for the best but expect the worst. I don't see a world where KI and GearsU aren't at least exclusively launched on the win10 store

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has there been any word on if Gears Ultimate will release on Steam? If it's Windows 10 Store only Iæll jsut get the Xbone version (which still will get me the Win 10 version lel).

Microsoft is yet to address the elephant in the room of whether or not the Win10 Store will signal an end to it releasing games on Steam.

"They". Like are more than two or three available, if that. ;) There are certainly scenarios where cables are a problem but usually they'll offer 0 advantages while costing much more.
I didn't mind paying 90 dollars for something I probably won't replace for close to a decade. I had my logitech whatever for 8 years.

Being able to take it on the couch for TV use or move it anywhere on my desk is such a great convenience factor.

ibiaae2bdwksnofokqv.png
Too hot <3

Accoun

Forgive me if the search missed something, but it's from a few days ago I haven't found anything here. :p

As Adam Kici&#324;ski, president of CD Projekt explains: - production (of the movie) was announced by Platige, but we aren't working with them in that area. Since we have the rights the "The Witcher" brand, one could assume that there will be no movie under that title.
http://www.cdaction.pl/news-42015/film-tomasza-baginskiego-nie-moze-sie-nazywac-the-witcher.html (in Polish)

That's... strange.

They said you will own Killer Instinct if you already own the Xbox One version right? So hopefully it's the same with Gears because I kind of want to get it when it comes out.

Kagemusha

both are EA games, doesn't count in my book yet (until finished and released), but thanks for pointing out that Subnautica is only light survival, didn't know that.
Compared to Depth its survival-lite. Depth is a death match arena. Reminds me, I need to play as the shark.

The opening area of Subnautica is safe. Radiation will kill you if you try to head toward your crashed ship. You have to scavenge for parts to upgrade and craft your diving gear. I'm guessing as you go deeper or closer to the radioactive ship the more likely you're to get eaten by something. Only played an hour and died twice. Haven't played World of Diving yet.

Depth is one of the games I bought in the days of the Russian Bear and then barely played for an hour. Seemed cool though so I should play some now :p

Kiru

Unfortunately black attracts dust like nothing else. I tried cleaning it every day for a while but nothing changed. Think my next keyboard will be white.

Thought about that too, sadly there aren't that many white keyboards out there. Also everything else I already have is black too, monitor, sound system, pc case.

I found this logitech keyboard interesting:

Even washable! Doubt it's super good for gaming though... :D

Accoun

I don't understand this statement, they can't own Witcher, because they aren't authors of an original. There is something lost in wording here or it makes no sense.

The wording is definitely strange. They haven't said "Wied&#378;min", but "The Witcher". So do they have some kind of exclusive rights to the English name?

Teppic

Played some Starwhal. It was not fun. Controls were awkward and it felt more like luck if you managed to hit others or not. I wouldn't recommend it.

derExperte

White keyboards will look gross even faster than black ones. But sure, glossy is the worst, such a stupid trend. Love my (still new, we'll see how it goes) Corsair K70, black metal you don't ever come in contact with, rubber wrist rest, no fingerprints anywhere, easy to clean. Perfect design imo. Their K65 mice look good too but laser-only. :/

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand this statement, they can't own Witcher, because they aren't authors of an original. There is something lost in wording here or it makes no sense.
They very well can. Also, this is about the title and not the IP. Cdproject own the The Witcher trademark for games and I assume movies as well.

White keyboards will get gross but at the very least they won't attract every single spec of dust. Really love Das but all of their keyboards are glossy black. Great quality though and outside of the dust it's held up extremely well for two years of constant use. Would highly recommend them if you don't live in a dusty hellhole :p

I replace keyboards more often than mice anyway(ie, every couple of years instead of decade :p) That logitech keyboard seems way too thin for me. I like my clicky blue keys.

Kiru

White keyboards will look gross even faster than black ones. But sure, glossy is the worst, such a stupid trend. Love my (still new, we'll see how it goes) Corsair K70, black metal you don't ever come in contact with, rubber wrist rest, no fingerprints anywhere, easy to clean. Perfect design imo. Their mice look good too but only laser. :/

I plan on buying one in the future. They are so expensive though. That money could be put towards a better graphics card :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom