• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The games take place after the books, they aren't a direct adaptation, more like sequels (though obviously not recognized as canon by the author).

oooh ok, wow thats even cooler. love the books? play the games, they're a sequel! so someone like ciri doesn't play a big role in the books im assuming? also for book readers, is Yennifer a cool character in the books or something? cause I genuinely don't understand why Geralt is all over Yen, always disappearing and shit. fuck her, Triss all the way, she always has my back.

komorebi

Oh god, this will not end well...

The 50 Best RPG On PC

Someone light up Durante signal

They have Recettear and Anachranox, good list confirmed

Dark Souls #1? I mean...its one of the best games of all time, PC or console, but this is a PC list. I'm not knowledgeable enough about PC-only RPGs over the past 20+ years but even I would disagree with putting DS1 on top.

KingKong

Dark Souls #1? I mean...its one of the best games of all time, PC or console, but this is a PC list. I'm not knowledgeable enough about PC-only RPGs over the past 20+ years but even I would disagree with putting DS1 on top.

It's not a PC only list, but I agree, the #1 RPG is clearly Deus Ex

AHA-Lambda

The 50 Best RPG On PC

Did not expect that number one...

39X

Actually it's a pretty good list on the whole, I'd only say Mass Effect 2 is up too high.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

The 50 Best RPG On PC

I would expect 1 and 2 to be switched, Dragonfall to be higher, and KOTOR2 to be on the list somewhere. But that's just based on the praise I've heard on GAF, haven't played any of the games listed besides Recettear and Pillars of Eternity (I'm surprised PoE's so high, though.)

Caerith

People got mad that this PC based website didn't include console based or console exclusive games, yeah.

It was pretty silly. Surprised at their number 1 to be honest.

I remember people beeing rightfully mad because they didnt included AoE and AoM in the list of the 50 best Strategygames. The site died for me that day.
Well, I'm sure the response this time won't be soulcrushingly insane.

oooh ok, wow thats even cooler. love the books? play the games, they're a sequel! so someone like ciri doesn't play a big role in the books im assuming? also for book readers, is Yennifer a cool character in the books or something? cause I genuinely don't understand why Geralt is all over Yen, always disappearing and shit. fuck her, Triss all the way, she always has my back.
Ciri plays a big role in the books. The games aren't a sequel or a direct adaptation, they're more like how the Arkham games tie in to Batman-- same characters, same world, but they do their own thing and aren't tied to the canon.

Deitus

The 50 Best RPG On PC

Mass Effect 2 is on the list, but Mass Effect 1 is nowhere to be seen. I thought this was supposed to be a list of best RPGs. Sorry, had to get that obligatory jab in.

Not surprisingly, I've played only a handful of games on that list, and beaten even fewer of them. I've never really gotten into PC RPGs. I tend to be more into the Japanese variety (though maybe not as much lately). It's good to see Dark Souls getting recognized.

Double

Kinda late response, but what's broken about it? Mine developed a double click problem, but after opening it up and resetting the spring it's been good as new for over a year now.
It keeps getting stuck a little bit when moving, resulting in a flickery, effortful usage. Also not very precise, obviously.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of Burnout, was that "mod"/port of Big Surf Island finally completed? I want to see that with PC resolutions since I'm done with my PS3 copy of Paradise.

The 50 Best RPG On PC

Kind of surprised that their number one game is one I never really thought of as an RPG. I guess I kind of considered the series to be more of an action/adventure type. There also seems to be a lot of games released in the last couple of years on the list. Not sure if they're really all that good, or just the freshest in people's minds.

KingKong

Is this serious.

Do you realize that PC only games at least doubles the output of all consoles combined?

And how many of those are actually popular and played by a good amount of people? Are you saying they shouldn't focus on the new Deus Ex and Fallout and even SUPERHOT because they're also coming to consoles?

Ciri plays a big role in the books. The games aren't a sequel or a direct adaptation, they're more like how the Arkham games tie in to Batman-- same characters, same world, but they do their own thing and aren't tied to the canon.
:( thats not as cool anymore. I like the idea of there being an existing product and the story is continued (canon or non canon) in video games. Are the books available in English as ebooks? I'd be down to give them a shot, love the lore of the games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel like Groupees have really went downhill. I can't even remember the last time I bought a bundle on there.

They have major peaks and valleys in bundle quality, however they have had two pretty good bundles in the two months, so they could be a lot worse off.

They're also one of the only bundle sites good at giving new Steam keys in a timely and orderly fashion.

C4rter

So there is a personalized 25% coupon from GMG that certain customers received by mail? Why didn't I get one?

Does anybody know anything about the 25% coupon? A friend of mine is telling me he's got one but the code he gave me is invalid for me.

Being irrationally, hopelessly enthralled by someone totally wrong for you is the best worst feeling in the world. So life-affirming and exhilarating and tortuous and improbably painful and hideous and perfect.

He has no good reason to be in love with her so of course he loves her.

Grief.exe

The 50 Best RPG On PC

That is actually a very respectable list.

I'll be honest, I expected Skyrim to be number 1. Consider me pleasantly surprised.

I got this one Grief...

Wrong thread?

Clean this thread up, one post at a time.

IzyW492.gif

so , samsung working on 11K mobile screen , why the tech on mobile phone is increasing rapidly and the battery is the same ?

also , why 11K on mobile phone and not on TV or monitor ?

how many TITAN X we need to run Bad Rats on 11K display ?

Battery technology has been stagnant for a long time, we've just reached the upper limits on what is possible with the current chemical solution.

There are some huge breakthroughs that are on the verge of mainstream adoption though. These will make cell phones and electric cars more efficient, but will also make green energy more viable as well. Currently, we have no way of storing excess energy produced from solar, wind, etc, therefore need something else hooked up to the grid to cover the gap.

Chariot

Nice, I got a code. Looks like some of us were more loyal than others >:O

I don't want it actually. Somebody need something of the GMG deals for 25% extra off?

:( thats not as cool anymore. I like the idea of there being an existing product and the story is continued (canon or non canon) in video games. Are the books available in English as ebooks? I'd be down to give them a shot, love the lore of the games.

Most of them are available already. Check Amazon.

the 2nd short stories book is available in e-reader format with the book coming in December. The last 2 books in the saga have yet to be translated, but are available online through fan translations.

Lain

The 50 Best RPG On PC

A quick scan of the list reminded me why I don't read RPS. Even their reason for including D2 while not including D3 is something that makes me go "what?". I just don't see eye to eye with them, I guess.

C4rter

Nice, I got a code. Looks like some of us were more loyal than others >:O

I don't want it actually. Somebody need something of the GMG deals for 25% extra off?

The point was/is that the code does not seem to be valid with another account.
And I would have wanted it for one of the other days perhaps. Or is it only valid today?

They have major peaks and valleys in bundle quality, however they have had two pretty good bundles in the two months, so they could be a lot worse off.

They're also one of the only bundle sites good at giving new Steam keys in a timely and orderly fashion.

It just seems like I haven't seen anything noteworthy in the bundles, at least compared to Bundle Stars, Gala, and Humble. Like, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.

There's nothing wrong with including those really small, unknown games but it's nice when it's balanced out with something well known to entice people into purchasing it.

Chariot

The point was/is that the code does not seem to be valid with another account.
And I would have wanted it for one of the other days perhaps. Or is it only valid today?
It's only valid today. If you send me money per PayPal I could just buy it.

A quick scan of the list reminded me why I don't read RPS. Even their reason for including D2 while not including D3 is something that makes me go "what?". I just don't see eye to eye with them, I guess.

But Diablo 3 is/was pretty bad compared to D2...

The Witcher 3 is way too damn low on that list...

hm? I didn't see it at the bottom, let me check where it's at...

7. The Witcher 3

eh? Where the hell should it be? W3 is sublime, but not sure what you'd bump for it to move up...1 spot.

Top whatever lists are fallback filler content when there are gaps in noteworthy news or articles to make. Or they just need people giving them clicks.

"Here's a subjective list"

"X is rated higher than Y ARGLBARGL!"

"WHERE IS Z DIS SITE IS TERRIBLE"

IGN/Buzzfeed dumpster tier content.

Caerith

It keeps getting stuck a little bit when moving, resulting in a flickery, effortful usage. Also not very precise, obviously.
Ah, yeah that happens to me but it's because the laser gets dirty-- I use a crappy surface, have a lot of dust (thanks, SoCal!) and a cat who sheds a blizzard-- nothing that would change by having a different mouse that would also get dirty.

Does your enjoyment of Batman lessen if I tell you that the comics, the Adam West TV show, the animated series, the Tim Burton movies, the Christopher Nolan movies, and the upcoming Aflac movie aren't all in the same continuity?

Just enjoy the games for what they are. Not everything has to be crammed into a single continuity. (Although if you're a comic book fan, feel free to ignore me and go the everything is canon route.)

The Witcher books are mostly published in English now, yeah. The first and third (Last Wish, Blood of Elves) have been out for a while, the second (Sword of Destiny) is being published this year, fourth and fifth books (Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire) are out, and the last two (Tower of the Swallow, Lady of the Lake) coming out in the next two years. No one knows why Sword of Destiny's publishment was delayed for so long, since it's really important to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom