• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
might as well install a virus or trojan directly

eac7bdc47023fbd50c4b8a3ff4d87a06c1d464ac10e13afb74180cd8b7b0f931.jpg

A bit late reply but I've bought and played every Trackmania game ever released on PC, including the Starforce infected games, and played every single one of them with a keyboard. It'll do just fine although obviously some people will never be comfortable with specific control methods in specific games so your mileage may vary.

So... trackmania is basically data entry software? ;)

Shade

I actually just tried it and played with a keyboard and the controls are so simple that I don't even know if a controller would be better... You just use the arrow keys, no button for accelerating or braking or whatever... it's nice

edit: can someone go to www.sonicthehedgehog.com/icee/ and tell me what happens? I have a code from an icee cup and I can win a copy of sonic fucking boom but the website just goes to a woobox thing.. wtf how do you fuck up a contest entry?

edit: fuck contest ended in 2014 must have been an old cup I was so excited at the prospect of winning Sonic Boom :/

edit: i looked at the cup again and it says it ends 12/31/15 but when I was searching on the web I saw it closed at 2014, maybe a different contest? either way I want my sonic boom

Sweepstake says it ends 12/31/14 but the DLC code is good til 12/13/15. I'm guessing that is the date the on the cup. Though why it wouldn't have the end date of the contest instead is beyond me.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So I just finished Metal Gear Rising and it was awesome. Any other recommendations for games in a similar style? I've played DmC already so that's off the table but some other action games I'm into. I also do already know about and own DMC 3/4 (not SE) so would be curious of recommendations outside that realm.

Did they insert random text in there cause those pictures don't match for sure?

I believe they are actually reading the text that comes up in the spanish language version of the game when you inspect the plaques, then adding that text to them.

Man, RE0HD looks great.
Also includes footage of the never released N64 version.

That is a seriously cool video for Capcom to share.

Yes. Amusingly, it's the only country that is specifically trade-restricted as opposed to being part of a larger classification. The cheapest ROW region is generally Norway to the order of around 17%.

A bit late but afaik ARAL the local "big" game importer fix the prices to their street prices. So if a game is sold by them the price matches the retail, rest is free trade but trade is blocked I guess as a lazy attempt.

L.O.R.D

I really wanna play that game someday.
No joke I wanna play it and I don't care for how borked the game's performance is.

its really not as bad as people say
its still way way better then sonic 06
i played it my slef in my friend's home ( i don't have wiiu )

but it boring after a while

fantomena

Just found out I have 82 hours in Spelunky, didn't think it was that much. Just got addicted to it again together with Isaac and Terraria.

I still call NBA 2K13 (the player creation mode) the best RPG I've played in the last five years. Basically playing the games replaces the combat in other games, but you truly play a role. Now it lacks an overarching narrative, so that probably disqualifies it in some fashion, but otherwise it does a great job of having you create a role and playing it out (including stat growth, customization, etc). I guess in that sense it's more like pen and paper RPGs than what most people consider video game RPGs to be.

I'm going to remember this, and buy it the next time I'm at my Dollarama.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A bit late but afaik ARAL the local "big" game importer fix the prices to their street prices. So if a game is sold by them the price matches the retail, rest is free trade but trade is blocked I guess as a lazy attempt.

I think it's safe to say that Valve's cross-region trading policy isn't dictated by retailers/distributors -- I mean, if Valve were willing to bend to complaints from businesses that deal in physical stock, cross-region trading would be virtually non-existent if not completely absent and there would be a similarly tight noose on keys. My guess would be that Turkey is its own region simply because its local pricing isn't similar enough to Russia to be included in the broader Eastern Europe classification.

Khronico

After a weeks worth of careful modding work and proper load order setting I decided to add one minor hud mod to New Vegas manually. I thought to myself, "This shouldn't be an issue, I'll drop these two folders in here and it'll be fine".

After that everything broke and now I can't even start up new vegas without crashing to desktop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Volimar

After a weeks worth of careful modding work and proper load order setting I decided to add one minor hud mod to New Vegas manually. I thought to myself, "This shouldn't be an issue, I'll drop these two folders in here and it'll be fine".

After that everything broke and now I can't even start up new vegas without crashing to desktop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reminds me of:

x8vdMEF.jpg

Coreda

I've heard Mod Organizer helps. It installs all mods into a separate directory, keeping the base game directory untouched. Gopher has a series on it.

Unrelated, but it seems the Friend Activity feed in Steam is bugged for me. Nothing displays one day, then items from a week ago appear, then disappear and come back.

Khronico

I've heard Mod Organizer helps. It installs all mods into a separate directory, keeping the base game directory untouched. Gopher has a series on it.

Unrelated, but it seems the Friend Activity feed in Steam is bugged for me. Nothing displays one day, then items from a week ago appear, then disappear and come back.

I've been using Nexus Mod Manager since it's the UI I'm most familiar with.

I'm uninstalling all my mods and reinstalling them in the hopes I can get back to my save.

Edit: Aaaand now nmm is hanging on installing mod configuration manager.... I think I might have to shelve New Vegas for now =/

Knurek

Playing as a Space Jesus is not as much fun as playing as a Space Asshole, go figure.
Also, actual gameplay part of Mass Effect is still terrible.
Can't wait to get to the good parts of the trilogy.
(and yes, I loved both ME2 and ME3, screw the haters).

Arthea

new Wild Season update consists solely of bug fixes, nothing new was added, so not going to post it.
Not that anybody is awaiting it besides me anyway, probably

edited: are any of you getting trade confirmation e-mails? I'm not getting those again, today I mean

edited: are any of you getting trade confirmation e-mails? I'm not getting those again, today I mean

i just sent a trade request and got the confirmation almost immediately.

also, a few days ago i noticed after i uploaded a sceenshot of SAKURA ANGELS someone removed me from their friends list.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So the Heroes of the Storm Stream has far more viewers than usually. Normally its 100-150. Now its like 800.

The players are like Moba Pro players?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ZombieRun -- MB-55DDFF0CC9CE841C - Taken by MaxiLive
TRIP: Steam Edition -- MB-68EE08DB0B3B0B30 - Taken by Kuroyume

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But what if it never unlocks, and it turns out they only needed one more pre-order...

Then I'll buy Zestiria and Symphonia when they're 75% off, or when the bundle with Zestiria, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Xillia hits 50% off during next year's Summer Sale

Maniac

Banned
Also everyone saying TW3 doesn't deserve to be top 3, if not thé very top of that RPG list is outright wrong.

Although the list is flawed in that RPGs simply have too many nuances and sub-genres to really have a big "top RPG" list where you can properly justify the placement of games.

Arthea

Then I'll buy Zestiria and Symphonia when they're 75% off, or when the bundle with Zestiria, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Xillia hits 50% off during next year's Summer Sale
*chuckles*
next summer no less?

I still would like to know why they are releasing only ToS and not duology, that's so odd

Also everyone saying TW3 doesn't deserve to be top 3, if not thé very top of that RPG list is outright wrong.

Although the list is flawed in that RPGs simply have too many nuances and sub-genres to really have a big "top RPG" list where you can properly justify the placement of games.

Any RPG list without Arcanum is just waste of server space and nobody should care or even acknowledge its existence
not much better is lack of M&M series, or Trails or JRPGs in general even if I know why they keep doing that

Turfster

Square Enix Summer Sale

Is it me, or are there a couple of series holes.
Like... where's Tomb Raider 6? Legend?

Also, squenix, I'll rebuy TR 1-6 as steam keys only when I can pay the same that I paid for my latest cd copies over 5 years ago, so 5€ or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom