• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not looking to blacklist games. I want to idle certain games for the measly new Playfire rewards but Idle Master doesn't have a feature that lets me select them since they don't have cards to idle for.

Is SAM legit? I tried it once but everything about it seemed sketchy.

If you Shift + right click your Idle Master folder, you can select "Open command window here". Then you can type steam-idle.exe followed by the appid of the game you'd like to idle.

Grief.exe

So what else are people looking forward to in the second half of the year?

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Transformers
No Mans Sky

header.jpg

I'm currently playing through SanctuaryRPG, one of the games that I bought during the last sale, and it's very enjoyable. It's interesting to point that I didn't have a previous contact ASCII kind of games until recently, and that was with Candy Box. I'm still very early in the game, just had my first death, but I can see myself spending a lot of time with it, and if I don't forget I may write something more insightful

I always wonder about these things. Then I read GAF, see people educating their children about games by not allowing them to play modern games and start with a NES, people wanting to show their dates "how far gaming has come" and people trying to "force" their gfs to play certain games with them...

... and I am thinking: "Yeah. Maybe not..."

I try not to force my tastes in entertaining in my GF's life, we were talking about movies and I asked her if she ever watched the original Star Wars trilogy and was surprised with the negative answer plus the 'I'm not interested in them' but I just said ok and we moved on and I didn't tried to persuade her into watching the movies, recently she talked to me about wanting to watch them with me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky

Some that I'm looking forward to:

King's Quest (hopefully they release the episodes quickly!)
Armikrog
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Might and Magic Heroes VII
Tales of Zestiria
Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Banner Saga 2

I guess you could say I'm a huge Adventure / RPG fan.

Awesome, thanks! And thank you for such an awesome little program.

You're quite welcome! :)

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky

Below and Cuphead from your list. Besides that:

King's Quest
Armikrog
Dropsy
Beyond Eyes
Mushroom 11
Fallout 4
Donut County
XCOM 2

There's a bunch of other games I'm curious about but I either need to see more of them or I'm waiting for feedback upon release.

L.O.R.D

Some that I'm looking forward to:

King's Quest (hopefully they release the episodes quickly!)
Armikrog
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Might and Magic Heroes VII
Tales of Zestiria
Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Banner Saga 2

I guess you could say I'm a huge Adventure / RPG fan.

You're quite welcome! :)

oh shit , i forgot about Type-0 HD coming to steam

also Lightning Returns

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky

Just in regards to Steam:

Transformers
Cuphead
Just Cause 3
Beyond Eyes

and XCOM 2 and Phantom Pain as well, to a lesser extent.

Maniac

Banned
Just in regards to Steam:

Transformers
Cuphead
Just Cause 3
Beyond Eyes

and XCOM 2 and Phantom Pain as well, to a lesser extent.

If everything pans out, the first TW3 expansion would be on my list, alongside... Everything you've got there 'cept for Transformers.

I'm one of those filthy people that dislike Platinum games.

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky
I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky and Fallout 4. Also very interested in seeing how The Flame in the Flood continues to develop. I've spent about five hours so far in the backer beta and have really enjoyed my time with it so far.

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky

Tales of Zestiria
XCom 2
Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront
Just Cause 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Rainbow Six Siege
Metal Gear Solid V
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Grandia 2 (maybe?)

Oh look, lists. Turfster am cry.

Killer Instinct PC (Is that this year?)
Gears of War UE (Is that this year?)
MGSV: The Phantom Pain
Tales of Zestiria
Transformers Devastation (not a huge fan of the franchise, but P* action games will always make the list)
Fallout 4

Cth

Ok, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating with another $10 game giveaway of your choice.

24 hours so everyone has a fair chance. It can be a $10 game, or any number of games as long as they add up to $10. It can be Steam, Amazon, GMG, GOG, whatever.

Good luck!

ModBot said:
INSTRUCTIONS:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

292.jpeg

$10 Game Of Your Choice -- MB-913F983A3283168D - Taken by spindoctor. 122 entrants total.

t1436668444z1.png

Ok, it's my birthday and I'm celebrating with another $10 game giveaway of your choice.

24 hours so everyone has a fair chance. It can be a $10 game, or any number of games as long as they add up to $10. It can be Steam, Amazon, GMG, GOG, whatever.

Good luck!

Happy birthday. Thanks for the giveaway.

You'd better spend some time with Ori.

It was arguably the best Star Trek game ever created. You should play it.
Oh wow. Only Star Trek I ever played was Elite Force and while a real fun shooter, it obviously couldn't fill the experience of the show - next generation of course ;)
Really made me interested in this, you and spin.
A plane, that transforms into a tank, that transforms into a robot, cause why not?

Some T-rex, aka Grimlock, gameplay for Jaw in the latter video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJJYMsgSsk

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/07/09/transformers-devastation-gameplay-demo-comic-con-2015
I really love the cartoon visuals and animations. So good.gif

Now where is my Saber Rider game? ;_;
I'd bump it over Dark Souls, cause it's just a goddamn masochist simulator.
Have to say, souls games being "super hard" turned me off for a while but in truth once you grasp the mechanics, it really becomes quite easy really.
My guess is she said no.

How can you marry someone with such bad taste?
It's love! Think about all the effort dude went through. The lady surely appreciates it and it beats cookie-cutter ring cases. A real unique memory (if she said yes lol)
Oh. My. God.
This is gold!
You gotta love Japanese commercials!
tSQL4tR.gif

Someone, somewhere is playing and feeling like the Batman out there. You know it!

Cth

Happy birthday. Thanks for the giveaway.

You'd better spend some time with Ori.

I am/will :) Thanks again!

As far as the difficulty goes, I was talking more about how I was being egged on by a frustrated 6 year old which made finishing Rayman more of a chore than having fun with it :D

Having a blast so far.

Eila

I think TitS SC is the only game I'm going to buy on steam full price this year. Maybe Zestiria, but I'm still unconvinced.
I wish SC was already here. It's going to piss a lot of people off if they get it out after Cold Steel.

so like whats good with trackmania turbo? I've never played the series but it looks like the racer I've been craving for a long time, arcade racer and doesn't have a dumb open world. thing is tho, they keep saying its a time attack game... I want to race people live, not race their ghost. i need me a arcade racer dammit!

I'm waiting for these to come

MGS:HD Collection
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Yakuza all games

..oh wait, this isn't about port
wet
dreams isn't it?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Good luck!

Today as the 10th or today as the 11th (timezones).

My birthday is the 11th, so we may share the same birthday, or at least right next to each other.

Lunaniem

so like whats good with trackmania turbo? I've never played the series but it looks like the racer I've been craving for a long time, arcade racer and doesn't have a dumb open world. thing is tho, they keep saying its a time attack game... I want to race people live, not race their ghost. i need me a arcade racer dammit!

I'd try the Trackmania 2: Stadium demo on Steam to see if you like the series (lets you play online), but it's meant for time trials since it's easy to fail a track constantly till you finish it and try to get a better time.

Khronico

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky

Trails of Cold Steel
Steins;Gate
Fallout 4
Battlefront
Phantom Pain
EDF2
Call to Arms
Blood Bowl 2
Just Cause 3

There's a surprising amount of stuff I'm excited for.

Wait PC only or?

Zia

Hey, have you guys played Ori and the Blind Forest? I somehow missed it and am now kicking myself... it's stunning.

Belgarion

Good luck!

Happy Birthday!! And thanks for the generosity :)

Only items I'm interested in for the rest of this year are MGSV and Zestiria.

The Alienware stream was delightfully bonkers.

Happy birthday, Cth and Dusk!

Lain

Only items I'm interested in for the rest of this year are MGSV and Zestiria.

The Alienware stream was delightfully bonkers.

Happy birthday, Cth and Dusk!

Why you gotta make people mad on it?!

Were they giving different skins from time to time? Or was it Commander Raynor for everyone.

Good luck!
Happy birthday! I hope you have a great one! :)

images

check your pm!

Were they giving different skins from time to time? Or was it Commander Raynor for everyone.
Different. I got Diablo.

Edit: happy birthday to Sir dusk as well! :)

I hope your birthday brings you more joy and happiness!

What can I say, I need to get my fun somewhere. Trolling an ardent fanboy did the job nicely. I drove him so crazy that he quit the stream and came back twice, lol.

I think they were all random skins, but some of us got our choice of any hero bundle we wanted.

I chose Raynor.

Parsnip

Phantom Pain
Below
Cuphead
Transformers
No Mans Sky

Good question.

XCOM 2
Hitman
HoMM 7
AC Syndicate
Just Cause 3
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy
Tales of Zestiria, kind of.
FF Type-0, kind of.
Lightning Returns, kind of.
Grandia 2, kind of.
And Fallout 4, kind of.
And strangely, Legend of Key Anniversary.

Some of those I'm actually kind of more curious about how the port is going to be than the actual game, weirdly enough.

And I suppose MGS: PP as well, but since I haven't touched Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes yet, I don't know if I'm getting it PP just yet either. Maybe I should just watch some kind of Peace Walker summary on the tubes, Konami is never bringing the HD collection over now.

And Batman Arkham Knight...trololol.

I started playing Ground Zeroes today and the presentation is nice with all the wetness and DOF. It feels like I'm walking around a bunch of boxes when I'm in the tent area though. There's like zero interactability there they might as well be crates. I just freed the kid so I will learn more of the mechanics as I go.

The only big releases I am following are Phantom Pain, Hitman, and later Mankind Divided.

What was bonkers about it?

Hundreds of people spamming a set of emotes that they had apparently bought on the featured player's (Jesse Cox) channel, alongside the same level of spam that was present in the Dirty Bomb stream.

So we all got to see endless uses of the phrase, "I murk, I die, I murk again" (Mad Max reference) ad infinitum, all in emotes.

Hundreds of people spamming a set of emotes that they had apparently bought on the featured player's (Jesse Cox) channel, alongside the same level of spam that was present in the Dirty Bomb stream.

So we all got to see endless uses of the phrase, "I murk, I die, I murk again" (Mad Max reference) ad infinitum.
So that's what it was all about. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom