• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

8xPWuCQ.png

What the hell, Dolchstoß, Dolchstoß!

We are too busy backlogging games.

Turfster

The Language Game keys now available for Groupees BAGB23

After the End: The Harvest (EA) is 50% off on Steam for a week

Maybe you are one of the people who doesn't understand the appeal of B-Charm? It's a required taste thing in a lot of cases.

Trust me, I like good B-charm.
This wasn't even Z-movie level.

Pachimari

I'm in such a Star Wars mood it's crazy. Are there any sales anywhere? Like for The Force Unleashed or classic Star Wars titles?

Also I'm giving away a 75% off coupon for Goat Simulator. Pm me if interested.

Jawmuncher

Trust me, I like good B-charm.
This wasn't even Z-movie level.

I can get someone not liking it, but to say it has no redeeming qualities is pushing it. Also I'm watching it again this week, I need more Dinos.

----------

Have played more of Lego Jurassic World. The deeply stuff is pretty fun. Looks like it's better than what Batman had, since I recall a lot of people didn't like it there.

I can get someone not liking it, but to say it has no redeeming qualities is pushing it. Also I'm watching it again this week, I need more Dinos.

----------

Have played more of Lego Jurassic World. The deeply stuff is pretty fun. Looks like it's better than what Batman had, since I recall a lot of people didn't like it there.
It seems a good chunk of folks didn't like Lego Batman, at least the 2nd one.

Grief.exe

"Settlers"-series and "Cultures".

Which Settlers game should I be looking at?

Lethis

Lethis is definitely one I am keeping my eyes on.

Retro-Pixel Castles is fun but a bit buggy (it is in EA), and their unstable branch updates quite frequently with constant and open communication from the dev. Might be a little more strategy and survival than city-builder though.

Also, Hearthlands (in EA as well).

Thanks.

How do you beat a city builder?'

Edit: See someone already asked, haha.

How do you beat a city builder?

When you've determined you have seen enough of the game to have finished it.

No point in debating semantics really.

Parsnip

Strider is a new low of $3.59 at GMG right now with coupon GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF. That's about 76% off.

Don't let Frost see this amazing deal.

edit: Also, I'm playing Castlevania Circle of the Moon with RetroArch, and I feel like I may have skipped an area, feeling really underleveled. Beat a boss and got 3 levels from that xp alone. Or the progression and xp distribution is messed up in the game.

rtcn63

I kinda stalled in Shantae. It's the metroidvania aspect, where you have go to back and search for stuff in order to progress. The map isn't too helpful, and unless I bust out a pen and paper and start marking out where all the 'Cave X that needs Y' are located for later visits, it's not fun just walking through the overworld again and again.

Right now I'm looking for
coffee stuffs

rtcn63

That reminds me, have their been any recent changes to Torchlight 2? I really want o jump back into for some reason, it's been like a year since I played.

Anteater

whatever game looks interesting to you is worth playing, at what price is really up to you, i tend to play everything i'm interested in but of course prioritized differently based on a few factors, but tbh under 5 dollars I rarely regret it, but that's just me.

Claptrap from Borderlands is in the game as well.

shit was so weird because I was like "oh not another dungeon, notch's mine? what? whaaaat"

whatever game looks interesting to you is worth playing, at what price is really up to you, i tend to play everything i'm interested in but of course prioritized differently based on a few factors, but tbh under 5 dollars I rarely regret it, but that's just me.

shit was so weird because I was like "oh not another dungeon, notch's mine? what? whaaaat"

Well, yeah, that's why I'm always railing against the "is it worth it?" questions. ;)
But outside of those, Strider is a turrrrible "Strider" game and a mediocre "Metroidvania" at best. People would do well to take that $5 and put it towards any number of better games in the genre on Steam. :D

Some people may like it. That's fine; if it does it for you, that's great.
One of the best ways I can convey how much I disliked the game is this:
When a game I've played on a platform other than PS comes to PS+ for free, I often consider going back to it, and possibly getting the platinum. I just did this with Transistor; and while I wasn't a huge fan when I originally played on PC, it was a good enough game that I decided to revisit it and hunt the rest of the trophies. Strider was given out on PS+ for PS4 and I have no desire to go back and get another 100%, as I do in many other cases.

But again, someone might like it... if you're willing to throw your $4 out the window, go for it. ;)

rtcn63

Strider was dull. No impact to the combat whatsoever. Felt like you were slicing through butter, just going from one room to the next with neither fear of death, joy of exploration, or actually killing stuff. The game was phoned in and you could play it while also watching football on the telly.

It's basically the game that people are afraid Mighty No. 9 will turn out to be.

Strider was dull. No impact to the combat whatsoever. felt like you were slicing through butter, just going from one room to the next with neither fear of death, joy of exploration, or actually killing stuff. The game was phoned in and you could play it while also watching football on the telly.

It's basically the game that people are afraid Mighty No. 9 will turn out to be.

Well said, those are some of my major complaints against the title.
I've said it before and it bears repeating:

I know that I talk about Strider like it killed my dog and took a shit in my microwave; this is because it was such an unbelievable letdown for me. I thought it looked terrible when it was revealed and thought it would turn out to be trash, but some part of me wanted a new Strider game so badly that I started to believe it could be good. I saw a video or two where the editing made it look like it could actually be good and I hopped in for better or worse. If you want to know why I really disliked it, go look up my steam review, as I tried to explain a lot of my problems with the game in depth there. Honestly, if it was just another game without the Strider name/aesthetic attached to it, I'd probably give it a 5.5 or a 6. But that disappointment... that letdown for hoping that it would actually be good and having it be exactly what rtcn63 says above... it was heartbreaking for me, so I tend to be a bit hyperbolic when it comes to warning people about it.

There are few other games that I can honestly think of that disappointed me on such a level... I could mention a few more here, but that'd just derail the thread, since all 3 were console only and only 1 of them might ever see a PC release (it hasn't yet).

Anteater

Well, yeah, that's why I'm always railing against the "is it worth it?" questions. ;)
But outside of those, Strider is a turrrrible "Strider" game and a mediocre "Metroidvania" at best. People would do well to take that $5 and put it towards any number of better games in the genre on Steam and not support gutter trash. :D

lol yeah, but I think most asking that was because they want an opinion (from steamgaf) of what people think about a game that they don't know much about and are too lazy to do research on, but like the screenshots look cool. I do that sometimes, I did that with hunted the demon's forge earlier in this thread, I mean I'm still going to try it for myself somewhere down the road, but if someone I know say it's shit because reasons then I'm going to spend that 4 bucks somewhere else. You also see people asking "what does frost think about this game" here all the time and I think some are probably going to listen to you based on your opinion on strider (and that's ok!).

For Strider I think it controls well myself, I actually like the game because of that, I've never played the other Strider games though so my standard is extremely low, I mean I like Nier and Musou games when a lot of people hated those, I don't exactly think it's like a really awesome game but I think if you like an action game that controls well that doesn't play like poop technically (like it doesn't control like poop) then I think it's worth trying.

Anteater

And RPS ranked it over Diablo 2...

I've never played diablo 2, i'm not familiar with the genre :(

torchlight 2 is the only point and click rpg i've played other than the titan quest games, but torchlight 2 is really boring from what i've played so far lol

it just wouldn't end and I really want to finish it

Anteater

I really liked T2 and Borderlands 2. I like colorful loot-based games, and at least the combat feels somewhat satisfying. (More than Strider) I have problems. =)

I couldn't get into borderlands 2 either, maybe there's a pattern...

yeah the art is nice in both games

I'm still playing torchlight 2 though, I don't hate it, there are a few things that keep me continue playing, and loot is one of those, but more often than not I ask myself why

For Strider I think it controls well myself, I actually like the game because of that, I've never played the other Strider games though so my standard is extremely low, I mean I like Nier and Musou games when a lot of people hated those, I don't exactly think it's like a really awesome game but I think if you like an action game that controls well that doesn't play like poop technically (like it doesn't control like poop) then I think it's worth trying.

I tend to like games people don't or at least games that people don't give a chance (Yaiba, for instance).

I will concede that Strider has solid controls. But controls alone, at least for me, don't make a game worth my while. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Language Game -- MB-BD19B0723B515EF7 - Taken by Deques

Anteater

I tend to like games people don't or at least games that people don't give a chance (Yaiba, for instance).

I will concede that Strider has solid controls. But controls alone, at least for me, don't make a game worth my while. :)

that's fair :D

I've yet to play Yaiba :/ They haven't been discounting it too aggressively (at least in steamgaf's standard), I guess the lowest is at 10 dollars, I think the next sale will be the right time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom