• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

It's time for a SECOND Hack Run! Test your skills again as you hack your way through strange and secretive organizations to discover their hidden agendas! Hack Run ZERO uses old school prompts (like dos and unix) to help you navigate from system to system. As you access users' accounts, you'll discover more and more about the organizations and the people that work there.

Your adventure begins when you receive a disturbing ransom note about a loved one. Your only way to set them free is to follow the kidnapper's shady demands. Once again your mission is to penetrate the maze of computer accounts through the use of your hacking skills. The stakes run high as you uncover more and more of the enemy's diabolical plan; and with over 70 levels there's no guessing how it will all end!

Jawmuncher

I've made like no progress on Arkham Knight (Put joke about a bad port here). I'm doing some side content but in not sure if I should even bother with it until I beat the game. Especially because a lot of progress on missions seems to be blocked off until I do more story content. Which annoys me since I like completing one thing and moving onto the next.

Pachimari

I dunno if it's your first hitman game and youre going in order or if youre just trying it out for kicks but skip it if it's the former.

Hitman 2 is considered the true start of the Hitman series by most, Contracts plays kinda like an interesting expansion pack with it being a bunch of separate contracts that are tied together through a narrative conceit, and Blood Money still seems to be the apex of the series.

I played it back when it released and I got it at launch. I'm just going back to see if I can complete all of the Hitman games, but man I don't have the temper or patience to deal with these things in Codename 47.

I never played Silent Assassin and Contracts though. I have all of them in my library.

anastef

I've made like no progress on Arkham Knight (Put joke about a bad port here). I'm doing some side content but in not sure if I should even bother with it until I beat the game. Especially because a lot of progress on missions seems to be blocked off until I do more story content. Which annoys me since I like completing one thing and moving onto the next.

Game is still unplayable even amd and nvidia realized new drivers ?

I can guess ,denuvo is the reason.It is bad like starforce in a past.

it sounds much more like poor memory optimization. It's not loading memory well and it's still suffering from memory leaks.

we're now in July and they still haven't put the game back up on the store. It must've been in a bad way if they're still trying to get it in order.

I can guess ,denuvo is the reason.It is bad like starforce in a past.

I don't think so. Dragon Age supposedly had Denuvo as well and I had 0 issues running that compared to ArkKnight.

it sounds much more like poor memory optimization. It's not loading memory well and it's still suffering from memory leaks.

we're now in July and they still haven't put the game back up on the store. It must've been in a bad way if they're still trying to get it in order.

And not dates or anything yet, right? Must've been super fucked up.

gimme season pass pls =)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The "Batman: Arkham Knight will be available on SteamOS, Linux and Mac in Fall 2015." line was apparently on the store page from the very beginning and has nothing to do with the pulled PC version

Yeah, that's just referencing when they expected the game to hit SteamOS/Linux. It's always been Fall 2015 for those platforms

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A fall re-release would be enough time to completely report the game.

I do wonder how they'll make it up to people who bought the game, especially season pass owners now that they won't be getting DLC in a timely fashion.

anastef

Friend told me that game use 4gb memory at start,what wrong did they done ?

Hey SteamGAF apparently you can use this site to see which Nuuvem games are region locked.

http://vps179849.ovh.net/#purchType

I saw it on local forum and it seams that it is ok. My Avast AV is not reporting anything suspicious and there is no logging in.
You can also just consult this list, which is chiefly composed of Sega and Focus titles, but that site is handy for those who are iffy about activating keys with a VPN.
Bookmarked both. Thanks guys.

A fall re-release would be enough time to completely report the game.

I do wonder how they'll make it up to people who bought the game, especially season pass owners now that they won't be getting DLC in a timely fashion.

They'll release some teaser trailers for proper framerate, stutter-free gameplay and other features. One each week

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'll probably be hated for this around these parts but I finally ordered an alienware alpha + extra ram to get on the new gaming hotness.

I decided that I just don't have the patience or time to build my own :/

so yeah, everything should be on my doorstep tomorrow.

By all means, if you think the Alienware is the best solution for you, enjoy it. No one should give you crap for getting a solution that works for you. And given the small form factor, the Alpha is actually considered a pretty good entrant in terms of value. Nothing I've seen indicates it's a worse offering than, say, the Steam Machines launching this fall.

That being said, often times people buy things--like, say, gaming laptops--which they regret shortly thereafter and when people give advice it's normally to prevent those kinds of situations. Many PC part stores will assemble parts you've selected for you for a token $40-50 charge, so often times even if you're not assembling it yourself you can save money doing it this way. So if you find yourself unhappy with the Alpha during the return period, that's an option for you.

I've never built something that's as small as the Alpha, but building a PC generally takes about 30-45 minutes even if you've never done it before. Test PSU. Put processor on motherboard. Test motherboard outside box. Install risers in box. Install motherboard in box. Attach storage. It takes a lot more time to find parts than it does to assemble them.

Again, all of this is just sort of "for your information, to help you make decisions going forward" not "lol you made the wrong decision". I hope the Alpha works out well for you.

I've never built something that's as small as the Alpha, but building a PC generally takes about 30-45 minutes even if you've never done it before.

It took me 45 minutes just to install my CPU cooler last time around (Hyper Evo 212). I will give a cookie to anyone who can build an entire system in 30 minutes with that hellspawn component in their build :p

komorebi

Hey SteamGAF apparently you can use this site to see which Nuuvem games are region locked.

http://vps179849.ovh.net/#purchType

I saw it on local forum and it seams that it is ok. My Avast AV is not reporting anything suspicious and there is no logging in.

This is great, thanks. Using this I've discovered why I had recent problems with Nuuvem: the few specific games and DLCs I was trying to buy were region locked and that's why I was getting stonewalled at the Paypal checkout screen. I wish I had known this beforehand because all my troubleshooting and question-asking was pointless.

anastef

It took me 45 minutes just to install my CPU cooler last time around (Hyper Evo 212). I will give a cookie to anyone who can build an entire system in 30 minutes with that hellspawn component in their build :p

But for that 45min you are sure that everything is ok.You checked every possible mistake solution in less than hour ;)

rtcn63

I had to actually stop building my tower for the day because of the 212. Was like, ''Fuck it, I'll try this shit again tomorrow or something." Spending a little extra and getting a Noctua next time.

Also the Define R4 is a shit case for installing motherboards, since the holes don't often line up. Cheap and silent though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finally played D4 after having it bought on Xbox One last year and buying it on Steam Day 1, went in blind...

Swery manages to keep a lot of what made Deadly Premonition entertaining and endearing while also tackling new and different areas. Finished all three episodes currently out, hope there are more and it does well to make them, there were some absolutely quality moments in all three episodes, both in humor, in characters and character development, over-the-top stuff, but some down-toned human elements that actually managed to make me a tad bit emotional as it continued.

Jeez, I want there to be more badly. XD; It also ends on such a cliffhanger.

Tizoc

Finally played D4 after having it bought on Xbox One last year and buying it on Steam Day 1, went in blind...

Swery manages to keep a lot of what made Deadly Premonition entertaining and endearing while also tackling new and different areas. Finished all three episodes currently out, hope there are more and it does well to make them, there were some absolutely quality moments in all three episodes, both in humor, in characters and character development, over-the-top stuff, but some down-toned human elements that actually managed to make me a tad bit emotional as it continued.

Does the game run at 60 FPS for you? It's 30 FPS for me with Vsync on, and 60 with Vsync off. I've posted about this in the game's Steam page but got no reply :/

I got a semi-prebuilt PC, case, mobo, cpu, cpu-fan, psu and bought and plugged in dvd, gpu, hdd, ssd, ram and it still took me very long. I was a bit too cautious, haha.

45mins a whole PC though? Man, that's almost unbelievably fast for a non-business person.

Dusk Golem

Does the game run at 60 FPS for you? It's 30 FPS for me with Vsync on, and 60 with Vsync off. I've posted about this in the game's Steam page but got no reply :/

Ran pretty perfect 60fps the whole time, so I can't say too much. I didn't notice any slowdown at all. But I don't have Vsync on and I played in windowed mode as I was streaming and have one monitor, so I can't say if that helped anything. Performance seemed super tight for me.

FloatOn

By all means, if you think the Alienware is the best solution for you, enjoy it. No one should give you crap for getting a solution that works for you. And given the small form factor, the Alpha is actually considered a pretty good entrant in terms of value. Nothing I've seen indicates it's a worse offering than, say, the Steam Machines launching this fall.

That being said, often times people buy things--like, say, gaming laptops--which they regret shortly thereafter and when people give advice it's normally to prevent those kinds of situations. Many PC part stores will assemble parts you've selected for you for a token $40-50 charge, so often times even if you're not assembling it yourself you can save money doing it this way. So if you find yourself unhappy with the Alpha during the return period, that's an option for you.

I've never built something that's as small as the Alpha, but building a PC generally takes about 30-45 minutes even if you've never done it before. Test PSU. Put processor on motherboard. Test motherboard outside box. Install risers in box. Install motherboard in box. Attach storage. It takes a lot more time to find parts than it does to assemble them.

Again, all of this is just sort of "for your information, to help you make decisions going forward" not "lol you made the wrong decision". I hope the Alpha works out well for you.

I appreciate the insight. I wasn't aware I could pay someone to put it all together for me.

I was able to get the alpha on amazon for $388 which is less than a current gen console. It comes with a wireless controller which is something I needed to buy anyway so that knocks it down another $50 or so. Plus, it comes with all the components and OS installed so there is a savings there as well.

The thing I researched and loved most is how easy it seems to upgrade everything but the GPU. I went ahead and ordered the extra RAM and I may even put in a SSD for better load times.

I'm very much looking forward to having a small gaming pc to put under my tv rather than beside it.

lashman

Secrets of Grindea is an old-school Action RPG with co-op support for up to 4 players. It is a tribute to and sometimes a parody of the old SNES games so many of us grew up with and loved! Journey through fantastical lands and battle tons of different enemies and bosses in your quest for truth, friendship and, above all, finding the world's rarest treasures!

Intrigued but not sold? Try out the demo!

Want to get some insight into development? Visit our DevBlog!

Key Features

• Character customization. There are no class restrictions, which gives you precise control over how your character develops! A flaming ice mage smashing faces with axes? Sure thing! On top of this, there’s a wide variety of haircuts, hats and head gears that will make your character look unique as well.
  • Co-op support for up to four players! Bring your friends on the adventure by inviting them directly via Steam!
  • A story filled with mystery, laughs and suspense will take you through dungeons and fields of all shapes in the rich and varied world of Grindea. A ton of side quests and hidden content will keep you busy for hours after finishing the game!
  • Arcade Mode features a unique experience of procedurally generated Action RPG madness, truly putting your skills to the test. Help build the town of Arcadia by rising to the challenge of this extremely tough and replayable mode!
  • A pet system that makes sure you never have to be alone, even when playing by yourself. Catch any of the cute tameable animals and have them accompany you on your adventures while also boosting your skills!

Tizoc

Ran pretty perfect 60fps the whole time, so I can't say too much. I didn't notice any slowdown at all. But I don't have Vsync on and I played in windowed mode as I was streaming and have one monitor, so I can't say if that helped anything. Performance seemed super tight for me.

Hmm maybe I should do bordreless fullscreen, how do I add that option thru Steam again?

Phawx

I'll probably be hated for this around these parts but I finally ordered an alienware alpha + extra ram to get on the new gaming hotness.

I decided that I just don't have the patience or time to build my own :/

so yeah, everything should be on my doorstep tomorrow.

Was this the one that was like $350 with 4GB of ram on Amazon?

Hektor

D4 did like shit. Apparently 10.000 Copies sold on the Xbox One and 15.000 on Steam.

The good news on the other hand, swery is already working on the second season and already released a screenshot of it:
http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/05/swery65-d4-pc-interview/

But i dont think we're ever seeing the end of the story if the sales continue to be so poor. :(

Crazy that even with MS's exclusivity deal and getting tons more visibility because of that, it still sold so poor on Xbox.
Compare that to its PC release where no big company "pushed it" but almost every "PR" came from the community themselves and it sold more.
Is it because Xbox's demographic doesn't fit with D4's style? At least other devs should take note that going multiplat is best.

Jawmuncher

Crazy that even with MS's exclusivity deal and getting tons more visibility because of that, it still sold so poor on Xbox.
Compare that to its PC release where no big company "pushed it" but almost every "PR" came from the community themselves and it sold more.
Is it because Xbox's demographic doesn't fit with D4's style? At least other devs should take note that going multiplat is best.

Tons of visibility? Did you forget that D4 was literally just dumped one day on the store? Hell most of the played copies only happened because of games for gold. Series is dead in the water it seems. Though PC sales are nice enough.

Amzin

If this can help, yes, AK is unplayable on PC, or at least it was for me. But I played it.
How? Well, I stopped playing after 40 minutes- 1 hour, because the game would crash or become unplayable due to stuttering.
I mean, I had frame drops the whole time, but it was playable for the first thirty minutes or so. After that, the stutter was so bad I need to kill the game and reboot my PC, because it drained all my memory. Even simply using Win 8.1 to navigate the web was very sluggish without a reboot.
Oh, all of this with 1366*768 resolution, 30 fps and optimization suggested by WB, that in my case did nothing at all.
So yeah, there's a lot of work to do, here.
But I need also to report that a friend of mine played the game with no frame issue at all, strange because my CPU is better than the one he has on his PC, while the GPU is the same, a 970.
So it's really random, I think. I didn't manage to run it properly, but I want to play it because t the moment I have not so many games to play (in fact I'm doing some games from Plus, now).

I recently finished 100% on PC, and mostly had none of the problems everyone else had with an older i7 and a 770ti. I had settings down pretty far though. I'm holding off on NG+ until the patches hit for sure though, would like to play it with the settings turned up a bit.

Caerith

It's probably at least in part because it was designed as a Kinect game, then MS dropped the Kinect. (Yeah you can play without Kinect, but it's still a Kinect game.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It took me forever to install the DeepCool Maelstrom 240. It was a huge pain with just one pair of hands.

lashman

1BSBroM.jpg

Sol Divide delivers players with the action they are looking for and a story that places them right in the heat of the battle in this fantasy-based shooter. With 3 characters to choose from, players will battle their way through various levels in order to beat the evil Iftar who holds the magical sword Sol Divide. With a combination of magic and hand to hand combat, you will be able to defeat Iftar and recover the sacred Spirit Stone.

Tons of visibility? Did you forget that D4 was literally just dumped one day on the store? Hell most of the played copies only happened because of games for gold. Series is dead in the water it seems. Though PC sales are nice enough.
But it got shown and talked at huge events like E3. That's really big stuff for small studios. Sure it didn't get AAA treatment but still a whole lot more than most games.
It's probably at least in part because it was designed as a Kinect game, then MS dropped the Kinect. (Yeah you can play without Kinect, but it's still a Kinect game.)
You're right. I forgot that it was a kinect game at first. Hm, might have caused disinterest to some. Shame.

Dusk Golem

D4 did like shit. Apparently 10.000 Copies sold on the Xbox One and 15.000 on Steam.

The good news on the other hand, swery is already working on the second season and already released a screenshot of it:
http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/05/swery65-d4-pc-interview/

But i dont think we're ever seeing the end of the story if the sales continue to be so poor. :(

I think maybe like Deadly Premonition, it may have to spread through word of mouth. I streamed it for the last several hours, and I know that many people watching had never heard of the game, but many got interested and decided to stop watching to pick it up themselves or others to support based on my playing of it. And I certainly am going to talk about it now.

D4 is part the sort of craziness Swery is known for between Deadly Premonition especially but also Spy Fiction, partially a confident episodic game in the style somewhat of something like a TellTale game mixed with a point'n'click game/Heavy Rain esque system, but defined with likable and well-developed characters (by the last episode I realized I had gotten really attached to the main cast), and a spinkle of laugh-out-loud moments, surprisingly emotional moments, and interesting twists and turn both in terms of over-the-top action and developments, a more clever-feeling surrealistic/psychological angle some of the story takes, and a growing world that got more fleshed-out as it went on. It also had a surprising amount of optional content, I did a LOT and got a good chunk of collectibles and scenes, but there's still much to do.

D4 both feels like a spiritual successor to Deadly Premonition, but also quite different from it. It doesn't feel like it's treading the same ground, but has a lot of what made DP great in it, but in its own way.This is 100% a case where it deserves a lot more success than it currently has, and I desperately hope word of mouth spreads, because the game is absolutely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom