• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

I thought No Time To Explain was delisted because it was getting updated for free to the remastered version?

ViZe9mL.png

FloatOn

Was this the one that was like $350 with 4GB of ram on Amazon?

yeah, I got mine for $388. The base model used to be $550 so I think I made a pretty good deal.

I picked up 2x4gb for around $40. So in the end I spent a little more than a new console but from all of my research I should get equal or better performance on my games with the added bonus of keeping all of my games in one place (managing two platforms is crazy to me).

granted, I'm not going to have uber performance like most of you but I'm willing to sacrifice that for having everything taken care of for me in a tiny box I can fit in my entertainment center in the living room :)

Kagemusha

right but what I mean is, shouldn't it just be 1 entry?
The Ship has a second entry for single player and a third entry for the Tutorial. Some devs are just crazy.

Two branches also allows them to save time and not having to worry about save game corruption for people that are only half way through the story.

Phawx

yeah, I got mine for $388. The base model used to be $550 so I think I made a pretty good deal.

I picked up 2x4gb for around $40. So in the end I spent a little more than a new console but from all of my research I should get equal or better performance on my games with the added bonus of keeping all of my games in one place (managing two platforms is crazy to me).

granted, I'm not going to have uber performance like most of you but I'm willing to sacrifice that for having everything taken care of for me in a tiny box I can fit in my entertainment center in the living room :)

Nice. All considered, that deal was actually really good. Take some pictures and let us know your impressions.

Turfster

The IndieGala store is having a Daedalic week, with new flash sales every day

BundleStars is doing LEGO triple packs, 29-79% off

WinGameStore is doing an indie game sale

Jawmuncher

But it got shown and talked at huge events like E3. That's really big stuff for small studios. Sure it didn't get AAA treatment but still a whole lot more than most games.

You're right. I forgot that it was a kinect game at first. Hm, might have caused disinterest to some. Shame.

Still if you look back its not as much as you might think. It was basically just shown in sizzle reels and the like. Yeah more than some games but it's not like it did much for it at the end of the day.

Tizoc

Found a trader who is offering One Piece PW3 Gold Edition for $53.
It may not be Russian traders price but unless GMG puts such games up for sale, it's good enough for me.

I played it back when it released and I got it at launch. I'm just going back to see if I can complete all of the Hitman games, but man I don't have the temper or patience to deal with these things in Codename 47.

I never played Silent Assassin and Contracts though. I have all of them in my library.
You should skip 47 then. Most of the missions are remade in Contracts and done much better than the original game. Contracts is pretty much "hey, we know people aren't going to play hitman 1 so we're going to make a better version of it"

Ventara

Hey guys, I've been wanting to download a few games on Steam, but due to my data cap, I haven't been able to. Is it possible to download the games at work, transfer them to a harddrive, and then to my home computer? If so, do I need to download the Steam client at work? What's the best way to hide Steam?

Rocket League is so much fun. I stayed up way too late last night playing it, and all I can think about today at work is getting home to play some more. It's one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

kevin1025

Banned
The IndieGala store is having a Daedalic week, with new flash sales every day

BundleStars is doing LEGO triple packs, 29-79% off

WinGameStore is doing an indie game sale

Really tempted on those LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Jurassic bundles. Prices are just right.

Copons

Hey guys, I've been wanting to download a few games on Steam, but due to my data cap, I haven't been able to. Is it possible to download the games at work, transfer them to a harddrive, and then to my home computer? If so, do I need to download the Steam client at work? What's the best way to hide Steam?

You should be able to download the game wherever you want and simply copy the game folder (located in, say, "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common") from your work PC to an external drive and from there to your home PC's "...\common" folder).
Then just run Steam and install that game. Steam will simply check if everything is alright and in case it will download something missing.

But yes, you need to have Steam installed to download a game. And no, I have no idea how to hide anything from your corporate creepy eyes. :(

Rocket League is so much fun. I stayed up way too late last night playing it, and all I can think about today at work is getting home to play some more. It's one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

It has that "one more match" thing going for it that makes it really hard to pull away from. I feel like every match i'm understanding the feel of the game more and more. It's a simple game on its surface but there is a surprising amount of depth to it given that it's car soccer

It has that "one more match" thing going for it that makes it really hard to pull away from. I feel like every match i'm understanding the feel of the game more and more. It's a simple game on its surface but there is a surprising amount of depth to it given that it's car soccer

Yeah that's exactly it. For whatever reason I decided to start a season around midnight and had to force myself away around 2am. Fun stuff.

MUnited83

For you.
I think the Rain Blood guys would have much better sucesso by discounting the game by 90%, put some cards on it and put it on the weeklong deals. Would gather much more attention.

Ventara

You should be able to download the game wherever you want and simply copy the game folder (located in, say, "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common") from your work PC to an external drive and from there to your home PC's "...\common" folder).
Then just run Steam and install that game. Steam will simply check if everything is alright and in case it will download something missing.

But yes, you need to have Steam installed to download a game. And no, I have no idea how to hide anything from your corporate creepy eyes. :(

Alright, thanks! My boss's office is right next to mine, but he takes Wednesdays and Fridays off, so I should be good to download those days.

Pachimari

You should skip 47 then. Most of the missions are remade in Contracts and done much better than the original game. Contracts is pretty much "hey, we know people aren't going to play hitman 1 so we're going to make a better version of it"

Yeah, but it would also be cool, to play the original levels, and see them remade in Contracts later. I might go through with Codename 47, or just get back to one of the 10 games I'm currently playing anyway heh.

[edit]
Just bought Cities: Skylines.
Another one I'll be playing alongside the other games.

But I heard good things about this one.

Kagemusha

Seriously?

I really enjoyed what I played of it. Always wondered why no one else ever talked about it, but I guess it's probably because no one on GAF besides me even played it

Owners prior to price change: 4,532 ± 1,540. So they made about $50,000 from the game if every sale was at $15 minus valve fee.

Just cutting the base price is strange because very few will see that.

KainXVIII

Too bad its not Arcade or Saturn port though..
The pre-level story scenes are all cut from the Arcade mode, and the endings were simply left in Japanese. There was an English version of the arcade game produced, so why they couldn't have used that translation is a mystery. The option to save your game has also been cryptically removed. For the Arcade mode, this means you can't save your score, which is a bit annoying. On the other hand, it totally ruins the Original Mode, because in order to properly beat it, you'd need to do it all in one sitting.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/soldivide/soldivide.htm

Chariot

The amazing thing about Dishonored is that you can basically play like you want. Love the options of playstyles. You can use magic, or you can play the game without ever using magic outside of tutorial sections, you can kill to your hearts desire or not kill at all, you can be a Rambo Assassin or a unmagical ninja. Really love the game.

FloatOn

I love Dishonored and Deus Ex HR

Stealth fans take themselves too seriously sometimes I think.

Slightly broken mechanics are okay so long as the game is still enjoyable.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It doesn't have a PC version, they package an emulator with the game (and a custom frontend)

If it worked well, that'd be fine. Koudelka is the prequel to the Shadow Heart series, and is a solid horror-rpg that had some nice characters, an interesting, not wholly original, but well-told story, good music, exploration was like a survival-horror game, but with a battle system like a turn-based strategy board game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom