• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reprisal Universe is great and only 0,69€. Get it

ss_a570bb23628806669faa60d519c55f84d854c657.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319560/

Wok

One of my two gaming PC stopped working in the middle of a Dota2 game yesterday evening. It was only 4 years old, and started freezing, randomly rebooting and BSOD'ed once the day before. I am not buying a pre-built Acer PC (from Amazon) again. I also had another Acer desktop computer which stopped working only a few years after I bought it.

For comparison, my previous desktop (HP) computer stopped working after 10 years (because of the power supply). The Dell laptop which I bought in college is 8 years old and still working fine. All other computers in the family (Dell for laptops, hand-made for desktop PC) are quite young and working fine.

inm8num2

Mystery games in the Humble Weekly Bohemia 2 bundle revealed:

Original War (base tier)
Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic (BTA tier)
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission ($20 tier)

Lain

Pretty possible it's been already posted and it slipped past me, though a reminder never hurts. I just saw on shinyloot that keys for Will Fight for Food for buyers of the Groupees Shiny Loot 2 Bundle have been added.

I bow to your stealth like superiority. I didn't have the patience for that.

No stealth superiority -- since you can't really stealth them in the original DE:HR.

In a way, I actually liked that you were forced to fight and kill them and there was no stealth option for the fights. I always looked at it as if it made it a bit more realistic -- Jensen could definitely be thrown into situations where it was kill or be killed and not have a choice to deal with the problem at hand using stealth/non-lethal options. This particularly applied to that third boss fight, as you get thrown in a room with no weapons possibly
with crippled augmentations
and the elite leader of the enemy focused on ending you. Kill or be killed certainly fit.

Tizoc

Did jshackles release a new ver. of Idle master that makes getting cards from a game not take like 12 hours for all card drops?

Did jshackles release a new ver. of Idle master that makes getting cards from a game not take like 12 hours for all card drops?
The delay is steam not idle master. It takes 2 hours before cards start dropping. You know to stop people from buying games, getting cards, then refunding the game.
Read that wrong. Sorry

MUnited83

For you.

Yeah, there's a separate program called Idlemaster Helper. It idles all the games with cards to the 2 hour mark at the same time.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Doomed'n Damned is an action game based on retro/classic platform games from Arcades and 16 bit consoles, but revised to the HD era. The level design, characters, plot and difficulty have a lot of influence from the late 80s and early 90s games. The development and production is by arc-gen, an one man indie game studio.

Features:

• 16 Bit cheesy sense of humor
  • Epic boss fighting
  • Voice over dialogues
  • Challenging difficulty
  • Classic level design
  • Classic weapons and skills
  • Multiple path levels
  • Secret items and areas

Haunted

Used to play that, great game. Might start again now it's on steam.
Honest question: is there a way to reset your progress in Card Hunter? Without creating a new account, obviously.

I'd be tempted to replay that game from scratch with all the new content since playing the browser version 2 years ago. but I'm not seeing an option for this...

Vuze

Did Platinum remove the resolution lock for Korra? I remember reading at launch it was locked to 1080p, with Platinum citing the same excuse they did for Rising.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra#Video_settings
I recently played through it and had DSR enabled up to 4K. None of the downsampling resolutions showed up. So unless they removed that lock within the last two weeks or so, I don't think they did.

Speaking of locked resolution games, Toukiden is also still locked to 1080p. Their latest patch introduced support for the overpriced DLC quest packs instead of doing anything about this lol. First and last KT game I buy on PC. Props to their US community manager tho, he was really ambitious in forwarding bugs and improvement suggestions to the JP dev team.

Grief.exe

no unless they patched it

I recently played through it and had DSR enabled up to 4K. None of the downsampling resolutions showed up. So unless they removed that lock within the last two weeks or so, I don't think they did.

Speaking of locked resolution games, Toukiden is also still locked to 1080p. Their latest patch introduced support for the overpriced DLC quest packs instead of doing anything about this lol. First and last KT game I buy on PC. Props to their US community manager tho, he was really ambitious in forwarding bugs and improvement suggestions to the JP dev team.

Apparently, WSGF got Rising running in 21:9 at massive resolutions through the flawless wide-screen program.

I wonder if that would also work on Korra. Unfortunately, I can't find a page specific to Korra on WSGF.

Locked to 1080p! The nerve! Garbage port!

r3n4ud

What's the best licensed LEGO game on Steam and why?
They all play the same. Depends which one tickles your fancy. Personally, I love Lego Marvel since there's a shitload of heroes/baddies to unlock and a fun city to explore. Also, Lego Jurassic is awesome too since it has dinos.

Caerith

What's the best licensed LEGO game on Steam and why?

Whichever has your favorite license, because it's your favorite license.

Other than that, I think the newer they get the better they get? But probably not drastically so, because why fix what works.

I feel so out of the conversation lately. I'm at about 120 hours of Witcher 3 played and feel kind of cut off from the rest of games in general. Can't really complain too much since tw3 is one of my favorite rpgs ever now and an amazing sequel to the books. But this feeling reminds me of a lighter version of the reason i don't play mmos. Playing one game constantly forever sure leads to missing out on a lot of others.

I played AK on a couple sick days though and enjoyed that. Looking forward to checking out Rocket League when Witcher is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom