• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Yeah, I don't consider a 60€ PC game in 2015 that comes with locked resolution, gamespeed tied to 30fps and horrible KBM support a fantastic port that is worth its asking price. Excuse my entitlement.

Should never have to apologize for being a good consumer.

Teggy

LEGO Marvel. All the Marvel heros and a fun city to just roam around in inbetween story chapters

They all play the same. Depends which one tickles your fancy. Personally, I love Lego Marvel since there's a shitload of heroes/baddies to unlock and a fun city to explore. Also, Lego Jurassic is awesome too since it has dinos.

LEGO Star Wars because Star Wars, LEGO Indiana Jones because Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman because Batman.

Whichever has your favorite license, because it's your favorite license.

Other than that, I think the newer they get the better they get? But probably not drastically so, because why fix what works.

OK, well oddly enough I have Marvel on PS4 so maybe I will play that one. I tried to get into the Star Wars one a bunch of times but I could never get past the fact that dying didn't really mean anything other than a 5 second delay. Which one is closest to LEGO City Undercover? I enjoyed that one.

L.O.R.D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9BbLRceCA

JS2YHTe.jpg

Caerith

OK, well oddly enough I have Marvel on PS4 so maybe I will play that one. I tried to get into the Star Wars one a bunch of times but I could never get past the fact that dying didn't really mean anything other than a 5 second delay. Which one is closest to LEGO City Undercover? I enjoyed that one.
Yeah it might be a while before LEGO Souls comes to PC.

Khronico

TESO is actually really good and I'm glad I bought it (even though it's not the steam version). It's awesome to finally be able to explore all the different landmasses that haven't been in the series yet (or in a primitive form such as TES Daggerfall).

Of the modern MMOs I've played I'd say this is my favorite one alongside FF14.

It's better than Skyrim

Teggy

Yeah it might be a while before LEGO Souls comes to PC.

LOL, I mean there's nothing trying to make you get better at the game - you respawn in the exact same place and nothing changes. The game just kind of says, "there, there, why don't you just take a breath?"

I finished Space Marine.

Well, that's a bummer of an ending. Most games start with you getting out of jail, this one ends with you getting roped. And i'm guessing that Relic isn't ever coming back to this since it's been so long and we haven't heard a peep about it and theyre owned by sega so lol

Yeah, I don't consider a 60€ PC game in 2015 that comes with locked resolution, gamespeed tied to 30fps and horrible KBM support a fantastic port that is worth its asking price. Excuse my entitlement.

#PCMR -- where we get pissed that a game exclusive to consoles was ported over to us so we didn't have to by "peasant" hardware and then bitch because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a PC could theoretically support.

Also, l can't fathom the mention of horrible KB/M support here. Only PCMR would expect a game designed for consoles/handhelds (and thus built around a controller in terms of gameplay design) to contain wonderfully well adapted keyboard/mouse controls.

AHA-Lambda

Started playing Obscure, the production values are amazing; the music and voice acting are simply something else! XD

But on the whole so far, it's a dated but competent Resi clone :)

user237

I tried to trade a game on Indie Gala's trade service (still in beta).

After the trade expired with no offers, I can't see my game code in the account page anymore. Which means I will probably have to email them and ask them to fix it for me.

I would say that for now, people shouldn't use the Indie Gala trade until they get that fixed.

Uzzy

I finished Space Marine.

Well, that's a bummer of an ending. Most games start with you getting out of jail, this one ends with you getting roped. And i'm guessing that Relic isn't ever coming back to this since it's been so long and we haven't heard a peep about it and theyre owned by sega so lol

It wouldn't be 40k if it had a happy ending. There had been talk somewhere of a Space Marine sequel with Titus working with the Inquisition, which would have been cool.

Tizoc

#PCMR -- where we get pissed that a game exclusive to consoles was ported over to us so we didn't have to by "peasant" hardware and then bitch because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a PC could theoretically support.

Also, l can't fathom the mention of horrible KB/M support here. Only PCMR would expect a game designed for consoles/handhelds (and thus built around a controller in terms of gameplay design) to contain wonderfully well adapted keyboard/mouse controls.

He's pissed more at the price than the port itself.

Chariot

Revolutionary rebels eh? Vive la Deutschland!
The rebels wanted some obscure government form. It's only the 18th century, I am not ready yet to leave feudalism >_>

Dat over-extension. I can never get that much growth in any of my ironman playthroughs.
Well, I am playing with the Extended timeline mod and started in 50 AD during the peak of the Roman Empire, so I had 1740 years time to grow that size. Basically own all of Europe, either directly or due Royal Marriages and one Ally in the form Odryssa. At this point it's almost a bit boring since there is nothing that could seriously oppose my germanic powers, I am just blobbing everything to death. But the mod is a lot of fun in general.

Resolution options are "bells and whistles"? Are you serious?

KarmaCow

Anyone know what's up with Rainblood Chronicles getting it's base price slashed to $1? Last I read up on the game the developers were getting screwed by the publisher, having to release patches via third party sites.

Arthea

yeah, cards aren't dropping at all, at least here, not sure why, it was fine yesterday. Unless one card of a banana game needs more than 4 hours to drop

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I'm just going to assume this is parody considering how angry you get about achievements.

I feel so out of the conversation lately. I'm at about 120 hours of Witcher 3 played and feel kind of cut off from the rest of games in general. Can't really complain too much since tw3 is one of my favorite rpgs ever now and an amazing sequel to the books. But this feeling reminds me of a lighter version of the reason i don't play mmos. Playing one game constantly forever sure leads to missing out on a lot of others.

Take a break. I did it too because it kind of started to feel like the game was taking away too much time from other stuff I wanted to do. Stopped for a week as soon as I hit Skellige and felt refreshed when I picked it up again.

In other news, Rocket League is awesome. Thanks a lot to Cth for hooking me up. Their matchmaking seems to be overloaded but it was just crazy fun to play when I did get a chance. Also, a couple of friends asked me about the game when they saw me playing it or on their Steam community feed and now they both own it too. This whole idea of getting players to sell the game to their friends like this really does work.

Minecraft for PC is now available on Amazon (non Steam obviously). First place to ever sell the PC version other than the Mojang website.

komorebi

Please tell me you're joking with the master race crap.

Vuze

Oh, I'm glad they brought the game/genre over to PC and I'm enjoying it for about 20h now. But this doesn't excuse the poor technical execution. And really, support for arbitrary resolutions is the last thing I'd consider "bells and whistles". It's just backwards and not future-proof.

As for controls, sure I get it may be hard to remap them to KBM. But then don't do a half-assed job and instead outright say a controller is required/recommended like a plethora of other games on steam do.

Chariot

maybe there'll be a suicide squad game on steam

but i'm liking the trailer
Trailer was utterly boring. That ain't my Suicide Squad so far. Though, Suicide Squad could work out very well as an X-Com style game, just with a lot of unique characters than random ones.

But I still want a Secret Six game written by Gail Simone above all.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Angry about achievements? Apparently, you either didn't fully read my viewpoints on Klei (since that's obviously what this refers to) or entirely missed the point.
I'm aware of your full opinion and still can't really get behind the reasoning -- which doesn't ultimately matter. I don't have to agree or even think it is reasonable because your reasons are your reasons.

But simply that achievements would be mentioned in your argument for why Klei should be tried in the Hague makes me feel like you aren't approaching people's wants for the quality of the game they pay for fairly in this discussion.

Maniac

Banned
Trailer was utterly boring. That ain't my Suicide Squad so far. Though, Suicide Squad could work out very well as an X-Com style game, just with a lot of unique characters than random ones.

But I still want a Secret Six game written by Gail Simone above all.

Suicide Squad, much like all of DC's stuff, is sodding trash 90% of the time. I'm not sure I even want any of their upcoming movies. :p

Lomax

LOL, I mean there's nothing trying to make you get better at the game - you respawn in the exact same place and nothing changes. The game just kind of says, "there, there, why don't you just take a breath?"

Some of the Lego games (especially the early ones) are designed tightly enough that a few deaths will keep you from being able to get the 100% pickup you need for full completion of a level. I remember playing Lego Star Wars on my DS and if you died even a couple of times when going for pickups you weren't going to get it. And some of the puzzles and secrets were actually pretty devious. From my experience though, the newer games aren't that fussy except for some levels.

Now obviously, they aren't designed to be punishing and if you're just playing them to go through there's not that much challenge. They are more about exploration and humor, and a certain small degree of puzzle solving. They aren't challenging action games by any measure. That's why the answer is always "play the ones with the licenses you love," because that's going to be what drives your enjoyment.

Chariot

Revolutionary or constitutional republic?
I think the latter, but I am not sure anymore. My Unions and the Ordo Malleus whiped them out quickly. I have to deal with the muslims, ain't got no time for rebels.

Suicide Squad, much like all of DC's stuff, is sodding trash 90% of the time. I'm not sure I even want any of their upcoming movies. :p
I really loved DC, but they really struggle to keep up with Marvel since Disney bought them.The MCU is just fantastic from dark streetlevel Daredevil over whacky Superheroes, the even whackiger Guardians to the amazingly epic Shield and the emporering Agent Carter. And they just started.

DC got... MoS and edgy trailers. :/

rtcn63

I just hope MoS and SS aren't as formulaic as Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier (haven't seen AoU). Hell, those two were practically the same movie.

Fuck, I'll still watch anything they put out. Women in spandex.

Chariot

I just hope MoS and SS aren't as formulaic as Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier (haven't seen AoU). Hell, those two were practically the same movie.

Winter Soldier gets so much better if you watch Agents of Shield. The series starts slow, but it becomes amaaaaazing.

rtcn63

Winter Soldier gets so much better if you watch Agents of Shield. The series starts slow, but it becomes amaaaaazing.

I couldn't finish the first episode. I was all, "Hey, it's the guy from Angel!"... then I changed the channel.

Maybe I'll give it another shot, at worst, I could skip a lot of the beginning episodes.

Pachimari

Everything is under control, citizens of the United Germanic Europe. Nothing to see.

What game is this?
Europa Universalis IV?

You can skip Age of Ultron. It was such a huge disappointment, and really made it clear, how formulaic Marvel have made their Cinematic Universe, and I'm a huge Marvel fan.

I couldn't finish the first episode. I was all, "Hey, it's the guy from Angel!"... then I changed the channel.

Maybe I'll give it another shot, at worst, I could skip a lot of the beginning episodes.
It is worth it. Ask in the Agents of Shield OT, about which episodes you should watch from Season 1.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

You play Barbara-ian, a mythical badass with perma-rage & a penchant for smashing. Featuring super fast paced physics based mayhem, one hit is all that stands between you and a quick restart

Barbara-ian is a randomly generated dungeon crawler focused on pure action! Gameplay consists of marauding through dungeons smashing everything in your path - doors, tombs, gelatinous cubes etc - using physics-driven combat ensuring nothing stands in your way. Smash through chests & loot the weapons inside to progress deeper into dungeonland!

Unlike other dungeon crawler heroes, Barbara-ian has no inventory, no skill system, no health bars. She doesn't want to duel with her enemies, doesn't want to carry a bag full of callipers OR tongs, and she doesn't need a spreadsheet to tell her how to kick ♥♥♥. One hit is all it takes to kill anything, even her!

In terms of progress, the game is feature complete and very playable but we want to add content content content and we need your feedback in order to do this. Early adopters can expect to be part of a rapid and responsive development process, as zany and oddball weapons fill Barbara-ian's arsenal, a multitude of labyrinthine dungeons are unearthed and enemies spring from the pages of our classic D&D Monster Manual!

We hope you'll join us and Barbara-ian for the ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom