• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Just refunded a game and got it accepted. The game was purchased on 30th June, so I think more than 14 days have passed or marginally passed

I think I have refunded too many games lately. Most games that I bought during the Summer sale have been refunded >.<

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I brought it up before and it wasn't met with a lot of approval.
"At least it's better than anime"

I think posting news and new releases is fine to an extent, but only if you actually have something to say about it and can tell the thread why it's intersting or worth sharing.

Posting everything you can find and never commenting or replying to anything is just bad posting imo.

Yeah, pretty much. Limit the news feed to new releases or newly-added store pages that are noteworthy in some way instead of relying on auto-pilot. ;)

I actually appreciate Iashman's efforts and it informs me on a lot of things I may have otherwise missed, but maybe others feel differently than me.

Seconded.
Perhaps we should make them shorter instead though?
Like the genre, what the game is all about, and a pic with the store hyperlink. I think that would be fine, just like the greenlight posts by Arthea. I found the greenlight posts informative, as I rarely go to the greenlight page.

Chariot

Seconded.
Perhaps we should make them shorter instead though?
Like the genre, what the game is all about, and a pic with the store hyperlink. I think that would be fine, just like the greenlight posts by Arthea. I found the greenlight posts informative, as I rarely go to the greenlight page.
Funnily enough lashman made his posts longer, with more information, after Yian's initial complaints.

Tizoc

header.jpg

The Hole Story is now available on Steam. This is a game that was made by 8 middle school girls.

Do those who bought it from their website get a steam key?

Deques

Maybe lashman should gather all new game releases and just post once with all of the releases of the day in one big post.
Just seeing him "spam" as soon as there is a new release seems just too much

Tizoc

I say let lashman do it as is now, if he only makes 1 big post with all the games not everyone will notice it.

Deques

It would still be a flood of completely uninteresting crap and interesting releases would get lost. Just like on the Steam frontpage itself. Why not just click through the new releases list once a day if that is what you want?

I like this thread being a community filtered place for news and releases where people post what they find interesting or care about, and why.

Tbh, I don't have interest of new releases since most of them are crap. If I miss an interesting release, so be it I don't really mind to miss anything. From lashman's posts I only click those which have interesting banner image, I rarely read the descriptions. But sometimes I get fooled by the banners too >.<

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think this is where mindsets differ, I love underlooked little games and a lot of great games get so criminally underlooked, it's a real shame. I like collecting games that look interesting to me, and I even play quite a few games.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I've always appreciated lashman's efforts in posting interesting upcoming games. Some people, like me can't access Steam everyday so his posts were a good way for me to keep up with future game releases.

I can understand why some of you might be annoyed but there is no need to chase him off or be rude to him. I would like to see him become an active part of SteamGAF again and not just be forced to post links with no context just because some people are flaming him. If you feel so irritated by his posts there's always the ignore button

Tektonic

I think the problem is not about lashman posting steam stuff but how he posts them with no context at all. Like his tweets from people who I have no idea who they are :)

True, but they are Steam related (albeit tangentially). If he was posting random updates about anything, sure, if understand asking him to stop. But he does post a Steam related service. If some can't handle it, is it really a great pain to scroll down?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I think the problem is not about lashman posting steam stuff but how he posts them with no context at all. Like his tweets from people who I have no idea who they are :)

That's a valid argument and one that I agree with, but these meta-topics are rarely unbiased and cause more harm to the community than good. Many a steam gaffer has left due to this and why the mods are stricter in that sense.

You have a criticism with someones post? Tell them politely, on the thread or by pm. No need to be all dramatic about it.

oipic

I'm a fence-sitter, typically, and I don't feel overly strongly about the 'lashman issue', other than to say that I don't feel it's particularly an issue at all.

There are very valid points being made for and against, but like all things SteamGAF, there will be no way to please everyone... So everything in moderation might be a good rule of thumb.

I'm not sure if lashy is applying any level of curation to the titles posted, a 'quality filter', if you will, but perhaps that would appease those who find the new release posts too numbersome?

Personally I've found some gold among some of the 'lesser' releases, and I don't mind the RSS feed style posting mixed in among the banter. The posts themselves have prompted discussion of those titles on many occasions, too, and it's not like the thread is whizzing along at record pace at the moment. *shrug*

Chariot

Can't wait to dispatch Rashidun and Wei so I can finally eat my allies. I already started to conquer Northamerica as sideproject. Apparently everyone was too busy in the endless struggle in Europe to settle so only the remnants of spain and natives are there.
New daily deals in GMG Summer sale

The Evil Within - 75% off
Wolfenstein The New Order - 75% off
Wolfenstein The Old Blood - 75% off

Is it time to use my GMG credits on these games?
Man, I always get sad when I see TNO. Fuck you, bethesda :/

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Lashman's naturalistic minimalism makes him the most subversive poster in the thread

I want to grow up to be a debaser

Deques

I reccomend both Wolfenstein games. TNO is a must have and OB is more of the same gameplay with less focus on story and characters.

I put all the games in the cart including the season pass for The Evil Within, totally it is around £28. I only have £25 in credits. Damn I was too lazy to get more credits :p
It sucks that I cant use coupon with credit

Deques

I have never a Tropico game. If I were to Tropico, do I Tropico 3 with the dlc or Tropico 4 with the dlc or either without or both within? If I were to Tropico?

I attempted to play the Tropico 1 but it was too old.

False Edit: Oh I see on Steam that 4 has achievements and 3 doesn't so If I were to Tropico I guess I Tropico 4.

How does it compare to the Godus?

Just Tropico Tropico 5 :D

Wok

That's pretty much where we ended up last time so I think we should just drop it.
It wasn't my intention to be rude or "chase him off", if you read what I said it's quite the opposite. I have no context for his posts or why they should be interesting to me because he doesn't talk, so it's just noise to me compared to posts from other people here.

Sorry

A simple solution is to use the ignore function of the forum if it is too noisy.

Chariot

Something story related or am I missing something?
I am german. We are region locked into a version fo the game that not only removes everything nazi related from the game, from symbols over names, to story and even a whole part of the game, but also forces us to play the game in german, because you can't just put the english in without nazi stuff mentioned. Onyl way to play it OG would be to buy it somehwere and then having to use a VPN everytime I want to play.

Miguel81

I am german. We are region locked into a version fo the game that not only removes everything nazi related from the game, from symbols over names, to story and even a whole part of the game, but also forces us to play the game in german, because you can't just put the english in without nazi stuff mentioned. Onyl way to play it OG would be to buy it somehwere and then having to use a VPN everytime I want to play.

Yeesh. That's pretty poor treatment. I had thought that a gift copy from outside Germany would automatically provide the uncensored version.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Maybe old news, but Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered Steam Key is $3,74 on MacGameStore

header.jpg

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3902/Joe-Devers-Lone-Wolf-HD-Remastered/

I loved these books as a kid :)

edit:

Yeesh. That's pretty poor treatment. I had thought that a gift copy from outside Germany would automatically provide the uncensored version.

sadly not, and thats the reason I will most likely never play this game, which is a shame cause it looks like good fun

Blu(e)

Oh that sounds terrible. The censoring doesn't seem too bad but not being able to play a portion of the game is awful. My condolences.

cyba89

Oh that sounds terrible. The censoring doesn't seem too bad but not being able to play a portion of the game is awful. My condolences.

I don't know what portion he is talking about. There is one minor short scene that has been slighlty changed
chapter 8 incinerator
, but content-wise everything else is the same.
In my opinion only being able to play the german localization is worse than the changed symbol stuff. I bit in the sour apple and bought the game and it still was a blast to play through. The censors did not really hinder the enjoyment I had with the game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I don't know what portion he is talking about. There is one minor short scene that has been slighlty changed
chapter 8 incinerator
, but content-wise everything else is the same.
In my opinion only being able to play the german localization is worse than the changed symbol stuff. I bit in the sour apple and bought the game and it still was a blast to play through. The censors did not really hinder the enjoyment I had with the game.

Thats the reason I don't want the German version.
I really don't care that all the symbols got changed, but I don't want to play with the crappy German localization :(

But I know me, I will buy it as soon the game hits below 5€ on Steam itself, cause we can't redeem keys from elsewhere...

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Really sad on how this was handled.
Reminds me of the GTA controversies. People need to know that this is satire. GTA was born of some Brits doing a game where stereotypical notions of America are amplified by film, music and television.

That's why Vice was so good. The public new those references. Though, it was released at a time in which Scarface (1983) was at a resurgence as a meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom