• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

As we are talking statistics

untitled-29amlu1.jpg

the hell is Trove? I haven't even heard of it, I think, and it's one of most played games?

Tons of EA games have high positive reviews. I'd wager there are a lot more EA games in the +85% range than finished games.

I don't follow EA that closely, but I never noticed this, tbh, maybe I check wrong games or something.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/confused/confused035.gif[/IMG

EA games can't have good reviews?][/QUOTE]

That's not what I said

Haunted

If we exclude f2p games, nogta is the best selling game? That's kinda funny

It's also odd that Dungeon Souls being an EA game has so high % of positive reviews, could it be it's close to finished?
Good games get good reviews and bad games get bad reviews. Doesn't have anything to do with Early Access or not. Lots of early access games get good reviews because they're good games.

I can't think of many examples where the overall user aggregation into positive and negative has had outside influence and couldn't be trusted.

Deques

Got a mail that contains a key for Guild of Dungeon erring from Who's Gaming Now. Looks like I won it from one their giveaways :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Being not-so-subtly labelled childish, a whiner, etc. because I had the "audacity" to say that the sporadic posting of virtually everything that pops up on SteamDB is overdoing it is, frankly, a pretty disgusting response to what was a very mild piece of criticism. It's all well and good that next to nobody agrees, but I expected something more tactful than taking the form of an insular community and going on the defensive.

Haunted

Being not-so-subtly labelled childish, a whiner, etc. because I had the "audacity" to say that the sporadic posting of virtually everything that pops up on SteamDB is overdoing it is, frankly, a pretty disgusting response to what was a very mild piece of criticism. It's all well and good that next to nobody agrees, but I expected something more tactful than taking the form of an insular community and going on the defensive.
how dare u

Agreed

Plz lets not insult anyone

fantomena

Well I agreed with you. Posting news and what pops up on the Steam db is okay, but only to an extent. The best would also be to write an opinion about the game you are posting about.

titch

I'm grateful for lashman's posts.

He got grief for just putting up the image which I thought was great and has also put in a wall of text now and is getting more grief.

Personally I liked it when he only posted the image - if I was interested I'd click on the link and find it more, if not it was an easy scroll past. Now we have some text too which I don't tend to read and have to scroll by more but im still thankful for getting the info.

Totally understand if folk don't want to see info about every release but I'd rather get that than miss a game that I'd really like but flew under the radar.

I wouldn't blame him for stopping totally and that would be detrimental to the steamgaf thread.

Volcynika

Yeah. It's why I've pulled back my amount of posting here lately. It's kind of a bummer. Just insulting people over an opinion that wasn't an attack is not great.

Farewell Blink, I only ever used you once anyway...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Canyon Capers Rio Fever (DLC) -- MB-2CEC3479A2D87D45 - Taken by SSPssp
FATE -- MB-CBC278CA2272FDDF - Taken by titch
Chip -- MB-1DE604B1CBD685C1 - Taken by MaxiLive
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-3AF0FF81ABDBA222 - Taken by Vuze
Go Home Dinosaurs! -- MB-5A5DD80F546F724C - Taken by Loptous
Canyon Capers -- MB-AAB412DCC33595DE - Taken by arts&crafts
Retro/Grade -- MB-0A3656FCA1459F52 - Taken by BigAT

Hektor

Please dont fight.

Im not able to activate that in germania without vpn, right?

€: oh. Unfortunately this product is not yet available in your region. Please check our FAQ for more details. So much about that.

Apparently Batgirl DLC for Batman is very short (you can finish it in one hour) and it is repetitive.

Im surprised. Batman DLC's so far have always been very long and diversive experiences.

Well I agreed with you. Posting news and what pops up on the Steam db is okay, but only to an extent. The best would also be to write an opinion about the game you are posting about.

I honestly don't see how that changes things.

People would be happier if he posted things that showed up on steam and then 'i think this looks cool'.?

I noticed that Sunrider Academy is on weeklong deals, but damn that price... damn it to hell. Still very tempting, but I was saving my moneys for ToZ and Fairy Fencer F, decisions, decisions.

I'm of mixed minds on Sunrider Academy. I enjoyed it, but I feel like by splitting the difference between a "life management sim" and a dating sim, it occasionally gets the worst of both worlds. The life management sim part, to me, was very, very shallow, and there was way too much of it (the ratio felt like 90% life sim, 10% dating sim). This wouldn't be much of an issue if the life management part felt more fleshed out than it did, but that part lacked any real character, it might as well have just said "click here to raise stat X 1 point, click there to raise stat Y 1 point". There was no "soul" to it, so to speak, and you'd go *LONG* stretches of time just going click-click-click with no real text, or flavor text, or much of anything actually happening.

The dating sim side, however, was great. The plots are actually pretty interesting and definitely introduced twists I didn't see coming.

I finished Her Story in one sitting. Definitely interesting enough to justify the $6 i spent on it. Though it does kinda feel strange to have a bunch of steam trading cards with a real person on them lol

and damn, i knew i should've held off on The Old Blood. Bought it during the Steam sale just to buy something and still havent played it.

milena87

$4 after coupon. Worth it? How long is the game?

Not very long. I'd say about 7-8 hours, but it depends a lot on playstile.

I played on Uber, collected every letter and gold and completed all the Nightmare levels. I still have 4 challenges to complete and my playtime is less than 10 hours. I think. Well, it's around 10 hours.

Kaleinc

Banned
I still think the most infuriating thing with Wolfenstein, and some other recent examples, is that they block the activation of uncut versions from other countries.

There is just no legal need for that. As said above, you can play the uncut console versions without problems at all here, not so much on the PC.
1 point to Glorious console master race.

Annubis

I'm of mixed minds on Sunrider Academy. I enjoyed it, but I feel like by splitting the difference between a "life management sim" and a dating sim, it occasionally gets the worst of both worlds. The life management sim part, to me, was very, very shallow, and there was way too much of it (the ratio felt like 90% life sim, 10% dating sim). This wouldn't be much of an issue if the life management part felt more fleshed out than it did, but that part lacked any real character, it might as well have just said "click here to raise stat X 1 point, click there to raise stat Y 1 point". There was no "soul" to it, so to speak, and you'd go *LONG* stretches of time just going click-click-click with no real text, or flavor text, or much of anything actually happening.

The dating sim side, however, was great. The plots are actually pretty interesting and definitely introduced twists I didn't see coming.

I tried the demo and it bored me out of my mind.
I don't think there's any way you could excuse the base price either.
I mean, for 30$, I could get Nekopara, Huniepop and Long Live the Queen.
That's 3 infinitely better game for the same amount.

Arthea

I know exactly what you mean, that's how Always remember me feels, that nothing happens for longest time periods, except of you doing "daily routine". Still need to finish it, as I kinda like it.

bolded part makes me want it even more, though, and it looks great, but maybe I should wait for a better discount or until they lower a base price (as if it'll ever happen), not that I don't have what to play.

dex3108

I even don't have enough money on my card to buy Old Blood :( Oh well I will go to bank tomorrow i guess. Wolfenstein TNO is still too much i will wait until goes to 9.99 :D

derExperte

Here's the link to Wolfenstein Old Blood DE since the other doesn't work here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/shooter/wolfenstein-old-blood-gas/

We already had a fucking witch hunt because he used smilies.

Smilies.

Even the sweetest and most innocent thing in the world first loses all meaning and then becomes something truly evil if used in excess.
Would witch hunt again.
g6cYnyw.png

Additionally I have no idea why some seem to have such a hard time dealing with dissent in a mature manner by for example just dialing down whatever they're doing a bit. Most of the recent meltdowns/disappearances were hilarious and in no way the fault of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom