• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Arthea

So this is when I can buy Tropico 5?

I can't Tropico the latest Tropico but I did install Tropico 4 and all its DLC so I can Tropico later. I hope it is Tropico.

not really, you buy Tropico 5 when I buy, when it gets complete collection, that won't happen this soon.

Then again, I should reinstall and properly play 4, after I'm done with 52 games, but I'm more tempted with CK2 and EU4 and I held from playing those so long that I finally understood I'll never get all dlcs for those, may as well just play, again after 52 games.

Phawx

There are militant thread users here.

In other news, I understand why Ozium changed his avatar, but I can help shake the ominous feeling.

iosefe

There are militant thread users here.

In other news, I understand why Ozium changed his avatar, but I can help shake the ominous feeling.
He's next?

D:

Anyway, time for my daily whoring out of Rocket League. Damn good fun, especially with friends

Phawx

He's next?

D:

Anyway, time for my daily whoring out of Rocket League. Damn good fun, especially with friends

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Rocket League.

My son and I are playing that every night. I actually have to upload some of my more clever goals to YT.

Kinda glad I am still in China and could buy Wolfenstein and Old Blood as ROW versions from GMG.

Remember that when you get back to Germany you won't be able to play those without a VPN. I'd play them quickly if I were you (they are both really good games, though TNO is quite a bit better than Old Blood)

Ruruja

Maybe I've just grown too jaded.

Maybe your username should be JadeD.

yes I slowly scrolled through the previous pages to make sure nobody else said that.
yes I know it's not that funny
I'm still proud of it

--------------------------------

Nice to see GMG having a general sale, they haven't done one in a while.

Arthea

BTW Pony World 2 is on greenlight, no way I'm gonna include it in my meanwhile on greenlight as it's NSFL, thus mentioning now.

MUnited83

For you.
You can play Wolfenstein uncensored ln Germany, you only have to buy an entire publisher pack thats expensive as hell and only available for like a few days each year.

Such a bargain!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There will come a time when you ask yourself, "What exactly am I trying to save here?"

Then you become morningbus.

MadGear

You can play Wolfenstein uncensored ln Germany, you only have to buy an entire publisher pack thats expensive as hell and only available for like a few days each year.

Such a bargain!

If I wanted to play the uncensored version that bad I would just pirate my first game in over a decade without feeling bad about it. However right now I feel just fine by simply passing on this game entirely.

Knurek

Okay, a question to the SteamGAF hivemind (and especially Stump).

Do you think there's a need for a Steam Weekly sales data thread in the main forum?
Basically the thing I posted earlier, just with some additional formatting, etc. And a weekly update, of course.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, and you all know the first rule of not getting banned on GAF (don't venture outside of SteamGAF thread), so I'm curious whether I should even think about doing this...

What do you think?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just in case you wanted to play AK Batgirl today: you're not missing much. The setting is cool, but the gameplay isn't anything special, with only one good predator room near the end.

Just in case you wanted to play AK Batgirl today: you're not missing much. The setting is cool, but the gameplay isn't anything special, with only one good predator room near the end.

So it's a piece of crap just like every other campaign DLC that has been released for a Batman game.

I wonder how those folks who actually paid $40 for that garbage feel about it right now

Okay, a question to the SteamGAF hivemind (and especially Stump).

Do you think there's a need for a Steam Weekly sales data thread in the main forum?
Basically the thing I posted earlier, just with some additional formatting, etc. And a weekly update, of course.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, and you all know the first rule of not getting banned on GAF (don't venture outside of SteamGAF thread), so I'm curious whether I should even think about doing this...

What do you think?

I think a monthly thread instead of a weekly one would be pretty good. Gives us something to compare with the NPD figures

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Galak-Z's PC release will follow "A few months" after the PS4 release.

AIv8RJI.png

Kinda disappointed we have an additional wait.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Hey guys, I forgot the name of a Steam game that was pretty similar to Minecraft but f2p, and if I remember correctly, it was in early access (as of june or april). I forgot to wishlist it, trusting that my memory wouldn't fail me. I guess I was wrong.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey guys, I forgot the name of a Steam game that was pretty similar to Minecraft but f2p, and if I remember correctly, it was in early access (as of june or april). I forgot to wishlist it, trusting that my memory wouldn't fail me. I guess I was wrong.

Shadownet

Banned
I say let lashman do it as is now, if he only makes 1 big post with all the games not everyone will notice it.
Maybe not 1 big post cause yeah I'm sure some people will miss it. But instead of 40 posts a day about 1 game/news each. He condense it into 10 posts or something. Like put 3-4 games into a post.

Maybe lashman should gather all new game releases and just post once with all of the releases of the day in one big post.
Just seeing him "spam" as soon as there is a new release seems just too much
I asked lashman on Steam if he would consider doing what I listed above. It seem like he did consider it. For which I am graceful. Plus he's adding text to his game post too so that's great.

Still I would like it if he come back full time and not be a bot.

Deques

Maybe not 1 big post cause yeah I'm sure some people will miss it. But instead of 40 posts a day about 1 game/news each. He condense it into 10 posts or something. Like put 3-4 games into a post.

I asked lashman on Steam if he would consider doing what I listed above. It seem like he did consider it. For which I am graceful. Plus he's adding text to his game post too so that's great.

Still I would like it if he come back full time and not be a bot.

Wait, I thought us talking him about being a bot was some joke. So his posts are from a bot?

I can't believe Dr. Dogg never came back. Was it just the fact that he was moving or that Batman snafu?

Edit: I see that he's been lurking, but with no avatar. Hope you come back man! You're one of the more technically-minded fellows that were in SteamGAF.
I talked to him. He's in midst of house moving and has no internet or good internet at home.
He'll be back he said but it'll take some time. That batman thing is not a biggie. He'll be back.

Also for those wondering why we suddenly got a significant drop in quality impression posts, someguyinahat is on a 2 week vacation
that bastard :p
So we gotta actually play games or search ourselves for impressions lol
I actually appreciate Iashman's efforts and it informs me on a lot of things I may have otherwise missed, but maybe others feel differently than me.
Agree. I learn a lot about new games. I still would like to see him post more. Really not nice to see the weirdest with hunts for smiles and posting just info. Criticism is fine, not everyone has to like posters/posting styles but what happened to being nice to each other.
Funnily enough lashman made his posts longer, with more information, after Yian's initial complaints.
Yep, some people seemingly like to complain no matter what. I have no clue why some can't just put him on ignore if they are bothered. It's really easy. Not a hard function to use.
Oh Lord, haha! The shift between super-serious batman and the almost comical goofiness of the car crash makes this sooo good.

Shadownet

Banned
Wait, I thought us talking him about being a bot was some joke. So his posts are from a bot?
He transcended into Skynet.
no, its still just a joke.
------------
I won't be on here much for a week. I won't be near my PC, so I'm bringing my laptop with me. Does anyone know how I can copy certain game folders over to my laptop so I don't have to download some games?

And if I play them on my laptop, I can resume the save files on my PC later on cause cloud right?

I won't be on here much for a week. I won't be near my PC, so I'm bringing my laptop with me. Does anyone know how I can copy certain game folders over to my laptop so I don't have to download some games?

And if I play them on my laptop, I can resume the save files on my PC later on cause cloud right?
There's an app called Steammover but it's very easily done by just copy-pasting the game folders in \steamapps\common and the games corresponding appmanifest_xxxxx.acf file in \steamapps to your laptops steam folder.

derExperte

Why does SteamGAF not like Geometry Wars 3? Some played the adventure mode but now I'm almost done and the leaderboards are empty in the last third. The soundtrack is A+++, the different modes challenging and diverse, the difficulty isn't too bad (with the right upgrades) and it looks like the Geo Wars everyone loved back in the day. Bosses could be more original but who cares. Really lots of content after latest update and I haven't even touched mutiplayer (someone interested? chat me up).

And thanks to the 10,000,000 dude for sending me a key for Boat after I finally found my receipt (which states I only paid 1€ for 10 so now I feel pretty cheap).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom