• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Is Etherium multi only? Some reviews made me think so.
I thought of trying to play it as it's free this week, but I don't wanna dl it if its multi only.

They're up now.

Life is Strange is less than 10$ on Newegg with the code EMCAVKR99.
If you don't have it already, how can you resist?

easily
as I still haven't played the first episode I have

Volimar

I like Lashman's posts. I don't keep abreast of all the Steam releases so it's nice to read when I might miss a hidden gem here or there.

Also, I'm enjoying Card Hunter so far.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is Etherium multi only? Some reviews made me think so.
I thought of trying to play it as it's free this week, but I don't wanna dl it if its multi only.

No, but don't expect much from the Single Player

What the game excels at is its style, it has a LOT of it. If you like a game with style, then definitely play it. But one controversial area is its story, most people won't understand what just happened the first time they complete the game. The PC version added files upon completion to explain some things, but it's a very odd story that is deceptively simple at times, and then other times just seems plain weird or random, but it actually all fits together in its own weird way.
It's not amazing, but I think it's worth experiencing if you like Suda51, or like stylistic quirky games, or an above-average but not amazing action game.

Most people won't understand the story even after reading a wiki entry explaining it. :lol

And I tend to dislike Suda51 games, so Killer is Dead was a nice surprise.

I'd recommend playing them in the order they came out. The New Order is amazing, probably one of the best fps campaign in years. The Old Blood is okay.

I'd agree with you, if possible, solely because I feel the opposite about TNO. I feel TOB fixed a lot of the problems I had with TNO and was a better overall experience. If I had played TOB first and went into TNO after it, I probably would've gotten sick of the game and dumped it partway through. TNO at the very least feels a lot longer and has a bunch of "story" missions that I found repetitive (since they all pretty much occur in the same map as different fetch quests) and make the game drag on and on.

Now we just need Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw on Steam...

I never played Lollipop Chainsaw because of my feelings towards SotD... but after platinuming SotD, I think I would rather download Strider on PS4 and get 100% in that before I ever touched SotD again.
SotD (especially it's stupid non-stacking difficulty trophies) is the game responsible for imbuing a strong dislike of Suda51 in me... so much so that I almost skipped KiD because it was a Suda51 game.

Werd

Buying new editions of NBA 2K would be a lot more appealing if your online character transferred over. They want you to either sink a ton of time into upgrading your character or buy your way in... and then it's wasted on the new game a year later.

And they shut down the old versions pretty quick (tried to do it in ~1.5 years on 2k14 before outcry delayed it) so you can't even stick to one version too long.

Sober

Just in case you wanted to play AK Batgirl today: you're not missing much. The setting is cool, but the gameplay isn't anything special, with only one good predator room near the end.
This shit for real? LOL Rocksteady. Sounds like it's as bad as Harley Quinn.

Man WB Montreal was making this, I was expecting something on the level of Cold Cold Heart.

pahamrick

Way of the Samurai 4 coming out in 2 weeks is great, just sucks that I'm going to have to wait for Winter Sale or something.

Only game money I have from now until December is reserved for MGSV.

Miguel81

I talked to him. He's in midst of house moving and has no internet or good internet at home.
He'll be back he said but it'll take some time. That batman thing is not a biggie. He'll be back.

Thanks for the response, Veggie. It's good to know that Dr. Dogg will be back once he's settled.

The Evil Within is $12 today for Green Man Gaming's sale, and that's with the voucher applied. Any chance it will be cheaper by Halloween? I want to have the game ready to play for October.

Way of the Samurai 4 coming out in 2 weeks is great, just sucks that I'm going to have to wait for Winter Sale or something.

Only game money I have from now until December is reserved for MGSV.

40% discount!

You know you want it :)

Good to know about Dr Doggie, thanks for the news Veggie :)

Turfster

easily
as I still haven't played the first episode I have

Boothisman.gif

Humble Store Midweek Destination: Japan
  • Dark Souls 75% off
  • Dark Souls II 50% off
  • Valkyria Chronicles 75% off
  • Killer is Dead 80% off
  • Jet Set Radio 75% off
  • Neptunia Rebirth 70% off
  • Typing of the Dead Overkill 75% off
  • Nights 75% off
  • Deadly Premonition 90% off
  • Binary Domain 75% off

iosefe

They're up now.

I need it, but I can resist

until I get home in 4 hours, pop some cash into my account and buy it to play tonight

Tizoc

I never played Lollipop Chainsaw because of my feelings towards SotD... but after platinuming SotD, I think I would rather download Strider on PS4 and get 100% in that before I ever touched SotD again.
SotD (especially it's stupid non-stacking difficulty trophies) is the game responsible for imbuing a strong dislike of Suda51 in me... so much so that I almost skipped KiD because it was a Suda51 game.

What is it with you and trophies/cheevos?
I platinumed SotD and would play it again still because I like the gameplay
What didn't you like about SotD's gameplay specifically, cuz cheeovs is a very silly reason to dislike a game.
Mind you the one thing stopping me from playing SotD on my PS3 is the performance issues, if this gets a PC release that offers 60 FPS, no screen tearing, I'll finally get to experience Garcia Fucking Hotspur and Johnson's awesome road trip through Hell in the way it is meant to be

Terra_Ex

I'm afraid we weren't able to implement this.
A pity but it's an admittedly minor feature. I guess I'll have to work a little bit harder to get some of the best swords then. Thanks for letting us know, looking forward to finally owning it on PC.

Good old Gothic.
Btw, some guy wrote a DX11 renderer for Gothic II. Looks amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhdkLOg6WY

There's also L'Hiver for more vegetation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdqXup3-CQQ

Great for replaying, might do one day.
That's quite a nice jump in visuals, I think a replay is on the cards.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I always think Swery and Suda are the same person.

It's a common mistake because they're both Japanese developers who's name start with S and end with two numbers both including the number 5, and the games they make are kind of weird.

But also very different, Swery has worked on fewer projects but probably more cherished at this point. Suda is much more established and has a love it/hate it element to his games.

Lomax

Pm2pjEr.jpg

That Spike Lee bit may seem silly, but if they add a legitimate narrative to the MyCareer mode, that could be pretty brilliant and basically make the game a true sports RPG.

Unrelated edit: Bioshock Infinite season pass is $4 on GMG with coupon, which afaik is the cheapest it's ever been: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/bioshock-infinite-season-pass-mac/

Double

They're up now.

Anyone knows how to buy this via paypal from beyond US (germany)? I always get the error below =[

Or would someone buy it for me? I paypal you guys back immediately! <3

The shipping address information we received from PayPal indicated that your address status is "unconfirmed". Unfortunately, Newegg only ships to confirmed PayPal addresses at this time. If you would like to use PayPal for this purchase, you will need to update your PayPal shipping information to a confirmed address.

Turfster

Humble Additions
  • PlayCanvas + 3D Asset Pack + TANX
  • Pro Motion 6.5
  • Humble Bundle Modern DLC Pack
  • Whisper of A Rose
  • 50% off Adventurezalor: When Pigs Fly coupon

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
None of the CK2 DLC is on sale.

Nice.

Might be a glitch. The new DLC doesn't even show up in the main CK2 store page and some people on the PDX forums are reporting that the Horse Lords Collection only added the expansion and not the cosmetic pack in their libraries

The mobile team has really improved. They released another update to the Steam android app today and it seems like they'll have some someone answer Google Play user reviews if there are any problems.

They're up now.

Hm, might be my first ever newegg purchase.
I'm seeing less than $10 even without the code ($8.49).
Any issue when buying from Yurop?

With code it's $7.22...

Hm, that's a very limited choice of countries on newegg, think I'll go with Poland lol.

I'm torn though, LiS, Old Blood or TeW season pass (bought the game itself earlier)?
Can't afford more than one, already spent 10 on TeW today.

jediyoshi

Trials Fusion update for Awesome Level Max up, 1.1gb

zhFsiRc.png

Not actually purchasable yet, haven't even seen any PC release information

derExperte

I'd be interested in playing the multiplayer (Macatouille on Steam). I never checked out that side of the game.

As for Adventure, I really liked it except for the bosses (especially the final one) and some of the level layouts, which make it hard to tell how close enemies are. I felt like some of my deaths were rather cheap.

Whew, beat the last boss, that was indeed no joke. Time to replay earlier levels with the upgrades and beat some high scores.... or not, starting to feel a little dizzy.

What is it with you and trophies/cheevos?
I platinumed SotD and would play it again still because I like the gameplay
What didn't you like about SotD's gameplay specifically, cuz cheeovs is a very silly reason to dislike a game.
Mind you the one thing stopping me from playing SotD on my PS3 is the performance issues, if this gets a PC release that offers 60 FPS, no screen tearing, I'll finally get to experience Garcia Fucking Hotspur and Johnson's awesome road trip through Hell in the way it is meant to be

I like earning achievements/trophies? Simple as that. They make gameplay more enjoyable to me, so I go for them when I can; couple that with a tinge of OCD and the completionist in me tends to go for 100% whenever it's not a crazy chore like the Seriously achievements in the Gears of War games.

And I didn't dislike it just for the achievements. I thought it was an average game the first time I played it -- as is often the case in my experience, it in no way lived up to the hype the internet seemed to bestow upon it. It was just a mediocre RE4 clone where the weapons lacked impact and there was a crazy Suda51 story with a bunch of juvenile humor that rarely made me laugh. Add in some really strange design decisions and lackluster enemy encounter design and I was not really a fan. But I think when I was done with the first playthrough, I was missing 2 trophies towards platinum and I thought "I might as well get them while the game is fresh in my mind... then I can sell/trade and get a decent value for it" That was a mistake. What little I found enjoyable about the game on my initial playthrough paled in comparison to all of the flaws I found the game to have by the time my third playthrough was completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom